• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

More footage from my PS4 English version (1.01) playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2AtMqAEoE

How? You are a reviewer ?

I hope sooooo much that english patch come to japanese copy... xD

I can play it, but i play in "fear". With dialogue and menus... Like i dont want to mess up things or else.. lol

Someone know how to turn off japanese subtitle ? Or if english is in for that? ( due to english voice )

But the game is gooooooood, i had been Co-oping for like 4hours xD The 2nd boss area ( i'm still there ) I started deprived so i wanted to farm souls and lvl up + the 20 000 souls key.

Nere

I just watched a stream with the
Dragonrider boss
.... Where is this guy who said this game has uninspiring and easy bosses?...

Reviewer (via debug unit)

How? You are a reviewer ?

I hope sooooo much that english patch come to japanese copy... xD

I can play it, but i play in "fear". With dialogue and menus... Like i dont want to mess up things or else.. lol

Someone know how to turn off japanese subtitle ? Or if english is in for that? ( due to english voice )

But the game is gooooooood, i had been Co-oping for like 4hours xD The 2nd boss area ( i'm still there ) I started deprived so i wanted to farm souls and lvl up + the 20 000 souls key.

iFirez

Did you
light the bonfire
in that tower? You can
skip almost all the enemies
between that tower and the next boss.

I did, thats where I keep respawning. I keep fighting
the knight in the tower and then there's another in a room after I go across some roofs. The issue being I just run out of Estus before I even get close to the second knight because they get lucky hits in on me, even with my shield up.

Don't get me wrong, the game is good, I just feel like I've hit a brick wall which never happened in Bloodborne. Maybe I just need to sleep and come back to this tomorrow.

Emedan

Okay guys, huge spoilers..

...but what the fuck
BLACK KNIGHTS

I hate myself for spoiling this game so much but it can't be helped... I needs to know

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just watched a stream with the
Dragonrider boss
.... Where is this guy who said this game has uninspiring and easy bosses?...

The Dark Souls II team made the bosses, and Miyazaki isn't the real director. This thread has it all.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm in the unusual position of having access to XB1 and PS4 versions

XB1 seems to run a bit smoother to me... I may be imagining it, but it feels better somehow

Aces&Eights

I did, thats where I keep respawning. I keep fighting
the knight in the tower and then there's another in a room after I go across some roofs. The issue being I just run out of Estus before I even get close to the second knight because they get lucky hits in on me, even with my shield up.

Don't get me wrong, the game is good, I just feel like I've hit a brick wall which never happened in Bloodborne. Maybe I just need to sleep and come back to this tomorrow.

Try a different weapon. I always forget to do that when I'm playing Souls games. Sometimes, a different weapon/moveset makes all the difference.

Nephtes

I'm in the unusual position of having access to XB1 and PS4 versions

XB1 seems to run a bit smoother to me... I may be imagining it, but it feels better somehow

Serious question:
Are you using an external HDD (SSD or hybrid) on the Xbox One to store DS3?

It would not be the first game to run better on Xbox with an external SSD or hybrid drive than without one...

Jobbs

Banned
Serious question:
Are you using an external HDD (SSD or hybrid) on the Xbox One to store DS3?

It would not be the first game to run better on Xbox with an external SSD or hybrid drive.

My PS4 and XB1 are both totally stock, just whatever hard drives they each came with.

PS4 feels more jittery and stuff, XB1 feels more natural and less stilted. I didn't do any scientific tests so take it for what it's worth

Jobbs

Banned
as a cleric with a mace I was having a ton of trouble, particularly with the harder knights in the first area, and I found them much easier when I just started going ham, two handing it. if you break their guard you can do a frontstab crit attack thingy.

Majin Boo

as a cleric with a mace I was having a ton of trouble, particularly with the harder knights in the first area, and I found them much easier when I just started going ham, two handing it. if you break their guard you can do a frontstab crit attack thingy.

These knights were troublesome for me as well: Playing without a shield and with the relatively slow claymore is definitely harder than it was in Dark Souls 1.

takoyaki

I'm calling it a night, great game so far. After the starting area, the performance has gotten better and stayed that way so far. I'm at
the tree boss and haven't figured out how to beat him/her yet, no spoilers please.

One question about an early boss in the
High Wall
area.
The Dancer of the Frigid Valley from the Network Test ist gone, they didn't remove her completely, right? Anyone found a way to trigger the fight yet? Has it something to do with the old lady being alive/dead?

mellow

anyone find a decent farming area early on? i'm trying to get to 20K souls to buy the key in firelink

just co-op grinding bosses atm

Anyone have any information on co-op? I know the mechanic is still basically the same.. Soapstone summing. Is it any easier in this version? Will both party members retain their exp or progress?

You have to be knindled right to summon or be summon?

Edit: the item in firelink shrine from the
old lady. Well it's the key and it should open the locked door on the left guarded by the naked samurai right? Bought the key and the door won't open.

Lol I forgot how slow I can be playing souls games, still on the first area tryin to get to all places.

This is probably the hardest soul game to go shieldless, enemies are fast, they have tricky attack patterns and they do a lot of damage.

You have to be knindled right to summon or be summon?

Edit: the item in firelink shrine from the
old lady. Well it's the key and it should open the locked door on the left guarded by the naked samurai right? Bought the key and the door won't open.

Try to other side, I think you have to go there via staircase in firelink

Top Bottom