• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image of Cress Williams as Black Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

geomon

Looks great there. Probably look like shit on TV though, which is a big part of the reason that I don't like television superhero shows.

caliph95

And Jughead was asexual until he started dating a hot girl

I'm not sure if they'll change sexuality, I'd say probably not, but there's no way they aren't getting multiple hot guy love interests in there
I mean they had Sarah being the Kirk (never seen trek) and banging a chick every episode

Looks great there. Probably look like shit on TV though, which is a big part of the reason that I don't like television superhero shows.

Wut?
Flash is the only CW costume that looks shit on tv.

arrow-season-5.jpg

4804256-1223220934-arrow.jpg

5220867-5251497938-LGN11.jpg

Edit: I take that back, CW does have 1 big loser.

DeathyBoy

Banned
If it's anything like the rest if the CW superhero shows it will be decent for a season or two and by the third season it will suck.

Arrow and Flash went from being great superhero tv to unwatchable by their third seasons and the rstungs died along with the poor writing.

Unwatchable? Jesus, Gaf hyperbole is ludicrous.

Looks great, although by this point CW are pretty good at balancing the more fabulously colourful comic designs with a slightly more realistic look for TV, so that's almost to be expected.

I'm just hoping they can find a balance between Arrow and Flash with it, the heart and fantastical nature of Flash without the saccharine cringeiness and boring plots, and the drama and strong use of villains of arrow without the soap opera plots and letting fan love influence character development.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I actually like Guardian's costume in Supergirl. It's pretty utilitarian on film, which I'm cool with.

Mon-el's "costume" is the big loser across the CW shows. They should have done a new 52 Superman or 90s Superboy thing if they wanted to be cheap. He's an alien fratboy, his costume should be a little flamboyant.

ZeroX03

Banned
Mon-el's "costume" is the big loser across the CW shows. They should have done a new 52 Superman or 90s Superboy thing if they wanted to be cheap. He's an alien fratboy, his costume should be a little flamboyant.

You take that back. He looks just as much a superhero as Kara, if not more.

supergirl-season-2-photos-1.jpg

Slayven

All the cool superheroes do.

Remember when DC had a 17 year old black guy merging with a 30 ish white woman to become firestorm?

I always thought that was a little fucked up. Especially because they were chained together in human form( they could be no more than 30 feet apart or there would be a nuclear explosion)

It looks okay. Goggles look ridiculous. Suit also looks way too bulky. Still undecided on whether I'll watch it or not.
Yes a 5-d imp, like Mxypltizik from Superman
Liked to pretend to just be a thunder genie though. I think it was Dr. Fate or the Spectre that called him on his shit. "Now I KNOW you're not just a thunder spirit. But I'll let it slide."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom