• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Ayer, Margot Robbie Reteam for All-Female DC Villains Movie Gotham City Sirens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me Paula Patton. If Batman is older in this universe, Catwoman should be too.

1xyjD.gif

Marvel would first need villains worth giving a shit about. And the only ones there are the ones not in their control, movie rights wise (X-Men).
Marvel has good villains outside of the X-Men and Fantastic Four, it's just the ones used in the movies weren't done justice IMO. I love how Marvel focuses on their heroes but I do wish they wouldn't put the villains in the back seat save for a couple.
Give me Paula Patton. If Batman is older in this universe, Catwoman should be too.
I dig this.

Vlaphor

Harley was the best part of Suicide Squad and if Sirens does Catwoman and Ivy in the same way, I will be in love

Pau

No stay away from my Selina. ;-; Who am I kidding. I'm not getting a film version of the Brubaker version but something closer to the Arkham Asylum games.

Unfortunately the new 52 deaged her a lot. I think she was 21 in that to Bruce's 30-something. Ugh. (And I say that as a girl dating a guy eight years her senior. But I definitely think Selina should be closer in age to Bruce.)

kswiston

Over/under on taking a shot of whisky for every ass shot in this film leading to fatal alcohol poisoning?

We should have more female led superhero films, but I don't think this one is going to offer much in the way of role models or a female perspective.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
No stay away from my Selina. ;-; Who am I kidding. I'm not getting a film version of the Brubaker version but something closer to the Arkham Asylum games.

Unfortunately the new 52 deaged her a lot. I think she was 21 in that to Bruce's 30-something. Ugh. (And I say that as a girl dating a guy eight years her senior. But I definitely think Selina should be closer in age to Bruce.)
If we get anything close to Telltale Selina, I'd be in heaven.

BadAss2961

Over/under on taking a shot of whisky for every ass shot in this film leading to fatal alcohol poisoning?

We should have more female led superhero films, but I don't think this one is going to offer much in the way of role models or a female perspective.
They're not supposed to be role models. I welcome every ass shot in this one.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played it since I'm getting it for Christmas but I'm excited! How close is it to Brubaker's?
I haven't read much of the Brubaker stuff, but I've been so damn impressed with how they wrote Selina in the Telltale game, it's the version I now hold all others to.

They didn't do it for Katana.

Of course, they didn't do much of anything for Katana. Have you heard her sword steals the souls of the dead? I'd advise not getting killed by her.

kswiston

I don't think they really have to be. I was just commenting on the people in this thread that are applauding another female led superhero film, as though this means something for diversity. This probably isn't going to fit in the same category as Wonder Woman.

Pau

Catwoman honestly deserves better. As a huge fan of the character who has actually read her solo appearances, I think getting the film version of her first new 52 cover is a disservice to the character (and so was the cover obviously). But I guess DC disagrees with me considering how they moved closer to depictions from the Jim Balent era despite keeping the Cooke costume. :/

I haven't read much of the Brubaker stuff, but I've been so damn impressed with how they wrote Selina in the Telltale game, it's the version I now hold all others to.
That sounds promising.

BadAss2961

I don't think they really have to be. I was just commenting on the people in this thread that are applauding another female led superhero film, as though this means something for diversity. This probably isn't going to fit in the same category as Wonder Woman.
Either way, it's new ground. A female driven CBM. At least 3 female leads in strong roles. Bad girls... Should be interesting.
Catwoman honestly deserves better. As a huge fan of the character who has actually read her solo appearances, I think getting the film version of her first new 52 cover is a disservice to the character (and so was the cover obviously). But I guess DC disagrees with me considering how they moved closer to depictions from the Jim Balent era despite keeping the Cooke costume. :/

That sounds promising.

Well there's no getting past them sexualizing the heck out of the character, but between Harley and Ivy, she'll probably be the down to earth one of the group.

Pau

Well there's no getting past them sexualizing the heck out of the character
Not with that attitude! :mad:

I should stop liking the character at this point honestly. :(

Nolan surprisingly didn't sexualize her to hell and back and I guess that's one thing I can give him credit for.

I am still not sure what you're arguing here. I joked around saying that Ayer might rewrite the script for this to fit in a racist joke or two. And you're saying that since Suicide Squad, written by David Ayer, didn't get a rewrite by David Ayer, Gotham City Sirens won't either?

Which scene was that?

It's when waller reads his rap sheet and then they show him assassinating that witness. I loved that. Music was good, will smith was in bad boys 2 mode. It almost felt like everything was gonna be alright lol

The only movie I am kinda looking forward to, none Batman, is surpisingly Aquaman...

Batman and Logan are the only ones I'm Forreal Forreal looking forward to

But aquaman, black panther, JL and now this are ones I'm curious about for sure. More interested in the hype and speculation around them than watching them, although I'll see them no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom