• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Ayer, Margot Robbie Reteam for All-Female DC Villains Movie Gotham City Sirens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what racist stereotypes David Ayer will come up with this time
jbhmmm.png

Not a single good action scene in that whole jawn. Dont let him write the script, get a 2nd unit or dp or whatever guy who can do better action there, and keep him out the way of the character designers

And we're good!

Time to increase my stock holdings in Hot Topic.
Speaking of which, Hot Topic merch has been AMAZING for Suicide Squad. Their clothing line is killer and there's so much good stuff to buy!!! Hope Hot Topic keeps on the goodness for Gotham City Sirens~

Replicant

Not really. Like two small scenes in the first movie. But the whole tension of the final battle in AoU is based around the threat to the civilians.

The invasion was a situation that caught them off guard. So all they could do was minimise damage. Whereas with Ultron, they were the ones who are planning the attack and therefore can plan and evacuate accordingly - thus longer scenes.

Effect

I mean I'm not even a big fan of the man, but I can look at the obvious lol. The movie he directed and "wrote" made a shit load of money. That's the ONLY metric that matters really.

People keep ignoring that you don't make that amount of money on a product the majority of people hated. Critics don't like the films? Fine. The amount of money BvS and SS made and continued to make don't make sense if the majority hated those movies. I'm sorry that doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I think there is a percentage that hate these movies but I think that is smaller then the percentage that simply are okay with them, like them, or love them. Then there are the group that just don't care at all.

jelly

Do want but not with Ayer anywhere near it. DC will screw it up either way.

They are going to introduce too many characters again in some new awful way.

Sesha

A year ago this would have excited me.

Now anything I like getting a DC film would make me dismayed. Speaking of...

A Montoya / Cassandra Cain / Katana team-up movie directed by Gareth Evans would be the perfect reward for humanity to have endured the year 2016.

Shut up shut up shut up

Don't make me start hoping for a Cassandra Cain movie, and especially not with Gareth Edwards involved.

I gotta ask, why Montoya, Cassie and Katana, though? Bit of an random line-up.

nowhere to go but up for DC movies at this point right?

Suicide squad was great and man of steel is okay. I think the only serious failing has been bvs. This could be cool, im open to it. But at the same time it bothers me that harley quinn is now essentially a good guy :/

jelly

People keep ignoring that you don't make that amount of money on a product the majority of people hated. Critics don't like the films? Fine. The amount of money BvS and SS made and continued to make don't make sense if the majority hated those movies. I'm sorry that doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I think there is a percentage that hate these movies but I think that is smaller then the percentage that simply are okay with them, like them, or love them. Then there are the group that just don't care at all.

I think the box office for the new films will be telling. Fool me once and all that. I wouldn't see any of the sequels or spin offs without very good reviews.

Who wouldn't want to see a Batman versus Superman film. Suicide Squad was sold very well by trailers.

Shut up shut up shut up

Don't make me start hoping for a Cassandra Cain movie, and especially not with Gareth Edwards involved.

I gotta ask, why Montoya, Cassie and Katana, though? Bit of an random line-up.

No reason at all except that I haven't slept in 24 hours and I really like these three characters.

Anung

Un Rama
Holy christ why would they bring back ayer

They just don't care at all that these films are trash, that's crazy

The same reason they'd bring Synder back after the trash fire of BVS. Money was made and contracts options were already signed. Make money worry about quality later.

I like most of Ayer's work too but SS was all over the shop.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Speaking of which, Hot Topic merch has been AMAZING for Suicide Squad. Their clothing line is killer and there's so much good stuff to buy!!! Hope Hot Topic keeps on the goodness for Gotham City Sirens~

in every SS related thread i see you and initially i think "what a dedicated joke account" and then i remember the pics and the shrine.

Like... you perpetual optimism in the face of Hot Topic jokes and SS love is both a little scary and kind of impressive. Keep on keeping on.

On topic: This movie will surely be a rolling dumpster fire just like SS was. They will double down on the style over substance and the hot topic outfits and the shitty soundtrack that feels utterly out of place.
Place your bets now... how many teams will edit the trailers for this bad boy...

I think the box office for the new films will be telling. Fool me once and all that. I wouldn't see any of the sequels or spin offs without very good reviews.

Who wouldn't want to see a Batman versus Superman film. Suicide Squad was sold very well by trailers.

They already got fooled three times

Effect

True that will be a test and if numbers drop we'll have our answer. However what will people say if they don't but increase? Like said though that was the third film. How many times do they need?

Goodstyle

I hope it means harley dating ivy so the joker presence on this movie is ZERO
As a Joker fan... I really hope so too. I don't want Ayer ruining him more than he already did. No on the Harley/Ivy thing though. You know they'll write it terribly, and just play it up for titillation. I kind of hate how Ivy's character was reduced to a supportive best friend/occasional fuck buddy. Character used to be so much more.

Also, reminder that Ivy isn't a healthy relationship for Harley either:

nkb3SbF.png

Here's Ivy about to choke out Harley over a fucking plant. Ivy used to be an insane criminal with character of her own before she was reduced to Harley's supportive friend.

KahooTs

If people didn't like SS it should have shown in the legs, as everyone was hoping it would, but SS had Margot legs.

I love the Sirens so hopefully this could be good. Love Ivy as the anti-hero. Shes best when depicted as a bad guy with somewhat good reasons. Also like how Batman kinda takes it easy on her unless he's really pushed to stop her. Really interesting character in the Gotham rouges gallery.

Shaanyboi

Banned
As a Joker fan... I really hope so too. I don't want Ayer ruining him more than he already did. No on the Harley/Ivy thing though. You know they'll write it terribly, and just play it up for titillation. I kind of hate how Ivy's character was reduced to a supportive best friend/occasional fuck buddy. Character used to be so much more.

Also, reminder that Ivy isn't a healthy relationship for Harley either:

nkb3SbF.png

Here's Ivy about to choke out Harley over a fucking plant. Ivy used to be an insane criminal with character of her own before she was reduced to Harley's supportive friend.
Ivy thinks of plants more than people so this isn't shocking of a reaction from her. It would be like throwing out an infant.

But seriously, Suicide Squad is by far the worst comic book movie I've seen that doesn't star Val Kilmer or Shaquille O'Neal. Whoever thought it was okay to use licensed music throughout the movie like it was deserves to be fired, hired again, fired harder and then locked away and forced to work with Josh Trank forever.

icespide

Banned
But seriously, Suicide Squad is by far the worst comic book movie I've seen that doesn't star Val Kilmer or Shaquille O'Neal. Whoever thought it was okay to use licensed music throughout the movie like it was deserves to be fired, hired again, fired harder and then locked away and forced to work with Josh Trank forever.
yo real talk, Batman Forever is actually pretty decent

thebigword

Neo Member
so Catwoman and Poison Ivy are going to have fucking tattoos all over the bodies, right? All over their faces, right? Great...I can wait.

I'd rather Batman characters be introduced, re-introduced in the actual Batman films, where, hopefully, Affleck can do them justice.

border

This is Poison Ivy. She's got my back.

I would advise not getting killed by her. She has the power to control poisonous plants.

Busty

Banned
The only really interesting thing about this news is that Ayer is, presumably, doing this film rather than the sequel to Suicide Squad.

Rumours have it Warners have already set a writer (or writers ???) to script the Suicide Squad sequel and that they wanted it ready for 2019. Maybe this has taken its place?

Either way Suicide Squad was too big of a hit in terms of box office and merch etc to not get a sequel sooner rather than later.

Also interesting that ol El Mayimbe made a big deal out of getting the 'scoop' that the 'Untitled DCU Film' that Catherine Hodson is writing was the Sirens film.

So much for that. Though it does beg the question what DCU project she is writing. Man Of Steel 2?

Either way I'm all ready for a new Catwoman. I also wouldn't be surprised if the studio has already signed up someone to play her. Emily Blunt, whom the studio is a big fan of? Or, as an outside choice how about Rihanna?

They probably just re-hired them to work on this movie, they will be fired once they are done with it.

so Catwoman and Poison Ivy are going to have fucking tattoos all over the bodies, right? All over their faces, right? Great...I can wait.

I'd rather Batman characters be introduced, re-introduced in the actual Batman films, where, hopefully, Affleck can do them justice.
New 52 Ivy already had some sort of green spiral marking thing going on with her skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom