• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19th

NeoGiffer

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19th....

AlarmingBlandBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

GHG

Yeh this runs like arse on current gen consoles.

They should just cut their losses and make it PC/Next gen only.

iorek21

Seriously, I think that there's a big problem in the development of this game, but they are covering it very well

I dunno, this game is slowly smelling like a flop to me

MrS

Banned
They need this time cause the game has looked rough as fuck in every video I've seen. Still in for day one and hopeful they can sort it out.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Man, AGAIN?! Wasn't the other announcement not even that long ago and said that they were on track for September? Haha. I understand how these things go, so it's no big deal. But man, I hope for their sake glaring bugs and balance issues won't be present at release. I could see some folks flipping their lid, lmao.

I also can't help but wonder if bugs and balancing are excuses and there's another reason for it... :pie_thinking:

Last edited:
The next gen benjamins are real. Glad it got delayed to be honest. September was very awkward considering how close we are to nee platforms. Makes sense.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Man, AGAIN?! Wasn't the other announcement not even that long ago and said that they were on track for September? Haha. I understand how these things go, so it's no big deal. But man, I hope for their sake glaring bugs and balance issues won't be present at release. I could see some folks flipping their lid, lmao.

I also can't help but wonder if bugs and balancing are excuses but there's another reason for it... :pie_thinking:
They are trying to cover up something.

Two delays now and they were so confident of a September release. They said that shit in a financial conference which is totally different from a game press event. Lying to investers or saying anything to boost finances is highly illegal.

Either they have just been lying to their customers and fans all along or they are incompetent.... or maybe both.

Something stinks with them. They are losing my trust. Not sure I want to support this shit.

Mr.ODST

Didnt they say the game was struggling on current gen systems, either they had to do a lot of optimisation or they might aswell just release it next gen only its current gen that is causing issues

Oh dang. Calling it now. November 19th is the laugh of the xsx. Marketing partnership to promote Cyberpunk and the xsx.

7292nH1.png

Jason apparently now doesn't know the difference between native support and BC.

And this ladies and gentleman is what we call a "games journalist". What a moron lol.

Last edited:

AGRacing

If you can't stick with a date - don't give a date. A lesson that should have been learned after the first delay. There is nothing in this industry that makes me shake my head more than this crap.

As for the new date ... if it holds... it's absolutely fine with me. I didn't want to play this on a " last gen " console anyway - so what this has probably done is move my purchase from the PC platform to the PS5.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Been waiting since 2012... what's a few more months?
Oh shut up with that crap. I'm sure nobody really cares about another 2 months wait.

If they got Keanu out on stage and told us it was October then fine but they told us April, then September, and now October.

If they delay it to March then who cares right? It's only another few months!

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Oh dang. Calling it now. November 19th is the laugh of the xsx. Marketing partnership to promote Cyberpunk and the xsx.

And this ladies and gentleman is what we call a "games journalist". What a moron lol.

Technically he left the games industry, so I guess now he doesn't have to pretend to know stuff he claimed to understand before.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member

“In terms of Microsoft’s console, we have officially confirmed both the update and the cross-gen availability, meaning that you’ll be able to play the game from the get-go on the next-gen. However, when it comes to a proper, full-blown next-gen version, that’s going to come later, we haven’t announced when and I don’t have a new comment here on that,”

MiguelItUp

Gold Member

Two delays now and they were so confident of a September release. They said that shit in a financial conference which is totally different from a game press event. Lying to investers or saying anything to boost finances is highly illegal.

Either they have just been lying to their customers and fans all along or they are incompetent.... or maybe both.

Something stinks with them. They are losing my trust. Not sure I want to support this shit.
Exactly!

Yeah, honestly, when they got together as a team and decided the September release would work they took EVERYTHING into consideration. That's what a team does. They talk about NEEDS to get done before or in an effort to go gold, and then go with what they feel is most feasible for the entire team. To move forward with that and then delay AGAIN while blaming bugs and balance just seems bizarre....

I just wonder what THE thing is... Maybe it has something with the Stadia release? Next-gen? Something to do with politics? Who knows?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I think its fair to say that something is wrong but the question is what exactly. Things can break in unexpected ways and its possible during the last run of optimization they ran into something much bigger than they antcipated. Or like you said it could be something much bigger they knew was wrong but thought they would be able to cover it up or fix it but now can't in a timely manner.

Time will tell.

Life

Exactly!

Yeah, honestly, when they got together as a team and decided the September release would work they took EVERYTHING into consideration. That's what a team does. They talk about NEEDS to get done before or in an effort to go gold, and then go with what they feel is most feasible for the entire team. To move forward with that and then delay AGAIN while blaming bugs and balance just seems bizarre....

I just wonder what THE thing is... Maybe it has something with the Stadia release? Next-gen? Something to do with politics? Who knows?

Why are you encouraging such suspicion and toxicity man? The dude is accusing the company of lying/cover-up conspiracy with literally no evidence. This game is fucking huge. If anything, they're telling you we're not all about the money - but we actually want this game to be playable like we imagined.

Arun1910

Clearly wanting to cash in on next gen.

I can't believe these guys are THAT bad with deadlines. Wasn't the first delay to fix bugs? I remember them saying back then the game was finished and they're just repeating what they said again.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Exactly!

I wonder what other massive unforeseen event this year has made timelines unstable? 🤔

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I felt this coming ever since the current events and the interview recently saying, "we are considering adding multi branching quests" (paraphrasing). Seems odd if something like that is mentioned now and not already implemented. Wouldn't you have to have that as your core game design so it does not feel tacked on and shallow?

killatopak

Gold Member
So did they move the release date of the XBX CP2077 edition as well?

Cause I’m sure as hell I won‘t buy one near next gen launch.

Ristifer

Oh shut up with that crap. I'm sure nobody really cares about another 2 months wait.

If they got Keanu out on stage and told us it was October then fine but they told us April, then September, and now October.

If they delay it to March then who cares right? It's only another few months!
Show everyone where CDPR touched you inappropriately.

Some of these reactions are hilarious, tinfoil hat-type shit. Take a nap or something. Clear your heads.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Why are you encouraging such suspicion and toxicity man? The dude is accusing the company of lying/cover-up conspiracy with literally no evidence. This game is fucking huge. If anything, they're telling you we're not all about the money - but we actually want this game to be playable like we imagined.
It's an opinion dude, chill. Not saying it's TRUE, just can't help but question things, nothing toxic about that, lmao.

I wonder what other massive unforeseen event this year has made timelines unstable? 🤔
Covid-19 existed before the September delay, so that was already taken into consideration. Sure, mistakes could always be made, just figured if that was the case it would've been tweaked sooner.

Am I disappointed? Ever so slightly! Still want the game bad and respect CDPR.

Last edited:

Arun1910

Thing is, when the last delay happened they said the game was done and they'd be bug fixing til September.

They've repeated the same thing by saying once again, game is done, they're focusing on bugs.

How many bugs can you have?

I seriously doubt working from home has affected bug fixing THAT much.

Unless... it isn't just bug fixing...

hemo memo

Gold Member
Clearly wanting to cash in on next gen.

I can't believe these guys are THAT bad with deadlines. Wasn't the first delay to fix bugs? I remember them saying back then the game was finished and they're just repeating what they said again.

The game is done. Previews on the 25th. It’s something related to next-gen optimization I bet.

This is not Bethesda. CDPR actually care about quality. I want to them to take as much time as they want and it’s better to play on the next gen consoles anyway.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised. Was expecting another delay. Hoping the next gen updates will be ready by then since im not playing the game until I get the next gen version.

Top Bottom