• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW's Black Lightning ordered to series

Makonero

Definitely interested in this. Hope they put him on supergirl's earth, just on an opposite coast maybe? Could have some fun crossovers.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Definitely interested in this. Hope they put him on supergirl's earth, just on an opposite coast maybe? Could have some fun crossovers.

It's currently set in L.A.

Which is also a strong sign that it might not be set on the same earth as Arrow and Flash as they tend towards using fake D.C. places like Central City for Flash, Star City for Arrow, or Detroit for Vixen.

Detroit. What a ridiculous name.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Pretty much all the writing rooms on Berlanti shows are diverse.
Where will I put this in my schedule? Uh who cares, I'll welcome it.

Berlanti shows have quite some behind the scenes diversity, like two of the four superhero shows are lead by women. It is also easy to see when they do 'racism' storylines which are often better than you would expect from a superhero show, for instance in Legends.

That's good to hear. They have such diverse casts, it's nice to know that it's reflected behind the scenes too.

I wonder if they'll double up. You just know they're gonna use The Flash as a lead in as much as possible. Maybe Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on Fridays, then you can do a DC TV Monday. Or pair it with Flash for Tuesday.

Bluth54

It's currently set in L.A.

Which is also a strong sign that it might not be set on the same earth as Arrow and Flash as they tend towards using fake D.C. places like Central City for Flash, Star City for Arrow, or Detroit for Vixen.

Detroit. What a ridiculous name.

There's no way it wont be set in either Arrow's Earth or Supergirl's Earth so they can get that sweet, sweet ratings boost for the inevitable 5 part crossover episode.

sirap

That's not how any of this works.

For Flash and Arrow's sake I certainly hope so, because shoehorning Hawkgirl/Savage seriously hurt their pacing. Hopefully this will be its own thing, no need to do soft introductions in existing shows.

LionPride

Banned
Okay, so they got a Black showrunner. I was a little worried about them not having some color in the writing room. I'm a little exhausted of these Berlanti cape shows, but this has a couple of different angles that interest me. Black superhero, semi-retired from hero-ing, more mature, has kids, etc.
Supergirl has to have a black writer because Season 1 had an episode about Jimmy and the feelings he has in regards to really being the only Black person working at CatCo

Flash also has all of the black fatherhood moments

Tobias Whale, an obese crime lord

e894f9220899a62d0310256873be64f3.jpg
I prefer justice league animated version of him. Steven Mandragora. He's all muscle instead of fat.
latest

Makonero

Supergirl has to have a black writer because Season 1 had an episode about Jimmy and the feelings he has in regards to really being the only Black person working at CatCo

Flash also has all of the black fatherhood moments
Speaking of Flash, I want a Jefferson/Joe black dad team-up. That's all I want, Berlanti! Do that and I forgive you for Arrow Season 3, LoT Season 1, and Flash Season 3!

Penguin

Won't be part of the Arrowverse (for now) nor part of the 4-part crossover during the fall (though logistics aside, also doesn't premiere until mid-season)

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/18/cw-superheroes-crossover-black-lightning-flash-arrow-legends-tomorrow/

Sorry to say, but it’s looking unlikely that the network will try to top last season’s epic Invasion crossover. CW chief Mark Pedowitz revealed to reporters on Thursday morning ahead of the network’s upfront presentation that Black Lightning does not take place in the Arrowverse — the same shared universe that the other four series call home. Couple that with the fact that Black Lightning films in Atlanta, while the rest of the shows film in Vancouver, and it’s basically a logistical nightmare. Black Lightning is also slated to debut in midseason, not in the fall.

“We do not aim to do a five-way crossover,” Pedowitz said. “Black Lightning, at this time, is not part of the Arrowverse. It is a separate situation. But there will be a big fourth quarter crossover with all four of the shows that are on in the fall.”

ZeroX03

Banned
Won't be part of the Arrowverse (for now) nor part of the 4-part crossover during the fall (though logistics aside, also doesn't premiere until mid-season)

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/18/cw-superheroes-crossover-black-lightning-flash-arrow-legends-tomorrow/

It's a shame it's not set on Supergirl's Earth, but I get it. It does seem to be a logistical thing more than anything. I'd say Flash should visit at some point, but that show needs to cool it with time and space hopping for a while.

WedgeX

Banned
Sad. Still interested, but less so. I don't care if it had crossovers but not being part of the same shared universe seems like a lost opportunity.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They didn't have too much to gain from mainline Arrowverse continuity, honestly. Especially if they are filming in Atlanta and actual crossovers will be hard to schedule.

I do think there was story potential setting it on Supergirl's earth, though.

But it's the multiverse anyway. They can grab the main actors whenever they need to.

Top Bottom