• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 (anime) Preview Trailer [DR1+2 SPOILERS]

Oh god

It's THAT room

Best damn room in the game. I lost it when Kill Command started playing.

While she steps on us ;)

GuJacdy.jpg

GoldStarz

Hmm the wiki says
Fuyuhiko's little sister was murdered by a fellow student
while the timeline thing says
the murderer was unaffiliated with the school.

Is it really the same incident?

Prior to the incident, it was reported that a pervert
pedophile
was seen in the area skulking about. Sato made use of this by using a swimsuit filled with rocks as her murder weapon, making everyone assume that Fuyu's Sis had caught the pervert sneaking out with a swimsuit and killed her to shut her up.

That said I don't think it's impossible that it's an entirely different story entirely as this seems to be the only one written in an in-universe fashion and almost everyone's immediate reaction to seeing something like this written in the timeline is "oh it's Twilight Murder Syndrome!" So I'm not taking anything at face value right now.

Ep 1 spoilers
Also, according to my one friend who was at the preview event, neither Sato nor Fuyuhiko's sister were in the episode, although there was more than one class so who can know.

I know what you mean man. It's a tragedy!

Mahiru really got the short end of the stick in DR2. I only got to talk to her once so I don't really know her character that well but I am looking forward to seeing what her Despair counterpart is like. I'm also wondering why Imposter has the night vision goggles in his portrait.

GoldStarz

Mahiru really got the short end of the stick in DR2. I only got to talk to her once so I don't really know her character that well but I am looking forward to seeing what her Despair counterpart is like. I'm also wondering why Imposter has the night vision goggles in his portrait.

They don't have a picture of him. That image is literally from a panel in the 1st Trial's Climax Interference

Permanently A

Yeah I'm looking forwards to Hiyoko and Mahiru's friendship. Too characters killed off too soon. I wonder if Hiyoko is still a bully

Ekid

Just finished Danganronpa 2/Zero/AE/IF in the last three week. I'm ready for the anime :)

I wonder if we will see Fuyuhiko's sister and girl E in this.

Rich!

so excited...so excited! I asked in the DR community thread, but being in the UK, if I sign up to funimation, will I get to watch the series from next week onwards?

and fyi on the topic of DR2....

mahiru and ibuki are best girls

akane is awesome

nekomaru nidai and gundham are best blokes

and nagito komaeda is the GOAT

The first look at
the DR2 crew in their "despair" bodies

Also,
Chiaki
is in the "Despair" arc, for some reason.
Finally :'D Fuyuhiko, Kazuichi, Mikan, Gundham, Sonia and Hiyoko look amazing. Didn't recognize Peko at first lol Mahiru seems as normal as usual :p Izuru and Nagito keep their previous outfits, and I guess they don't currently know who's UI covering as? So much hypeeeeee.

h0tp0ck3t

Spending the whole time since watching the trailer mentally preparing for
Chiaki's inevitable 2nd death. It's not working :(

GoldStarz

So kinda not really spoilers for Side: Despair ep 1 (it's nothing you can't guess by the trailer) below and postulation based off of that

I've mentioned this before but I had a friend who managed to attend the preview event and while I don't know specifics (by choice), I do know that episode 1 of Side: Despair was basically pure fluff and comedy. Anyway, if anyone has read Makoto Naegi's Worst Day, you'd know that even bringing up Komaeda's existence to the Steering Committee is kinda taboo because his luck caused some terrible thing to happen. I'm thinking that we'll get out first bit of tonal shift when that happens in ep 2 or 3.

So kinda not really spoilers for Side: Despair ep 1 (it's nothing you can't guess by the trailer) below and postulation based off of that

I've mentioned this before but I had a friend who managed to attend the preview event and while I don't know specifics (by choice), I do know that episode 1 of Side: Despair was basically pure fluff and comedy. Anyway, if anyone has read Makoto Naegi's Worst Day, you'd know that even bringing up Komaeda's existence to the Steering Committee is kinda taboo because his luck caused some terrible thing to happen. I'm thinking that we'll get out first bit of tonal shift when that happens in ep 2 or 3.

Was the implication that all the shots from the trailer are taken from the first couple episodes? They all seem rather cheerful.

GoldStarz

Was the implication that all the shots from the trailer are taken from the first couple episodes? They all seem rather cheerful.

I'm pretty sure the shots from both are just from the first rather than the first few. I know the shots from the classroom are all in one episode because I accidentally got spoiled on one scene. My friend actually has a summary on their tumblr. You can check it out for yourself, but I want to stay mostly unspoiled.

Also some character info on Jyuzo for those not following Killer Killer:

In the story as part of his disguise to go undercover, Jyuzo had an effigy of Makoto blown up. In the most recent chapter it was revealed that the effigy had to look like him, he literally had it made to look like Makoto out of pure spite.

Rich!

Just a reminder this airs tomorrow, future side, 23:00 JST, 15:00 GMT.

And as I hadn't seen it here before, here's the single artwork for the despair side's ending song, performed by Nagito Komaeda

I've been sitting on DR2 (and DAE) for ages, but knowing that the story is going to be wrapped up in an anime instead of a game - especially since I really didn't like the DR1 anime adaptation - is making it less likely that I'll ever catch up.

Hope impressions are good, I guess.

Permanently A

I've been sitting on DR2 (and DAE) for ages, but knowing that the story is going to be wrapped up in an anime instead of a game - especially since I really didn't like the DR1 anime adaptation - is making it less likely that I'll ever catch up.

Hope impressions are good, I guess.

The DR1 anime was horribly rushed, whereas DR3's story was made with the anime format in mind. I'm really excited. Also DR2 is stupid good. Go play that.

SPOILERS

6UcdbdX.jpg

The first look at
the DR2 crew in their "despair" bodies

Also,
Chiaki
is in the "Despair" arc, for some reason.

Seeing those portraits, it already makes me sad :(

I dont know if I will be able to handle the despair if they go too far.
What if danganronpa 3 finishes in a positive note, nothing more despair for the despair loving guys that a good ending :p

GoldStarz

There are these stills from the trailer, as well:

Unaccounted for here are Akane, Nekomaru, Gundam, Impy, and Izuru (Mikan shows up in an in-between still that flashes super briefly)

Ep 1 spoilers
I know Nekomaru and Gundam have flashback scenes in their despair forms as well, but I don't know about Akane, Impy, or Izuru (i suppose impy's absence makes a bit of sense though)

Unaccounted for here are Akane, Nekomaru, Gundam, Impy, and Izuru (Mikan shows up in an in-between still that flashes super briefly)

Ep 1 spoilers
I know Nekomaru and Gundam have flashback scenes in their despair forms as well, but I don't know about Akane, Impy, or Izuru (i suppose impy's absence makes a bit of sense though)

Impy?

Also who
took what from Junko? Nagito to her arm/hand, Fuyuhiko took her eye?

Top Bottom