• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 (anime) Preview Trailer [DR1+2 SPOILERS]

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I don't want to watch Despair side. It's going to destroy my heart :'(

I'm a big fan though. I need to see the whole story.

Rich!

Holy shit,
a wild Chiaki appears. Assuming her trailer scenes are from the IRL setting, it never occurred to me that her AI might've been based on a real person. Though knowing the fate of her classmates, it's difficult to imagine that she'll be walking out of this unscathed.

My theories

Meets Chihiro. Helps design the world of the Neo World Program with her game experience. Killed in Hopes Peak Tragedy by...Izuru.

Hajime killed the person who later saved his life

The other, more out there theory is that the mute girl in the future side with her lower face covered is....chiaki who somehow didn't die at all. The eyes look similar....and there's a reason they haven't announced her VA yet....but she could easily also be Monaca.

NullMoon

Neo Member
Awesome, awesome to the max. Although I have dread welling up inside me. This anime is supposes to close up the arc of the original surviors of Hope's Peek Academy from Danganronpa? Volume One is it a new killing game involving members of Future Foundation too? If so is it safe to say that it's fair game and that some of the original six survivors might die. If so...I...I just can't. If my boy
Makoto
dies I'll be devastated.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Awesome, awesome to the max. Although I have dread welling up inside me. This anime is supposes to close up the arc of the original surviors of Hope's Peek Academy from Danganronpa? Volume One is it a new killing game involving members of Future Foundation too? If so is it safe to say that it's fair game and the some of the original six survivors might die. If so...I...I just can't. If my boy
Makoto
dies I'll be devastated.
No way. They will all make it out. This series is going to have a happy ending. He'll make it out! Otherwise I'm going to cry if any of them die. If any have to just take out Hina.

Rich!

No way. They will all make it out. This series is going to have a happy ending. He'll make it out! Otherwise I'm going to cry if any of them die. If any have to just take out Hina.

Oh, HE will survive but my man
hagakure may not...I feel he will be the first murder that kicks the final killing game off. Please no

Also, new monokuma VA sounds as good as I could have hoped. JP VA still winning.

Rich!

I want death. I want tragedy.

I WANT DESPAIR.

And that despair can be used as a stepping stone to true hope that shines eternal!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Permanently A

My theories

Meets Chihiro. Helps design the world of the Neo World Program with her game experience. Killed in Hopes Peak Tragedy by...Izuru.

Hajime killed the person who later saved his life

The other, more out there theory is that the mute girl in the future side with her lower face covered is....chiaki who somehow didn't die at all. The eyes look similar....and there's a reason they haven't announced her VA yet....but she could easily also be Monaca.

Definitely agree with
Hajime brutally killing Chiaki.
Maximum despair.

Sölf;209271748 said:
Only DR 1+2 or also UDG spoiler?

Possibly UDG because Nagito
is wearing his UDG outfit
and Future arc is after UDG in the timeline.

Rich!

Definitely agree with
Hajime brutally killing Chiaki.
Maximum despair.

Yeah, that's basically why they brought her back.

Typical danganronpa

Also,
if the despair version of Ultimate Imposter is already in his Byakuya disguise, doesn't that mean Byakuya's VA is back? Has that been listed anywhere?

Although I'm still slightly disappointed it's concluding with an anime, I'm otherwise really hyped for this. Can't wait to see what they've got in store, especially the future foundation arc!

Rich!

Although I'm still slightly disappointed it's concluding with an anime, I'm otherwise really hyped for this. Can't wait to see what they've got in store, especially the future foundation arc!

I'm glad, really. Another game with the hopes peak crew would have been pushing it.

V3 will be a fresh start, and will offer the same full sense of mystery that DR1 did on my first play through.

Nothing to say Nagito and co can't come back though...

My one hope for the anime:
I want it to reveal that Nagito is more than just someone who saw an opportunity for hope to spring forth from despair. I want it to turn out that he was instrumental in creating the opportunity for Junko to initiate the killing game, just so that he could go on to kill her and become hope, just like he's doing now (or then, anyway) with Monaca. For me, Nagito is one of my favorite characters because there's so many weird layers to him, and I just want them to reveal him as the ultimate chessmaster of the series - the Bigger Bad - and give us a strong setup for his resentment for Makoto, who ultimately was the one who stole his opportunity to become the Ultimate Hope.

Permanently A

I want it to reveal that Nagito is more than just someone who saw an opportunity for hope to spring forth from despair. I want it to turn out that he was instrumental in creating the opportunity for Junko to initiate the killing game, just so that he could go on to kill her and become hope, just like he's doing now (or then, anyway) with Monaca. For me, Nagito is one of my favorite characters because there's so many weird layers to him, and I just want them to reveal him as the ultimate chessmaster of the series - the Bigger Bad - and give us a strong setup for his resentment for Makoto, who ultimately was the one who stole his opportunity to become the Ultimate Hope.

Jesus, imagine if Future arc's mastermind ends up being Nagito.

Rich!

Yesssss

Yesssssssss

I'm excited, but admittedly also disappointed a lot of the 'Despair' variations of the DR2 cast amount to 'their pupils glow red now I guess'.

Rich!

Despair
Tanaka is going to be a treat.

I want to see what shit the four dark devas can really do

Kaizuichi gunning down people, teruteru cooking people, etc and there's gundham making his hamsters nibble on people's ankles

I think that my desire is absolutely going to see me filled with disappointment, because in my experience, story predictions just end up falling flat. :p

Also yeah, I wish that they tried harder to be interesting with the despair designs. Like, none of the characters reflect the Remnant of Despair who starved themselves. Instead of doing that, they just did evil DBZ characters.

I want to see what shit the four dark devas can really do

Kaizuichi gunning down people, teruteru cooking people, etc and there's gundham making his hamsters nibble on people's ankles

Why do you think Despair Tanaka exists in the first place? :p

Did people ever work out which character was being alluded to during DR2's ending where
one of them fucked Junko's corpse?

Rich!

Did people ever work out which character was being alluded to during DR2's ending where
one of them fucked Junko's corpse?

Could have been teruteru?

Edit: ah, no. Mikan.

The ones we do know about simply because of foreshadowing and because the sihloettes match up are:

Akane - Starvation
Kaizuichi - Gunning down people
Kyzuryu - replacing his eye

I would say the parents being given to Junko could be either teruteru or Sonia.

You might wanna wait on a second verification on that, it could have just been some bullshit someone fed me. :p

The ones we do know about simply because of foreshadowing and because the sihloettes match up are:

Akane - Starvation

I think that the parents thing is probably Sonia, just because it's implied that Teruteru doesn't have a father since she's all alone without him.

Permanently A

Akane - Starvation

I think its Sonia because
royal family + the scenario was describing all the people who were still alive. Same reason why I think Hajime is the necrophiliac.

Sölf

I watched the trailer. And Kugimiya as being the black guy is so damn hilarious. xD

Man, I still need to play Another Episode (aside from the very first hour). I will probably wait with this show. Then again, being able to marathong the whole thing might be a good idea. My heart won't be able to endure those twists for weeks.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
IIRC, that's only in the dub. It's implied that Mikan surgically implanted Junko's womb into her.

Where's that from? I just completed it on the pc, they said somebody
screwed with junko's corpse
(both in voice and text)

Where's that from? I just completed it on the pc, they said somebody
screwed with junko's corpse
(both in voice and text)

Was that the English or Japanese dub? As I noted above, this could just be some wacky urban legend, but allegedly the Japanese version has this difference.

Rich!

You might wanna wait on a second verification on that, it could have just been some bullshit someone fed me. :p

I think that the parents thing is probably Sonia, just because it's implied that Teruteru doesn't have a father since she's all alone without him.

Then teruteru
killed and cooked people in his restaurant. Damn son
I would guess that Mioda helped bring along
the mass suicide, potentially through her music.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Was that the English or Japanese dub? As I noted above, this could just be some wacky urban legend, but allegedly the Japanese version has this difference.

Both in English dub and English sub. i guess they changed this bit here

Yes please

Oh shit
Chiaki? Oh god she is going to get murdered so badly. There is no way this anime ends with her alive, no fucking way they just want to pull those heartstrings one more time.

Sölf

Plottwist:
Chiaki is actually the ultimate Mastermind and the real villain. Because fuck you, that's why.

Glad it seems like they're delivering on the fanservice already, people have been speculating about how the DR2 characters would look as Ultimate Despair for years now, lol. Hopefully the anime ends up doing a satisfying job of tying up the Hope's Peak plotline but I'm not super optimistic atm. We'll see, should be fun at least.

Reeeeally not sold on Chiaki suddenly being a real person. I could appreciate her in DR2 as far as she reflected back on Chihiro as a creation of his, but now that she's apparently exactly based upon a real student... yeah idk. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see how it pans out, but my expectations now are that the extent of her contribution will be to be nice and encouraging to everyone, and then to die somehow and serve as a contributing factor for the class to fall into despair.

Well, it certainly looks better than the DR1 anime. I just wonder if Kodaka can adapt his writing style to fit a 12 episode anime series. I dont think it was a natural fit for rhe TPS they tried to do.

zelhawks37

Cant freaking wait! In regards to
Junko, Im almost certain she will come back for one last showdown, whether it be through Monaca or a new villain. Im loving that Chiaki is back, although knowing this series, she will die at the hands of Hajime and it will suck. :(

Meia

No other way to put this than to spoiler the whole thing probably, so here goes(pertaining to someone in the DR2 side).

Chiaki being there is exceptionally interesting. Danganronpa as a series LOVES it's twists, and this isn't an anime based on anything, this is something completely new. In going with this, I expect twists in this. In lieu of this, have my insane theory: The DR2 part of the anime is completely inside a program like the game was, though this one intended to get back all the lost minds or whatever to free them in the real world again. Makes the most sense as to why the hell Chiaki is even there in the first place.

Top Bottom