• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Ellite25

To be fair,
it looks like a mix of the Watchdog, Moon Presence, and the Gaping Dragon, but the resemblance is uncanny.

Also, was that Pontiff ring the same one you get from Vordt, or no?

I'm not sure about that. Isn't
the Pontiff ring in this game the one thats supposed to give you health regain ability like BB?

I'm not sure about that. Isn't
the Pontiff ring in this game the one thats supposed to give you health regain ability like BB?

Seeing as the other one is the Pontiff's Left Eye, I'm going to guess there is at least one other Pontiff ring in the game. Also, that ghostly Outrider is a really nice touch. I'm keeping watching since it means he's probably getting close to the Pontiff.

Peff

I wonder if people will actually be able to get Bloodborne up and running as some crazy Dark Souls III mod given all the, uh, sharing going on. Maybe they could call it The Shieldborne Project.

DaSIII is looking pretty amazing, though.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Stupid Canadian prices.

79$ without the Season Pass. That's brutal.

I'm glad now they delayed Uncharted 4.

Stupid Canadian prices.

79$ without the Season Pass. That's brutal.

I'm glad now they delayed Uncharted 4.

For me this is worth it. Souls has always been a "get in on the ground floor" thing for me, I'd rather pay that than wait 3 weeks.

I guess I am also a bit impatient :D

Ellite25

I am scared to read the thread cause I will spoil myself but can someone give me the tldr of why it's getting negative comments?

The only thing I've seen so far is
the game seems to reuse assets and even enemies (maybe slight variations) from Bloodborne.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This is truly a Miyazaki game. Only him could follow up one of the worst looking areas ever, with the prettiest goddamn setting ever in a Souls game.

Ellite25

This is truly a Miyazaki game. Only him could follow up one of the worst looking areas ever, with the prettiest goddamn setting ever in a Souls game.

I dunno,
the other area didn't look horrible, just seemed bland because it was an underground catacomb. This new area does look pretty great though

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
THOSE SPIDER-WOMEN

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I really hope that the game allows you to not start New Game+ if you don't want to, like Dark Souls 2.

Worst case scenario I'll have to remember to upload my save to the cloud before the last boss.

Wookieomg

Got DS3 downloading! Fuck, tedious process but man I am so fucking HYPED. Haven't watched any of the streams at all, going in with virgin eyes and a virgin mind.

Praise the sun!

Klyka

Banned
ENB and Vaati Vidya are going to have a freak out over this game.

Vaati gonna make a 30 minute video about some textures on walls and stuff, linking it all together, talking down to everyone as usual, telling a huge epic backstory he made up.

*meanwhile at From*

"Just reuse some textures, we need to make the deadline"
"Yes, Miyazaki-sama!"

It's so perfect every time.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Vaati gonna make a 30 minute video about some textures on walls and stuff, linking it all together, talking down to everyone as usual, telling a huge epic backstory he made up.

*meanwhile at From*

"Just reuse some textures, we need to make the deadline"
"Yes, Miyazaki-sama!"

It's so perfect every time.

Reading Miyazaki's interview in the Collector's Guide from Bloodborne....everything Vaati said about that game's story was legit. There IS a deep lore at work here, and Miyazaki is the master of crafting worlds from the simplest things.

Top Bottom