• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Hypron

No Dark Souls 2 references? I feel the game is gonna ignore dark souls 2 events

Nah within 10 minutes of starting the game there's a
giant turned into a tree straight from DaS2

Some people were building up this narrative pre-release that Miyazaki dislikes DaS2 and just ignored it when making DaS3 but it's definitely not the case.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
sorry for blurry picture but does anyone know what this does? got a feeling it upgrades my estus but don't wanna use it without knowing

CeQzSfQWsAAG3N5.jpg:large

I love how the stamina ring doesn't have an aura effect anymore, hated that.

Beat both bosses so far first time. I'm playing as a knight and i've slipped back into my Dark Souls playstyle seamlessly, the starting sword for the Knight is no joke.

Lol ok, how the f*** do I equip items this time? I equipped a fire bomb but I can only cycle through my estus flasks the way it used to be in previous souls games...

Hypron

Lol ok, how the f*** do I equip items this time? I equipped a fire bomb but I can only cycle through my estus flasks the way it used to be in previous souls games...

Are you sure you equipped it in your quick access inventory? You need to open the equipment screen first (start and then X).

There's a second list of items that you can access by pressing start first, but it's different.

Are you sure you equipped it in your quick access inventory? You need to open the equipment screen first (start and then X).

There's a second list of items that you can access by pressing start first, but it's different.

Thank you, was sure it was something like an alternate list this time...;-)

Majin Boo

I love how the stamina ring doesn't have an aura effect anymore, hated that.

Beat both bosses so far first time. I'm playing as a knight and i've slipped back into my Dark Souls playstyle seamlessly, the starting sword for the Knight is no joke.

Could you tell me where you found the ring, I must have missed it.

gunstarhero

Question from a DS noob (only played thru BB before):

What is the deal with classes in this game? Are they simply a stat boost in a particular spec direction, or is there something else?

Say for instance that I tend to like using thrusting type weapons like Estocs, Rapiers or spears. It seems Heralds and Assassins are outfitted for that (based on what I read), but any class can use them, right? As long as you pump enough DEX into any given class, you should be ok?

Am I missing anything?

Judging from the streams, besides the warps from fire link to lothric wall, and lothric wall to undead burg, is is confirmed if the rest of the world is interconnected ?

Hypron

Thank you, was sure it was something like an alternate list this time...;-)

No problem, it also tripped me up in Bloodborne at first. I never actually used the start menu item list in BB but I guess it can be useful for those items you don't need to use during combat but still want to have easy access to.

Question from a DS noob (only played thru BB before):

What is the deal with classes in this game? Are they simply a stat boost in a particular spec direction, or is there something else?

Say for instance that I tend to like using thrusting type weapons like Estocs, Rapiers or spears. It seems Heralds and Assassins are outfitted for that (based on what I read), but any class can use them, right? As long as you pump enough DEX into any given class, you should be ok?

Am I missing anything?

Classes are just for starting gear and a small variation in initial stat allocation, ultimately they are meaningless as you can shape your character to however you want. They are more for a true "roleplay" than anything substantial in the game.

gunstarhero

Classes are just for starting gear and a small variation in stat allocation, ultimately they are meaningless as you can shape your character to however you want. They are more for a true "roleplay" than anything substantial in the game.

Thanks! Guess I can stop stressing out about it. :)

Could you tell me where you found the ring, I must have missed it.

The area where that huge beast patrols that Siegfried helps you with. Work your way through those buildings and it will take you to the roof, from the roof you can get across to a tower. It's in there along with an armour set.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
First few ones being the one I mentioned ? Or others add to the list ?

Cemetary of Ashes and Firelink Shrine are connected. Then you can teleport to High Wall of Lothric. From the High Wall you teleport to Undead Settlement. From here on out, all areas pour into one another.

iFirez

I either really hate this game or just don't get it. This is my first Dark Souls game after loving Bloodborne. Can't get any further than
the tower just past the dragon
everything just kills me. I've been fine up until this point too.

Hypron

Because of this game, I had 1 hour of sleep last night. Now I'm about to leave for uni to tutor some undergrads... I hope I don't look too sleep deprived, it'd be a bad look.

Dark Souls, what are you doing to me.

The game is fucking amazing, though.

I either really hate this game or just don't get it. This is my first Dark Souls game after loving Bloodborne. Can't get any further than
the tower just past the dragon
everything just kills me. I've been fine up until this point too.

Did you
light the bonfire
in that tower? You can
skip almost all the enemies
between that tower and the next boss.

Top Bottom