• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Can anyone give me some tips for the first area callback area after the first boss? Can't find the shortcut and the
boar
is too tough as a Deprived

Facing away from the boss door, shortcut is up the stairs, through a small plaza on the left. It's an elevator that takes you back to the first bonfire in the area.

Jobbs

Banned
I found the sunbro item -- how do I turn it in to join the covenant?

also I cleared that whole town area with all the
bloodborne type pitchfork enemies, found the sunbro item, killed some rats in the sewer, et.c. I can't figure out where to actually go to progress

Any impressions on sorcery/pyromancy/miracles so far?

I'm still torn over my starting class - I usually go with a str-oriented build in Souls games but I kind of want to mix it up if it's viable.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sorry I sound stupid but where the hell do I go after the 2nd boss. I go through some big doors and then it's advised to raise a banner I don't have? Been back to the shrine and can't see any other levels unlocked. I'm obviously missing something obvious lol.
There's a big door on the top of the stairs leading to the boss with a lady sitting on a chair. Talk to her twice or three times to get a few items, including the banner.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Game is fun, thanks for watching everyone. I am literally feeling like dying right now irl, why does this shit always happen to me. Hope everyone enjoyed the stream, I'll continue later hopefully... headache, feeling sick, my skin is sensitive and my throat is killing me. Great.

Neoweee

So, the download speed completely pooped up 2.3 GB into this 4.38 GB file. PSN.

Looks like I won't be playing tonight, at this rate.

Needlecrash

Just got done playing it for three hours. This game is legit. I'm getting a Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls feel from it. Gonna stream some more in a bit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Any impressions on sorcery/pyromancy/miracles so far?

I'm still torn over my starting class - I usually go with a str-oriented build in Souls games but I kind of want to mix it up if it's viable.
I'm an Assassin and my 2k souls magic missile (the stronger one out of the two available in the first store) hits for about the same as a hit from my sword.
The spell which you get at the beginning which makes your footsteps silent is a godsend though, saved my back a few times already.

taoofjord

To those watching enstreams/playing are there a lot of reused Bloodborne assets? If so, do you think the it will make returning to BB a less enjoyable experience? I'm concerned it will if they overdid the asset reuse.

d00d3n

It sucks for everyone else that already wants to play, but it's actually a really smart way to advertise in this day and age.

If L2 is for weapon arts, how do you parry now?

Haven't tried parrying yet, sorry.

Btw, give the ring to
Loretta
or not? Seemed a bit shady?

silva1991

Something is weird about one of the npcs in the hub

every time I give the thief my back and then turn around to see what he is doing it looks like he quickly fix his position

kinda like that vicar
in bloodborne
that listen to the player while talking to Ariana
!! I wonder what's all that about.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just checking, there's no way to get English text in the downloaded JP version from PSN right?

bidguy

Banned
ive played for around 2 hours and it doesnt seem interconnected at all ...

this is where im at
ive just reached undead settlement

I'm an Assassin and my 2k souls magic missile (the stronger one out of the two available in the first store) hits for about the same as a hit from my sword.
The spell which you get at the beginning which makes your footsteps silent is a godsend though, saved my back a few times already.

Heh I was just looking at the Assassin class on the DS3 wiki this morning and was thinking that spell wouldn't be very useful. Glad to hear I'm wrong though

this is where im at
Opens up after that area. Been playing since launch its not inter connected paths, but it is still wrapping round. Level design is like bloodborne, but with out disconnects.

this is where im at

I finished that area, the area after it, and am currently fighting a boss that I'm pretty sure is meant to be way later in the game. So yeah, it definitely opens up.

Currently at the giant undead skeleton king, no idea how to get past him with a +4 Fire Longsword.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Damn, jealous of my X-Bros right now. Oh well, it's not that bad, I just miss my item descriptions. But at least I recognize a cloranthy ring and grass crest shield on sight when I see one...

Get'sMad

DL'ing this now....but dumb question thats probably been answered a thousand times but X and O buttons functions are flipped in Japan right?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
DL'ing this now....but dumb question thats probably been answered a thousand times but X and O buttons functions are flipped in Japan right?

Yes, you can flip it back on the PS4 firmware level but it won't change the in-game button prompts so I just kept it as-is and got used to it.

lol.png

Anyone else notice the underlined on the steam store? Somebody was having fun it seems.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Heh I was just looking at the Assassin class on the DS3 wiki this morning and was thinking that spell wouldn't be very useful. Glad to hear I'm wrong though
Yesterday I had at least 2 instances of having to get past/get rid of an enemy patrolling a small area. While walking slowly is silent, I just had to dash like crazy and not be heard, so I'd say it's quite useful.

Jobbs

Banned
how do I turn in this sunbro item to join the covenant?

also what's a purple phantom? I got invaded by a purple phantom.

ike_

Game is fun, thanks for watching everyone. I am literally feeling like dying right now irl, why does this shit always happen to me. Hope everyone enjoyed the stream, I'll continue later hopefully... headache, feeling sick, my skin is sensitive and my throat is killing me. Great.

Thanks for the stream Yosh. Try and stay away from microorganisms for a while.
Y46KySF.png

That means no sugars or fats. Only salty soups and tea for you man. Get better.

Zolbrod

It sucks for everyone else that already wants to play, but it's actually a really smart way to advertise in this day and age.

If L2 is for weapon arts, how do you parry now?

L2 only activates a weapon art when holding the weapon with 2 hands.

So if you have your shield equipped, L2 parries.
If you're holding your weapon with 2 hands, L2 does a weapon art.

Caja 117

I want to do assasin but Im not too much into thrusting swords, how is the herald starting equipment? does it makes you fat roll?

Get'sMad

how long does play asia usually take to deliver digital codes? I already got one but apparently they out of stock on ¥3000

yeah....I noticed that and went ahead and spent the extra 7 bucks for the 10000 code instead of the 5000 and 3000 combo because why not I'm already spending waaay too much on this game in the first place.

anyways it took like 5-10 minutes before I got the email for my code!

Top Bottom