• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 (anime) Preview Trailer [DR1+2 SPOILERS]

Rich!

Yeah I can't imagine whoever this person is to live long lol.

unless...

UjIoZD8l.jpg

gotta be a reason she has no VA and the lower half of her face is covered...

Kazuichi not looking like a wimp for once.

Considering Gundham
beats Mechamaru, I think he will be quite strong physically during his despair mode.

Let J
unk
o rest please.

Reeeeally not sold on Chiaki suddenly being a real person. I could appreciate her in DR2 as far as she reflected back on Chihiro as a creation of his, but now that she's apparently exactly based upon a real student... yeah idk. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see how it pans out, but my expectations now are that the extent of her contribution will be to be nice and encouraging to everyone, and then to die somehow and serve as a contributing factor for the class to fall into despair.

Pretty much my thoughts and prediction on everything with Chiaki. She was one of my favorites in DR2, and yet I can't really say I'm happy to see her here. I'm willing to reserve judgment until we actually see this all play out, but right now I'm not too enthused.

Oh, HE will survive but my man
hagakure may not...I feel he will be the first murder that kicks the final killing game off. Please no

Based off of the original teaser image we saw, I'm willing to bet
Hiro
is the first to go. It would be a good way to kick things off, and give us a little bit more of a chance to meet the other people before some of them die.

Permanently A

Oh, HE will survive but my man
hagakure may not...I feel he will be the first murder that kicks the final killing game off. Please no

Also, new monokuma VA sounds as good as I could have hoped. JP VA still winning.

Weedman can't die, he will reveal his talent was actually 100% future vision which he used to avoid death and become the new mastermind.

The only time that I'll ever be disappointed with Funimation.

Funimation's video quality is horrible so I'm always disappointed with them.

It'll be nice to see more of the DR2 crew but I'm worried for both of the anime. They are being handled by the same people as the original DR anime which was bad. Between that and the recent Ace Attorney anime, video game adaptations aren't in a good spot, but hey maybe this won't be terrible. I'm worried about Chiaki being back and how they will handle that but always looking forward to more Sonia.

GoldStarz

The other, more out there theory is that the mute girl in the future side with her lower face covered is....chiaki who somehow didn't die at all. The eyes look similar....and there's a reason they haven't announced her VA yet....but she could easily also be Monaca.[/spoiler]
There's also the head of the Future Foundation's 13th Branch who is mysteriously absent and Aoi is subbing for.

Also,
if the despair version of Ultimate Imposter is already in his Byakuya disguise, doesn't that mean Byakuya's VA is back? Has that been listed anywhere?
That's just a picture of him from the NWP, a nice touch that they don't have an actual picture of him, though.

My one hope for the anime:
I want it to reveal that Nagito is more than just someone who saw an opportunity for hope to spring forth from despair. I want it to turn out that he was instrumental in creating the opportunity for Junko to initiate the killing game, just so that he could go on to kill her and become hope, just like he's doing now (or then, anyway) with Monaca. For me, Nagito is one of my favorite characters because there's so many weird layers to him, and I just want them to reveal him as the ultimate chessmaster of the series - the Bigger Bad - and give us a strong setup for his resentment for Makoto, who ultimately was the one who stole his opportunity to become the Ultimate Hope.
I mean
DR0 reveals that it was more or less Hope's Peak themselves who put everyone into this mess by treating a large portion (Reserve Course) of their student body like secondhand students, doing the IKP in the first place, and then going on to cover up MULTIPLE murders to protect themselves and their research. Not much room for Nagito in that picture. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined Ultimate Despair of his own volition though considering how he thinks hope will always win out and that a bigger despair makes a bigger hope.

Also yeah, I wish that they tried harder to be interesting with the despair designs. Like, none of the characters reflect the Remnant of Despair who starved themselves. Instead of doing that, they just did evil DBZ characters.

Why do you think Despair Tanaka exists in the first place? :p
Only one member did that (likely Akane) and it's possible that they stopped their fasting a short time before the plan began.

I'm really interested in seeing how they'll
force Junko once again into the plot -_-
I mean Junko has the perfect entrance in Despair Arc since she is not-dead and her boyfriend goes to school there and in the next year she will go to school there.

That doesn't look very good. I really hope it's not required to understand the story of V3.
V3 is supposed to be entirely unrelated to anything that's come before it.

For real. I generally really like funimation's dubs (though Aniplex's have been kinda better lately), but Funi's dub pales in comparison to NISA's.
At the very least there's a better chance they'll get the cast to return for DR3 since DR1 was being dubbed at the same time as the game.

Oh man, I can't believe
Chiaki
is going to be there. I have to assume
that we'll find out the Chiaki in DR2 was an AI based on the actual person in this anime. I'm crossing all my fingers that she'll return in Future, it wasn't fair that her and Monomi ended up being the only two dead :(

h0tp0ck3t

Oh man, I can't believe
Chiaki
is going to be there. I have to assume
that we'll find out the Chiaki in DR2 was an AI based on the actual person in this anime. I'm crossing all my fingers that she'll return in Future, it wasn't fair that her and Monomi ended up being the only two dead :(

Random theory I just thought of, DR2 spoilers
What if it turns out Chiaki really was Ultimate Despair and, just like where she was the traitor in the neo world program, betrays them and sold them all out to Future Foundation. Only not realizing they wanted to be there in the first place

This reminds me I still haven't played Ultra Despair Girls.

I'll still probably watch this.

I'm in the same boat. I started playing DR with the PC ports and was hoping UDG would come out before DR3 but there is no word of it. I've heard a lot of bad things but I was going to play it anyway for the story.

This reminds me I still haven't played Ultra Despair Girls.

I'll still probably watch this.

I'm in the same boat. I started playing DR with the PC ports and was hoping UDG would come out before DR3 but there is no word of it. I've heard a lot of bad things but I was going to play it anyway for the story.

I lot of people shit on UDG around here, but I really enjoyed it. Pretty solid gameplay and story. It's definitely not GOTY material or anything, but worth a playthrough as a DR fan.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
The openings are going to be awesome. Despair Arc will probably look twisted.

I lot of people shit on UDG around here, but I really enjoyed it. Pretty solid gameplay and story. It's definitely not GOTY material or anything, but worth a playthrough as a DR fan.

If your a fan defiantly play it. It makes Toko a lot more likeable and Komaru is a well developed character. Thought it was a solid game that expanded the universe.

Nightbird

My one hope for the anime:
I want it to reveal that Nagito is more than just someone who saw an opportunity for hope to spring forth from despair. I want it to turn out that he was instrumental in creating the opportunity for Junko to initiate the killing game, just so that he could go on to kill her and become hope, just like he's doing now (or then, anyway) with Monaca. For me, Nagito is one of my favorite characters because there's so many weird layers to him, and I just want them to reveal him as the ultimate chessmaster of the series - the Bigger Bad - and give us a strong setup for his resentment for Makoto, who ultimately was the one who stole his opportunity to become the Ultimate Hope.

I want this

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I'm curious as to what they are doing with Monaca. They set her up as the next Junko, so V3 antagonist or in the anime finale? I've seen nothing on her. Also what happened to Komaru and Touko? They going to wrap that up in the anime?

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems for NA its coming to Funimation and the only way is to watch on their website? Possibly via livestream only? I think it crashes on my browser so I don't think I can watch it. :(

Funimation does seem to have lots of series on YouTube so I guess it would come there at some time? Does anyone know how long it takes? Or if its not coming to YouTube how long it'll take for Bluray/itunes/etc? Just would like to know since their site doesn't work for me. There are a few different devices I can try but don't think I can get it to work.

GoldStarz

I'm curious as to what they are doing with Monaca. They set her up as the next Junko, so V3 antagonist or in the anime finale? I've seen nothing on her. Also what happened to Komaru and Touko? They going to wrap that up in the anime?

A lot of people think that
___Miaya______
is Monaca/
__Monaca's mom__

idk how likely it is, but they're pretty obvious they're setting her up as a person of interest/suspicion

I would not even be mad if
Junko
showed back up.

She's one of my favorite characters in anything ever. Even if it destroys any form of sense that exists.

Alfredo

I am a thousand times more interested in the "despair" arc than the other one, even if
Chiaki
is somehow in there.

I still hope this eventually gets an English dub from the original video game voice actors.

Now I'm down to see Ryoko and Matsuda again, really liked their interactions.

Fuck (dr1, dr2)
Junko, though. I hate her character to be perfectly honest, she fucked up a perfectly good mystery and single-handedly ruined the whole Danganronpa lore. Looking so forward to V3. Hope that the "fuck you, I have a deus ex machina in my pocket and it's called 'future'" bullshit they pulled at the end of SDR2 is explained or is revealed to not have worked (though the SDR2 epilogue implies that at least the survivors made it out just fine).
That character' s appearance is practically inevitable I guess, though. Sigh

Now I'm down to see Ryoko and Matsuda again, really liked their interactions.

Fuck (dr1, dr2)
Junko, though. I hate her character to be perfectly honest, she fucked up a perfectly good mystery and single-handedly ruined the whole Danganronpa lore. Looking so forward to V3. Hope that the "fuck you, I have a deus ex machina in my pocket and it's called 'future'" bullshit they pulled at the end of SDR2 is explained or is revealed to not have worked (though the SDR2 epilogue implies that at least the survivors made it out just fine).
That character' s appearance is practically inevitable I guess, though. Sigh

I really liked the ending to DR2.
Shooting THE FUTURE and the resolution were very exciting and I liked the whole situation that is presented at the end with the remaining characters having to choose to come back and the ramifications of it. While I didn't like Giant Junko, everything else about the resolution was great.

All of that said, I really want DRV3 to be completely new outside of Monokuma. The DR1 and 2 crews had their time and I want a story that is detached from them but carries the same spirit.

I really liked the ending to DR2.
Shooting THE FUTURE and the resolution were very exciting and I liked the whole situation that is presented at the end with the remaining characters having to choose to come back and the ramifications of it. While I didn't like Giant Junko, everything else about the resolution was great.

All of that said, I really want DRV3 to be completely new outside of Monokuma. The DR1 and 2 crews had their time and I want a story that is detached from them but carries the same spirit.

I would agree that they managed to hype it up very well, but from a narrative standpoint it is still shit. Hinata and the crew wanted to eat their cake and have it still... And succeeded. Junko presenting two bad ending options and that being all would be shit as well, they wrote themselves into a corner with that whole deal, but that doesn't change that the deus ex machina killed most if not all of my emotional investment in the series' meta-universe.

Top Bottom