• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 (anime) Preview Trailer [DR1+2 SPOILERS]

Rich!

Man I fucking love all the Despair design. Despair Hajime Hinata still looks boss as fuck.

Izuru/hajime does look boss as fuck

1a359a92c06ecc1e4ead5b2e74cf13cc8b630ddb_hq.jpg

latest

hohoXD123

Could Chiaki have been modelled on a real person who attended Hope's Peak with the others
?

DR2 spoilers in case someone is for some reason browsing the thread for an anime sequel to a heavily story dependent series without having played them yet.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
i want despair sonia to step on me. thats all

im making the future/despair arc ot, itll just be the one OT.

I'm not going to go into huge detail about 30+ characters because everyone who enters the thread should be up to par.

I need a name though.
Funny I want Despair Hiyoko to whip me.

Simple thread name but the only thing I got is From Despair comes Hope.

GoldStarz

Maybe, but the eyes and hair match Chiaki...not Monaca.

Far and away, she looks way more like Monaca than she does Chiaki, neither her eyes nor her hair match Chiaki, but they're both dead ringers for Monaca.

Man I fucking love all the Despair design. Despair Hajime Hinata still looks boss as fuck.
Hajime as a person is basically dead at this point since his personality and memories were wiped to make him Izuru, but yeah Izuru looks pretty hardcore.

Do we know when we'll get more information on the game?

The DR3 anime is totally unrelated to that, sorry.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
That girl looks too old to be Monaca and I'm pretty sure Monaca can't walk anymore due to the events at the end of the game.

zelhawks37

I would not even be mad if
Junko
showed back up.

She's one of my favorite characters in anything ever. Even if it destroys any form of sense that exists.

You aren't alone.
I wouldnt be surprised at this point if she returns somehow for one final showdown. I almost want her to show up solely for the reactions of people that dont like her. XD

That girl looks too old to be Monaca and I'm pretty sure Monaca can't walk anymore due to the events at the end of the game.

In the ending CG in DRAE it looked like she was standing. Even if she wasn't, Miaya has been depicted as sitting in something that looks like a wheelchair. (edit, for reference see the key visual on the last page.)

Anyway, she would be too old in theory, but there's something up with Miaya. The fact that she has no VA listed is throwing up red flags.

I feel like mystery girl is probably a new character and Monaca will be saved for V3.

Unless Kodaka is outright lying or playing around with words here, this is it for everyone who appeared in the first three games and DR0.

he wants despair sonia to step on him.

I saw the trailer and still dont get it.

Anyway, I am both nervous and excited for this series (which I guess is apt). There are certain characters who, if they die, I will be devastated. It's why its draining playing the games.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical

Anyway, I am both nervous and excited for this series (which I guess is apt). There are certain characters who, if they die, I will be devastated. It's why its draining playing the games.
Sonia is a princess. He wants to be her servant (masochist)

Puruzi

Banned

He literally wants sonia to step on him, that's all.

Blindy

So these are the bodies post DR2? If so, how the heck does Nekomaru become Robo-Nekomaru in real life. How's that even possible? Did his body meta-morph while he was in VR lalaland?

I knew he had magical motivational skills and can take dumps the size of Texas but my god he can change his body configuration too?!?!?

Puruzi

Banned
So these are the bodies post DR2? If so, how the heck does Nekomaru become Robo-Nekomaru in real life. How's that even possible? Did his body meta-morph while he was in VR lalaland?

I knew he had magical motivational skills and can take dumps the size of Texas but my god he can change his body configuration too?!?!?

pre dr2

I don't really get the Junko hate here; I think she's fine for what her role in the story is, and I don't mind her
coming back as an A.I., especially since she gets a more satisfying 'death' this time. Still, it'd be irritating if they went 'Oh ANOTHER Junko A.I. survived.'

I totally ship A.I.!Junko with A.I.!Handsome Jack though.

Permanently A

Yo dang, I just noticed in the official timeline this bit

"A female Hope's Peak student is murdered by someone unaffiliated with the school. The girl who committed the murder also died."

rest in peace
___Chiaki___

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I don't really get the Junko hate here; I think she's fine for what her role in the story is, and I don't mind her
coming back as an A.I., especially since she gets a more satisfying 'death' this time. Still, it'd be irritating if they went 'Oh ANOTHER Junko A.I. survived.'

I totally ship A.I.!Junko with A.I.!Handsome Jack though.
I like her as a villain but hate her as a person (naturally).

Drago

Yo dang, I just noticed in the official timeline this bit

"A female Hope's Peak student is murdered by someone unaffiliated with the school. The girl who committed the murder also died."

rest in peace
___Chiaki___
Pretty sure that's about
the murder of Fuyuhiko's sister and the subsequent killing of her murderer Sato, from case 2 of DR2

Permanently A

That's about the entire Twilight Syndrome thing in Chapter 2 of DR2
. Or at least the official version made public by the Academy.

Pretty sure that's about
the murder of Sato (Fuyuhiko's sister) and the subsequent killing of her murderer, from case 2 of DR2

holy shit I forgot that was a thing that happened

I have to brush up on my lore lol. It was honestly pretty confusing trying to figure out who was who in that case, I remember having a paint chart open trying to connect Girl A, B, C etc to their actual names and getting almost all of them wrong lol

Gurnlei

Pretty sure that's about
the murder of Sato (Fuyuhiko's sister) and the subsequent killing of her murderer, from case 2 of DR2

This is what I was thinking too.

Anyone else get a Clock Tower feeling from that game?

Pretty sure that's about

Sato is Girl E, the murderer, who is later killed by Fuyuhiko. Fuyuhiko's sister is never given a name.

Drago

Sato is Girl E, the murderer, who is later killed by Fuyuhiko. Fuyuhiko's sister is never given a name.

Oh you're right, my bad!

So do we know exactly what the streaming situation is gonna be for this in America yet? I assume I'm gonna have to subscribe to a Funimation service of some kind if I wanna watch this ASAP

Permanently A

That's about the entire Twilight Syndrome thing in Chapter 2 of DR2
. Or at least the official version made public by the Academy.

Pretty sure that's about
the murder of Fuyuhiko's sister and the subsequent killing of her murderer Sato, from case 2 of DR2

Hmm the wiki says
Fuyuhiko's little sister was murdered by a fellow student
while the timeline thing says
the murderer was unaffiliated with the school.

Is it really the same incident?

Top Bottom