• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Played for around 10 hours. Bosses so far were very easy and visuals are pretty weak. Just taking my time with the game and so far it's on par with DS2.

It was
Crystal Sage ( a witch?), I have beaten Index Gundyr, Vordy, Curse-rotted Greatwoord.

Also how do (status effect)
curses do?

Just fought him now, clearly I should've been here 10 levels ago. Man, I went down the wrong path, I knew it was weird to be getting a silver boss trophy so early.

Curses just kill instantly now, it seems. Might have an effect on hollowing that we don't know about yet.

A weird glitch caused me to teleport past the first boss and I was super confused. Thankfully they leave a homeward bone there, but I was leveled up a bit lol.

Why does my character turn
black
after a while? it has to do with being ashen?
The shadows in this game are weird. It just depends on where you stand.

Kusagari

Three bosses in and I am not impressed at all so far. Bosses really are reminding me of Dark Souls 2.

From really upped their game by making a boss like Father G the first possible boss you could encounter in Bloodborne. Bosses so far in this can't even compare.

Phased

Seems a lot easier so far but I could have just played a ton of Dark Souls at this point and be used to it.

This is a pretty important point I think.

Souls games feel a little easy once you've played/mastered other Souls games. You'll always look back on those first bosses of Dark Souls 1 with a lot of nostalgia and they'll always seem way harder than they were, or would be now if you came into it fresh.

Risette

A Good Citizen
What's wrong with what he said? G-man was indeed the first possible boss you COULD encounter. Sorry to say folks, but this game seems to be more B-team dreck. Just threw in Miyazaki in at the last second.
lol what

is "B-team" coded language for "not a platform exclusive" nowadays?

silva1991

The shadows in this game are weird. It just depends on where you stand.

I went to the same area after warping and skin color was normal

I think it's a mechanic that has to do with hollowing in this game after
leveling up with the sorcerer instead of maiden in black.

could be wrong tho.

Azzanadra

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Trust me, I was just as exited as the rest of you guys. But everything from this release stagnation to this abnormally low lumber of bosses to
Magus and Congregation 2.0? Lol.
to how fast this game was made after Bloodborne while retaining Miyazaki have made this whole situation seem quite shady.

lol what

is "B-team" coded language for "not a platform exclusive" nowadays?

Well Dark Souls stands as my favorite souls (and IMO the best), but hey guess I am a console fanboy.

Three bosses in and I am not impressed at all so far. Bosses really are reminding me of Dark Souls 2.

From really upped their game by making a boss like Father G the first possible boss you could encounter in Bloodborne. Bosses so far in this can't even compare.

#ItGetsBetter

I'm 6 bosses in, one of them was genuinely challenging and cool in the way many of the best Souls fights are. It's on par with Dark Souls 1 in terms of bosses so far. Most of the early game bosses were no big deal in terms of difficulty (Capra maybe, but your mileage may vary).

We've also heard from several people that this game has the easiest early hours and toughest mid-late hours of the series.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Played for around 10 hours. Bosses so far were very easy and visuals are pretty weak. Just taking my time with the game and so far it's on par with DS2.

Oh no :( I am waiting for the NA release date but this is disappointing to hear. Is the level design as good as Bloodborne? Also in the launch trailer visuals looked pretty awesome in my opinion.

Trust me, I was just as exited as the rest of you guys. But everything from this release stagnation to this abnormally low lumber of bosses to
Magus and Congregation 2.0? Lol.
to how fast this game was made after Bloodborne while retaining Miyazaki have made this whole situation seem quite shady.

Release stagnation has more to do with Namco than From.
18 bosses
+ possible hidden bosses isn't really low. And just because theres a dud boss (as there are in all the games) makes this "B-team dreck"? Tad bit hyperbolic don't you think? And it's not like Celestial Emissary was much better. The game is clearly very well designed and was made with care despite its flaws. Jumping on the " B-team dreck" train again because of a few minor issues is childish don't you think?

Azzanadra

Release stagnation has more to do with Namco than From.
18 bosses
+ possible hidden bosses isn't really low. And just because theres a dud boss (as there are in all the games) makes this "B-team dreck"? Tad bit hyperbolic don't you think? And it's not like Celestial Emissary was much better. The game is clearly very well designed and was made with care despite its flaws. Jumping on the " B-team dreck" train again because of a few minor issues is childish don't you think?

I hope you're right. I am just not liking too much of what I am seeing, but hopefully actually having this game in my hands will change my mind.

I went to the same area after warping and skin color was normal

I think it's a mechanic that has to do with hollowing in this game after
leveling up with the sorcerer instead of maiden in black.

could be wrong tho.
I don't even know what you're talking about and ive seen the black skin. It's not different areas, it's different locations and directions within the same area. Saw this before leveling up or reaching a bonfire.

After getting to firelink shrine. Im lost where to go next. Any clues?
According to Google Translate app, you need to let the game finish installing and then select the first option at the bonfire.

I hope your right. I am just not liking too much of what I am seeing, but hopefully actually having this game in my hands will change my mind.
Clearly a lot of others here who actually own the game are of a very opposite opinion. But yeah you should wait till you actually have the game in your hands and have given it a bit of time before making statements as extreme as that.
Not that I have the game either.
From what I've seen though the game is clearly an incredibly large step up from Dark Souls 2 and I'm one of those who enjoyed Dark Souls 2 well enough. Wasn't the greatest game of all time and had many questionable design desicions, but it was enjoyable enough.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Oh no :( I am waiting for the NA release date but this is disappointing to hear. Is the level design as good as Bloodborne? Also in the launch trailer visuals looked pretty awesome in my opinion.

It's better than DS2 but I don't think the visuals are great. Bloodborne looks a lot better imo.

Jobbs

Banned
can anyone tell me who to turn this
sunbro
item in to to join the covenant?

I just beat the
giant tree thing with the arm growing out of it that broke the floor and all that
-- and I'm not sure where to go next.

Tingle

sunbro

I just beat the
giant tree thing with the arm growing out of it that broke the floor and all that

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you
just have to equip the sunbro item? Maybe at the bonfire?
I don't have the game, but I think that's the case?

Fhtagn

First boss was pretty tricky as Deprived, fwiw.
Dead in 2 hits in first phase, then dead in 1-2 and the shield barely helped.

I'm three hours in, I'm enjoying it a lot so far despite not being able to read anything.

It feels way more like Demon's Souls than Dark Souls 2 to me, that could change of course.

Lets try not to get hyperbolic about it in either direction; especially if you haven't beaten the game yet, alright?

I hope you're right. I am just not liking too much of what I am seeing, but hopefully actually having this game in my hands will change my mind.
I was super afraid of this game because Dark Souls II is garbage, but I've only just beaten the first boss and it just feels right. I'm still apprehensive about the story and lore because DS2 ruined it, but it's way better.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
sunbro

I just beat the

Just put it on. Big diamond on the equip menu.

Jobbs

Banned
^ thanks guys. =) duh me.

so where do I go now that I killed the third boss, the
big giant thing with the arm that broke the floor etc?

Just fought him now, clearly I should've been here 10 levels ago. Man, I went down the wrong path, I knew it was weird to be getting a silver boss trophy so early.

Curses just kill instantly now, it seems. Might have an effect on hollowing that we don't know about yet.
Hmm thing I have to go there next. I hit a dead end with this boss(?)

Kusagari

#ItGetsBetter

I'm 6 bosses in, one of them was genuinely challenging and cool in the way many of the best Souls fights are. It's on par with Dark Souls 1 in terms of bosses so far. Most of the early game bosses were no big deal in terms of difficulty (Capra maybe, but your mileage may vary).

We've also heard from several people that this game has the easiest early hours and toughest mid-late hours of the series.

Yeah, I still have hope. And I'll clarify that the game on a purely technical level does feel better than Dark Souls 2.

I've just been kind of put off by how easy I've found everything so far. It took me almost 2 hours until I actually died for the first time. But I have to admit hearing that we might see an actual ramp up in difficulty the entire way through is pretty encouraging.

Fhtagn

Wait, are you seriously calling this game Team B dreck because you're watching streams?

Please, stop it. There's no reason to whip up a frenzy without having even played the game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
^ thanks guys. =) duh me.

so where do I go now that I killed the third boss, the
big giant thing with the arm that broke the floor etc?

That was an optional boss. From the bonfire, go down the stairs. Instead of going left to the boss, go right. If you haven't found a certain Onion Knight, you haven't discovered the next place to go.

Also that boss gave you:

The item you need to transform boss souls.

I'm sure this issue has beaten to death so I apoligize, but is there a guide to what I have to do to get the japanese version on a non-japanese console (PS4)?

Wait, are you seriously calling this game Team B dreck because you're watching streams?

Please, stop it. There's no reason to whip up a frenzy without having even played the game.

Jesus, he hasn't even played the game yet. I'm out of this thread. The level of stupid is getting too high for me.

LycanXIII

PYhWvsB.png

Shu's playing it on PSVR.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I'm sure this issue has beaten to death so I apoligize, but is there a guide to what I have to do to get the japanese version on a non-japanese console (PS4)?

Buy a 5000 and a 3000 yen PSN card from Play-Asia.com. Create a Japanese PSN account. Buy it on the Japanese PSN store. Set your PS4 to primary for the Japanese account. Switch over to your regular account. Profit.

Top Bottom