• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 (anime) Preview Trailer [DR1+2 SPOILERS]

FluxWaveZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AaOjY0cBzg

The full preview trailer for both volumes of Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy. Volume 1, "Future," will follow Makoto Naegi and Future Foundation and it will air on July 11. Volume 2, "Despair," will follow the Danganronpa 2 crew while they attended Hope's Peak Academy, before the events of DR2.

SPOILERS

The first look at
the DR2 crew in their "despair" bodies
6UcdbdX.jpg
Also,
Chiaki
is in the "Despair" arc, for some reason.

GoldStarz

Looks pretty alright, the budget seems just on point. Crunchyroll got this, right?

Funi has it, sadly.

I'll ask again... where's Byakuya
Appearing later probably. He was a main character in DR1, appeared at the beginning (not really but you didn't know that at the time) and end of DR2, had a major role in DRAE, and has his own light novel series, he can stay to the sidelines for a bit, Hiro has had a small post-game light novel and Aoi has had NOTHING since DR1

FluxWaveZ

They don't look as despaired as I had expected. Of course, we can only see their faces in this picture. I do dig Gundham's design, though.

They look alright to me. Seeing that is like looking at a character select screen for a fighting game.

i want despair sonia to step on me. thats all

im making the future/despair arc ot, itll just be the one OT.

I'm not going to go into huge detail about 30+ characters because everyone who enters the thread should be up to par.

I need a name though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Does Hiyoko look... mature? o_O

Yes.

Major DR2 spoilers

The Hiyoko in the simulation was the Hiyoko they met before they all became Ultimate Despair, which I assume would have been around the time they were seniors in HS. You can see a picture of an older Hiyoko later on in the game (I don't remember what chapter}

mrmickfran

In her despair form yeah, remember that pic is probably from after her growth spurt.
That was explained near the end of DR2 wasn't it? My memory is a little foggy :S

EDIT:

Yes.

Major DR2 spoilers

The Hiyoko in the simulation was the Hiyoko they met before they all became Ultimate Despair, which I assume would have been around the time they were seniors in HS. You can see a picture of an older Hiyoko later on in the game (I don't remember what chapter}

I thought so.

Torokil

So correct me if I'm wrong, but this anime is basically closing out the current series, and the next DR game is basically a series reboot?

Rich!

Yesssss. NEKOMARU NIDDAAAAAIIIIIIIII

How do I watch this then? I'm in the UK, and I don't want to watch it dubbed (subs, please).

Also, it looks like DR2 SPOILERS

ultimate despair imposter is already in Byakuya mode! And...chiaki?!

FluxWaveZ

So correct me if I'm wrong, but this anime is basically closing out the current series, and the next DR game is basically a series reboot?

Yes, hence the title. This is the end of the Hope's Peak Academy arc, and V3 will be the start of a new story.

TP

New story not a reboot

I still don't believe this is the last we'll see of these characters

GoldStarz

Assuming Kodaka isn't lying through his teeth, then yes. DanganRonpa 3 will end the Hope's Peak arc and New DanganRonpa 3 will be unrelated to the past game other than Monokuma (and maybe Monomi).

New story not a reboot

I still don't believe this is the last we'll see of these characters
Was outright said Monokuma would be the only one returning. This is the end
of Hope's Peak
, friend.

Fuuuck I really wish this was a game in that case. Oh well.
To be fair, Kodaka basically said that the reason this anime exists is so that the fans would have a nice end to the arc (tl: if the anime didn't exist, drae would've ended it).

Permanently A

Holy shit get the hell out of this thread and play it

The game has already been absolutely 100% ruined for you in the first post. Every single twist is fucked for you now. Not exaggerating.

Well, not EVERYTHING.
Hopeman's ruse cruise and AI Junko are still intact.

So about what they did as they fell into despair....
Didn't one of them starve themselves?
Because they look the same here.

Viridian6

So Yakuza kid lost his eye in real life as well?

I'd rather the first DR3 anime been the third game, they've even got a new school and filled up the ranks.

Permanently A

So Yakuza kid lost his eye in real life as well?

I'd rather the first DR3 anime been the third game, they've even got a new school and filled up the ranks.

The Yakuza kid was the one that
gouged his eye out and replaced it with one of Junko's, like how Nagito cut off his hand and replaced it with her's.

that gymnast girl(forgot her name) doesn't look like she starved herself to skin in bones in that despair pic. Well i guess it's probably before Junko died.

Holy shit,
a wild Chiaki appears. Assuming her trailer scenes are from the IRL setting, it never occurred to me that her AI might've been based on a real person. Though knowing the fate of her classmates, it's difficult to imagine that she'll be walking out of this unscathed.

Top Bottom