• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 (anime) Preview Trailer [DR1+2 SPOILERS]

GoldStarz

Impy?

Also who
took what from Junko? Nagito to her arm/hand, Fuyuhiko took her eye?

Impy is short for
Ultimate Impostor

Also, we don't know who got who. We can probably guess that
Mikan either fucked her corpse or took her uterus. Depending on what meaning you get, since both translations are technically correct.

GoldStarz

Reading Togami, this seems set extremely early chronology-wise, is this before either of the Tragedies?

It's believed to take place at the start of The Tragedy, but the book is such a mind screw it's hard to pin down what's real, fake, right, or wrong in the book.

It's believed to take place at the start of The Tragedy, but the book is such a mind screw it's hard to pin down what's real, fake, right, or wrong in the book.

But it features non-Ultimate Despair Sonia, so doesn't that mean it'd be before the tragedy, right?

I'm not really sure what to make of Kodaka's style in these books. Obviously some of it is lost in translation, but it often strikes me as trying to be a bit too twee with its references, metaphors, and meta-humor.

GoldStarz

But it features non-Ultimate Despair Sonia, so doesn't that mean it'd be before the tragedy, right?

I'm not really sure what to make of Kodaka's style in these books. Obviously some of it is lost in translation, but it often strikes me as trying to be a bit too twee with its references, metaphors, and meta-humor.

Some people think she's Despair!Sonia acting as normal Sonia. Honestly, there's a lot of weirdness going on in the book. Keep reading and you'll see.

Kodaka didn't write DRT or DRK, actually. DanganRonpa /Zero and DanganRonpa Gaiden are the only non-game stuff that he's written before DR3

Some people think she's Despair!Sonia acting as normal Sonia. Honestly, there's a lot of weirdness going on in the book. Keep reading and you'll see.

Kodaka didn't write DRT or DRK, actually. DanganRonpa /Zero and DanganRonpa Gaiden are the only non-game stuff that he's written before DR3

Is Gaiden IF? Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about. Does he sign off on the 'canonicity' of these things?

Also I dunno what to make of the fact that there's a group called the 'Council of Global Controllers.' I got from DR2 the idea that society's 'hope' can turn rancid when it's a system that's imposed upon people, but this sounds like another level of draconian/authoritarian.

GoldStarz

Is Gaiden IF? Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about. Does he sign off on the 'canonicity' of these things?

Also I dunno what to make of the fact that there's a group called the 'Council of Global Controllers.' I got from DR2 the idea that society's 'hope' can turn rancid when it's a system that's imposed upon people, but this sounds like another level of draconian/authoritarian.

Gaiden is also known as DanganRonpa Killer Killer. It's a manga about a subdivision of the Future Foundation that handles that investiagation of bizarre crimes.
The main character is Kira Kira/Killer Killer/Sparkling Justice, the serial killer mentioned in DR2.

The Council was actually mentioned in DR1, just not under that name.

Finally to answer you canon question it's basically a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Like DanganRonpa Kirigiri takes place in Kyoko's past so it has like no influence on anything (it was actually referenced in one of DRAE's Target List card), but DanganRonpa Togami takes place in the heat of things, so the canonicity of that is a bit of a hot-button issue right there.

Gaiden is also known as DanganRonpa Killer Killer. It's a manga about a subdivision of the Future Foundation that handles that investiagation of bizarre crimes.
The main character is Kira Kira/Killer Killer/Sparkling Justice, the serial killer mentioned in DR2.

The Council was actually mentioned in DR1, just not under that name.

Finally to answer you canon question it's basically a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Like DanganRonpa Kirigiri takes place in Kyoko's past so it has like no influence on anything (it was actually referenced in one of DRAE's Target List card), but DanganRonpa Togami takes place in the heat of things, so the canonicity of that is a bit of a hot-button issue right there.

Ah, I'll have to check that out, then. Is Hagakure worth checking out?

Does this book, or DR1 for that matter, go into any detail about what they actually are?

Also weird as it is to say, this story is giving me Hideo Kojima vibes, in that it seems like part of it is the author showing off how much they know about the world. I do think it's interesting that this is set in actual Europe and referencing actual things, when you know it still has people like Sonia who is a princess of a fictional country. Though I guess stuff like that isn't too uncommon.

GoldStarz

Ah, I'll have to check that out, then. Is Hagakure worth checking out?
It's been a while since I've read, I remember Hiro gets a bit of development and it introduces Kanon, Leon's cousin, as a character and it basically ends with her running off and saying she wants the Future Foundation (sans Hiro bc they bonded) dead because Leon died, but I don't think she's that big a threat and idk if Hiro's development will stick.

Does this book, or DR1 for that matter, go into any detail about what they actually are?
Basically they're just a group that influences the world and has access to top secret info iirc. I don't think they go too much into it (i've only read the summaries and first chapter of DRT though)

It's been a while since I've read, I remember Hiro gets a bit of development and it introduces Kanon, Leon's cousin, as a character and it basically ends with her running off and saying she wants the Future Foundation (sans Hiro bc they bonded) dead because Leon died, but I don't think she's that big a threat and idk if Hiro's development will stick.

No, it ended with Kanon and Hiro walking back to Towa City, and Kanon reconsidering her hatred toward FF. She wondered if more of them were like Hiro and she wanted to at least hear them out and give them a chance. They were going to part ways, but Hiro decides to stick with her so she can defend him (and so he can reclaim his debt that he tricked/forced her into taking on).

I doubt it will amount to much in the anime, aside from maybe a very small reference or throwaway line.

Ah read a bit more about the Council, seems like its a more benign version of the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Illuminati; a somewhat informal cabal of members of the ruling classes of the world who meet in times of crisis. Maybe the term 'Controllers' is less sinister/oppressive in the original Japanese.

Watched the first episode of Future, is it bad I started laughing out loud when
it was revealed Chisa was impaled in the chandelier? Like maaaan, Sayaka was at least around for a couple hours of game time before they killed her off.

Top Bottom