• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW's Black Lightning ordered to series

anaron

Yesssssss

http://deadline.com/2017/05/black-lightning-life-sentence-series-the-cw-1202089253/

Black Lightning hails from Berlanti Productions and Akil Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Based on the DC character created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden, Black Lightning centers on Jefferson Pierce. He made his choice: He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter, Jennifer, hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning. Cress Williams, Nefessa Williams, China Anne McClain and Christine Adams star.

Salim Akil will serve as showrunner on project, which he co-created with wife Mara Brock Akil through their Akil Productions shingle. The duo executive produce alongside Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter, the head of his Greg Berlanti Productions.

(Also totally unrelated shameless plugging of best comic book show iZombie renewed as well!!)

Slayven

CW just tweeted this promo art. Black Lightening looking good

250px-JakeemandThunderbolt.png

sirap

Sweet.

I wonder which CW show will take the hit. Legends damn near killed S2 of Flash and left it crippled.

Wag

Since this is a CW/Arrowverse show, it will be interesting to see what universe it takes place in. No metas exist on Earth-1 except for those created by the particle accelerator (are there metas in the JSA?).

Will it take place on Earth-38? A different Earth?

TheFlow

Banned
Didn't retcon the arrow/flash universe with flashpoint?

what changed?

CW doesn't have to get rid of supergirl/legends especially when Crazy ex girlfriend has 2 more years left, and other shows are ending soon to.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Okay, so they got a Black showrunner. I was a little worried about them not having some color in the writing room. I'm a little exhausted of these Berlanti cape shows, but this has a couple of different angles that interest me. Black superhero, semi-retired from hero-ing, more mature, has kids, etc.

Ross61

Okay, so they got a Black showrunner. I was a little worried about them not having some color in the writing room. I'm a little exhausted of these Berlanti cape shows, but this has a couple of different angles that interest me. Black superhero, semi-retired from hero-ing, more mature, has kids, etc.
Pretty much all the writing rooms on Berlanti shows are diverse.

Slayven

I will mainly just be in it for the jokes. Like at the crossover when Wally, Iris, and Joe give Team Lightening the nod.

Or Barry surprises them with his Spades skills

ZeroX03

Banned
Wonder if it'll be set on Supergirl's Earth. I'm sure it'll be some part of the Arrowverse multiverse, but it doesn't really fit Earth-1.

Also just make Reverse Flash the villain, it works for literally any show

Sweet.

I wonder which CW show will take the hit. Legends damn near killed S2 of Flash and left it crippled.

That's not how any of this works.

All I hope is that it doesn't follow the formula of the other Berlanti DC shows because it's incredibly tired at this point and that the show is successful.

Is this in the Arrowverse?

It wouldn't the same universe as Arrow and Flash at the very least, Supergirl's could probably fit but they could just put it on its own.

KonradLaw

Another typical superhero show seems a bit to much to stuff into CW, but I will still watch it. It's a shame this pretty much means the death of any chances for Constantine though :(

Joni

Where will I put this in my schedule? Uh who cares, I'll welcome it.

Berlanti shows have quite some behind the scenes diversity, like two of the four superhero shows are lead by women. It is also easy to see when they do 'racism' storylines which are often better than you would expect from a superhero show, for instance in Legends.

Top Bottom