• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Anustart

I'm so pumped for ds 3 I almost bought the dlc for ds 2 today. Been away from it too long though and would want to replay the whole game and don't have time for that.

Been playing through DS 1 in prep. Only in Blight town cause I got no time : (

Umbasa

Same here. Killed Taurus, Gargoyles, and Moonlight Butterfly. Sadly I realized I don't really enjoy the early game of DS1. Undead Burg/Parish is probably the second worst starting area imo, only ahead of Forest of Fallen Giants. Darkroot doesn't really have much to it, either :l

After that I played some Demon's, beating 1-1, 1-2, 3-1, 4-1, and most of 2-1. Goddamn, that game still holds up. Level design is unreal, and the bosses are so unique. Easily my second favorite after Bloodborne.

The DS3 thirst is real.

I'm so pumped for ds 3 I almost bought the dlc for ds 2 today. Been away from it too long though and would want to replay the whole game and don't have time for that.
The DLC IS AMAZING. Better then the main game frankly (which I adore) You should give it the proper attention it deserves later.

Mister Wolf

Im glad you guys are playing it early that way I can know the weapon locations, what stats they require, and how soon I can acquire them. Someone tell me where the pike is so I can impale my enemies in two weeks.

Jobbs

Banned
Yoshichan if you're listening, do you have any particular idreas about what type of character you're going to build?

Im glad you guys are playing it early that way I can know the weapon locations, what stats they require, and how soon I can acquire them. Someone tell me where the pike is so I can impale my enemies in two weeks.

3 weeks breh

Resilient

I tested google translate app on some japanese screenshots, I think it'll be perfectly suitable for interpreting most menu option type stuff, but the lore descriptions will probably be a mess a lot of the time

upload pics to the thread of you taking photos of your screen and trying to play

Holy shit. This looks....bad. Like...bad. That's straight up the worst level design in any Souls game. What the fuck is going on?! It's brown repetitive corridors without a speck of personality. What the fuck am I seeing?!

Lol, you have to put it in contrast with other area xD. This is the catacombe, so it fit to look that way.

The other looking dungeon place before ( i think its was the "Red pope boss" ) was like more blue and "église/church" looking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan if you're listening, do you have any particular idreas about what type of character you're going to build?
No idea good sir, only going with deprived and rolling with it!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Lol, you have to put it in contrast with other area xD. This is the catacombe, so it fit to look that way.

The other looking dungeon place before ( i think its was the "Red pope boss" ) was like more blue and "église/church" looking.

Je le sais pas man. Cke je vois c calissement laid et profondement no good cote design.

But yeah I didn't see the rest. This is my first time peeking at a stream and goddamn this is a bad first look. It's like BB's chalices but without the randomness element at play. Just the same textures, corridors and clutter as far as the eye can see. It's like 10 mins later and the corridors still look the same.

Gbraga

I had to click the stream because your comments had me worried, but honestly, this just looks like DS1
Catacombs
. With some asset reuse from Bloodborne, but that's just From Software.

Je le sais pas man. Cke je vois c calissement laid et profondement no good cote design.

But yeah I didn't see the rest. This is my first time peeking at a stream and goddamn this is a bad first look. It's like BB's chalices but without the randomness element at play. Just the same textures, corridors and clutter as far as the eye can see. It's like 10 mins later and the corridors still look the same.

You will hate this level then xD. I watch all the stream possible and it's just toooo good, very varied area!

This area look hard and like a maze. Sen's fortress + catacombe + chalice dungeon.

Jobbs

Banned
No idea good sir, only going with deprived and rolling with it!

What kind of man lives his life that way? Surely there must be some inkling...

For instance, I plan to play faith and str. I may adapt as I go and learn, but.. To have NO plan?

Anustart

For instance, I plan to play faith and str. I may adapt as I go and learn, but.. To have NO plan?

I never have a plan. In fact, I've never even used magic in a souls game. I roll with whatever weapon I find and wing it.

wtf this is literally a chalice dungeon with skeletons from dark souls 1 lol

i hope the man serpent's come back in ds3, if only for their greatsword

edit: and red eyes from demon's....

I had to click the stream because your comments had me worried, but honestly, this just looks like DS1
Catacombs
. With some asset reuse from Bloodborne, but that's just From Software.

I took a peek. That dungeon was very obviously created using whatever tech they used to create the chalice dungeons. Not gonna lie, I'm really disappointed by that.

Ellite25

I usually just go with leveling up stats that help with the items I've found. So if I find a weapon that scales well with dex that I like I'll pour souls into that stat. Then maybe later on in the game I'll start allocating the souls into other stats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Planning is for English playthrough, not this one! I've been writing my final exams for the past two weeks, no time for anything else until tomorrow when I'm turning everything!

Like I said, rolling with it :D

Besides, reallocating is a possibilty! And the first char I create will be one of many... MANY...!

MayMay

Banned
164cdb1019.png

>_> Guess Play-Asia ran out of 5000 Yen codes. Damn it.

How hard would veterans of this tactic say creating a JPN PSN account to play early is?

Anyone play the other Souls games in Japanese? How soon are translations up?

convo

All chalice dungeons needed were more story relevancy throughout and being designed.
Also just because something looks like thing won't make it the thing. From the background sounds it seems like Sen's fortress with skeletons but what do i know?

Hypron

Okay people are starting to spoil stuff without using spoiler tags.

I'm outtttt

See you guys after I finish this game.

Yoshichan

trying to sleep.,, Coughing my ass off,., Can't sleep... feel like dying

SoulUnison

Banned
Literally everything in these games is a spoiler.

That's the whole spirit of the phantom/message system.

People are starting to post item and set spoilers, so I guess it's time to just not look at GAF for several weeks.

Get'sMad

just watched that stream for a moment when he was going through some item screens before turning it off....

kinda disappointed that you can equip 4 rings again like in DS2....wish it was only 2 like in the OG. Being able to equip 4 and the shear amount of rings in DS2 just felt excessive to me.

Yoshichan

You're like me.

Do you have a fever, achy bones, and a cough that makes it feel like your throat is bleeding? :(
Exactly that... will feel like hell when I try and stay up all day to play the game.

My body is burning.

Jobbs

Banned
can anyone explain to me why the characters sometimes (question about something VERY basic)
appear to be burning? is that basically the new version of being in human form or undead form?

Top Bottom