• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

I've been watching DSIII on Lirik's stream, after he's been playing Bloodborne extensively for the last few days.
So far the trash mob, boss and environment designs look like a significant step down from Bloodborne.

Probably a 4channer who doesn't quite get it...

Surprised he made it to member status, though.

Some people use words carelessly, sadly. You could stop quoting, though.

I've been watching DSIII on Lirik's stream, after he's been playing Bloodborne extensively for the last few days.
So far the trash mob, boss and environment designs look like a significant step down from Bloodborne.

You think so? I feel different but maybe I just like the Souls style more!?

Well, my impressions making it past the first two bosses so far, without really getting into any spoilery details.

At this point the games are all just starting to resemble eachother a bit too much, and while I am still having fun there's definitely a lot of "oh, they're doing that again" going on, both in terms of level, enemy and boss design.

Well, my impressions making it past the first two bosses so far, without really getting into any spoilery details.

At this point the games are all just starting to resemble eachother a bit too much, and while I am still having fun there's definitely a lot of "oh, they're doing that again" going on, both in terms of level, enemy and boss design.

No Dark Souls 2 references? I feel the game is gonna ignore dark souls 2 events

I don't really see any 'pleasantly surprised' type of reactions about any facets of the game at all which is discouraging.

Are there any areas or anything new to the game that have particularly wow'ed anyone? I see a lot of mentions of reused assets, same type of locations we've seen before and not much more so far. Anyone?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I don't really see any 'pleasantly surprised' type of reactions about any facets of the game at all which is discouraging.

Are there any areas or anything new to the game that have particularly wow'ed anyone? I see a lot of mentions of reused assets, same type of locations we've seen before and not much more so far. Anyone?

The latter areas are the best I've even seen in the whole series. Nothing has even been this gorgeous, this creative, with enemies types we have never seen before. Environments unlike anything you've seen yet. And some of the bosses literally feel like the most epic end bosses ever. And they are not even Lords of Cinder.

How much of the Xbox version is in English? Settings when starting a new game were in Japanese.

Edit: Had to delete and re-install, guess it started while still in the Japanese store.

The latter areas are the best I've even seen in the whole series. Nothing has even been this gorgeous, this creative, with enemies types we have never seen before. Environments unlike anything you've seen yet. And some of the bosses literally feel like the most epic end bosses ever. And they are not even Lords of Cinder.

Oh shit, that's what I'm talking about it! Thanks for sharing. Trying to avoid most spoilers but I definitely need some positive reinforcement haha.

Soulhouf

Here we go!

xcPlyYF.jpg

silva1991

Awesome, my internet is slow now and google translate takes forever to translate one word(and by forever I mean 5-10 seconds)

bad timing internet bad :(

mellow

can anyone tell me what the item in my key items is? it's like a
black hand gripping ash

i don't remember when i acquired it

this is pre boss 3

mellow

i wonder why sony have taken it off the JPN PSN? this hasn't happened before has it?

highly unlikely but maybe they're going to roll out the english version early thanks to the XBOX ONE thing?

aravuus

Everyone's expectations are probably through the roof, "pleasantly surprised" comments would require the game to exceed them, which, if we're being honest, it will never do. Even if it does end up being the best Souls game.

e: someone needs to upload the OST to Youtube. Should make the wait easier.

Kiyo

Been running around for 2 hours since killing the 2nd boss. I'm sure I've missed at least one boss by now but I seem to have a ton of bonfires unlocked. Any hints on where the third boss is? I've cleared up to
Old Wolf of Farron and his covenant.

takoyaki

Found a secret wall in
Firelink Shrine
! Hid behind it was a
Covetous Silver Serpent
Ring

nice, was it on the upper level?
there was this one wall that looked really suspicious but I couldn't get it to open; did you hit it like DS1 or press circle like in DS2?

edit: thanks InternHertz!

ramyeon

i wonder why sony have taken it off the JPN PSN? this hasn't happened before has it?

highly unlikely but maybe they're going to roll out the english version early thanks to the XBOX ONE thing?
Wait so that XBOX ONE preorder trick actually worked for people?

nice, was it on the upper level?
there was this one wall that looked really suspicious but I couldn't get it to open; did you hit it like DS1 or press circle like in DS2?

Yes it was on the upper level. Where you get the Estus Shard on the rafters
You have to
hit the wall for it to disappear

Could you direct me :)
Wtf?! Where exactly?

First
get the key for 20000 souls.
Go to the tower on the right of Firelink, on the next bridge go on the roof, and past the crow nest you'll have a ledge you can drop to.
Which leads you to rafter where you get the Estus Shard.
One of the extremities of the cross shaped rafter leads to a wall you have to hit,
and behind there's a chest with the ring.

Majin Boo

Yes it was on the upper level. Where you get the Estus Shard on the rafters
You have to
hit the wall for it to disappear

First
get the key for 20000 souls.
Go to the tower on the right of Firelink, on the next bridge go on the roof, and past the crow nest you'll have a ledge you can drop to.
Which leads you to rafter where you get the Estus Shard.
One of the extremities of the cross shaped rafter leads to a wall you have to hit,
and behind there's a chest with the ring.

Thank you, time to save some souls then.

Top Bottom