• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

It's pretty fucking bad https://a.pomf.cat/rcxnom.webm location spoiler

Holy shit the performance and the hitbox
mc1z6see0rel.gif

Foffy

Banned
I must say, I am quite liking the emphasis on color in some of the areas in the game.

The starting location looks pretty damn barren.

Fhtagn

Zombie Eileen the Crow is no noke.

Please spoiler descriptions of things you've seen in streams. Or I guess I should just abandon this thread already.

Can someone tell me how cautious I have to be about the soundtrack? Will the track titles spoil a big surprise? Or are the names vague enough?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Please spoiler descriptions of things you've seen in streams. Or I guess I should just abandon this thread already.

Can someone tell me how cautious I have to be about the soundtrack? Will the track titles spoil a big surprise? Or are the names vague enough?

Wat. Eileen is from a different game and the enemy I was talking about just a grunt that vaguely resembles her. Take it easy guy.

Fhtagn

Wat.
Eileen is from a different game and the enemy I was talking about just a grunt that vaguely resembles her.
Take it easy guy.

Exactly. Good job spoiling something for someone who hasn't watched any trailers. Guess I'm out of this thread now because no one can be trusted to not describe things out in the open before the game is even out.

Nyoro SF

hmmm, NPCs are VERY very talkative again. Especially the level up woman. Lots of random locked doors I'm seeing.

Getting a lot of bad vibes from this now. Seems a lot more DS2 than 1 and that's an incredibly bad thing imo. But we'll have to see I guess.

No way. Please don't tell me they screwed this up again. I really don't get how you can get it right in Demon's Souls and then keep messing it up.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Exactly. Good job spoiling something for someone who hasn't watched any trailers. Guess I'm out of this thread now because no one can be trusted to not describe things out in the open before the game is even out.

You're right. I'm sorry for ruining that there's
a robed undead
in the game.

Chatty NPCs and locked doors are a Dark Souls 2 thing? Or are you referring to something else?

I'm not sure how NPCs being really talkative is a bad thing? Unless you get locked into conversations and have you spam through the level up dialogue before you can start putting in stats.

Mostly noticed it on the blacksmith and the level up woman. Which could prove quite annoying on frequent visits. But yes I do consider overly chatty NPCs a Dark Souls 2 thing, I feel the other games were very light on that sort of stuff and it added a lot the atmosphere and mystery.

Locked doors can be found in all the games, but Dark Souls 2 had a great abundance of them in very random places. I found that pretty symptomatic of the bad level design the game had.

All just my opinion of course, but I just really, really don't want another Dark Souls 2. So I might be overly worried for nothing.

bigol

People were quick to point at ds3 as too similar to bb graphics. Honestly variety is great until now and he is just at the beginning of the game.
Areas seem much more complex than ds2,too. You actually have to explore to find a bonfire,it's not as straightforward as it was in ds2.

Mostly noticed it on the blacksmith and the level up woman. Which could prove quite annoying on frequent visits. But yes I do consider overly chatty NPCs a Dark Souls 2 thing, I feel the other games were very light on that sort of stuff and it added a lot the atmosphere and mystery.

Locked doors can be found in all the games, but Dark Souls 2 had a great abundance of them in very random places. I found that pretty symptomatic of the bad level design the game had.

All just my opinion of course, but I just really, really don't want another Dark Souls 2. So I might be overly worried for nothing.

Sounds to me like you're trying really hard to be disappointed by this game. From what we've seen so far the level design is fantastic.

Jombie

People were quick to point at ds3 as too similar to bb graphics. Honestly variety is great until now and he is just at the beginning of the game.
Areas seem much more complex than ds2,too. You actually have to explore to find a bonfire,it's not as straightforward as it was in ds2.

A lot of verticality.

Skulldead

hmmm, NPCs are VERY very talkative again. Especially the level up woman. Lots of random locked doors I'm seeing.

Getting a lot of bad vibes from this now. Seems a lot more DS2 than 1 and that's an incredibly bad thing imo. But we'll have to see I guess.

How can they fuck level design when they nailed it so much in BB.... just replicated that...

Jobbs

Banned
So what's the counterplay to this?

(early boss gif)

LightheartedUnpleasantAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.gif

anyway isn't this the bloodborne engine? bloodborne didn't really have these problems. maybe these are freak occurences or will be patched or something...

Phantom hitboxes are so annoying but I can deal with that. Biggest disappointment so far is the world design. Individual levels may have great layouts, but I am concerned about interconnectivity. I don't know why From always makes steps forward and then regresses on various aspects every game.

Phantom hitboxes are so annoying but I can deal with that. Biggest disappointment so far is the world design. Individual levels may have great layouts, but I am concerned about interconnectivity. I don't know why From always makes steps forward and then regresses on various aspects every game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just the first few areas that aren't connected? Or are the new areas not connected to each other either?

convo

So what's the counterplay to this?

(early boss gif)

LightheartedUnpleasantAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.gif

anyway isn't this the bloodborne engine? bloodborne didn't really have these problems. maybe these are freak occurences or will be patched or something...

You could probably find something on the cleric beast but seriously are fucking kidding me and saying there is a faultless Souls game? You will find people shiting on BB hitboxes as with any other game. You sad guys don't have to pretend to be goldfish.

PolishQ

From what I've seen so far, Firelink and the High Wall are not connected to the rest of the world, but everything else (that I know of) is interconnected. And even with Firelink and the High Wall, you can see the other areas in the distance and know how they're related spatially.

libertytoast

Neo Member
Watched a bit of narumi23's stream on twitch, and a lot of people in the chat were saying
that you no longer upgrade armor, and it scales with your level instead.
Anybody know if that's the case?

Top Bottom