• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

strafer

large_psmHHpG6oBzAO9fFenhk5ababv2.jpg

Affleck was the bomb in that.

RootCause

Like what I'm seeing. Looks pretty good for a game this early too.

Though I would've preferred to play as Mikkelsen instead of Daryl.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Guillermo del Toro but man do I enjoy the heck out of the movies he works on like hell boy, blade 2, pans labyrinth. I recently went to the Display of his at LACMA. Was hoping to see more but man I wish more people used him when it comes to creativity of monsters and the way they look.

This will get massively downgrade just like MGS4, unless its ground up for PS5

MGS4 was "massively downgraded" because Kojima created it based on what the PS3 was supposed to be. It didn't hit that and as a result the downgrade happened. The Pro is a different story. It's specs have been known since early this year.

longdi

Banned
MGS4 was "massively downgraded" because Kojima created it based on what the PS3 was supposed to be. It didn't hit that and as a result the downgrade happened. The Pro is a different story. It's specs have been known since early this year.
There won't be exclusive Pro games though, cerny about that.

There won't be exclusive Pro games though, cerny about that.

I'm not sure what your point there is. You said it'd be massively downgraded unless it's ground up on the PS4, and I pointed out why MGS4 was downgraded and why that doesn't make sense for DS. Of course there are going to be visual differences between Pro and standard PS4 games. Especially going forward when games can be built for the Pro first and then downgraded to the standard PS4.

This needs to be emphasized. The early pre-released PS3 dev kits were running Geforce 6800 Ultras SLI and the final Nvidia RSX GPU couldn't match it.

I sure have my man Plastica-man! But even games that have utilized it do not have them in such a sharp resolutions! I mean the ground textures are straight up CG level!

True. The level of detail in this game is insane. I hope this is the first game that is developed on PS4 PRO first to take full advantages of its power and then getting ported to PS4, so we can witness its true potential and not just few improvements from patches like we are getting now.

I'm not sure what your point there is. You said it'd be massively downgraded unless it's ground up on the PS4, and I pointed out why MGS4 was downgraded and why that doesn't make sense for DS. Of course there are going to be visual differences between Pro and standard PS4 games. Especially going forward when games can be built for the Pro first and then downgraded to the standard PS4.

My point too about PS4 platforms future development.

Shredderi

True. The level of detail in this game is insane. I hope this is the first game that is developed on PS4 PRO first to take full advantages of its power and then getting ported to PS4, so we can witness its true potential and not just few improvements from patches like we are getting now.

Yes I would like to see what a game built from the ground up to take advantage of the PRO would look like.

melkier33

I'm starting to wonder if that rainbow is more of a light reflection off the atmosphere of a huge planet that can't really be seen. I'm not really convinced it's just an upside down rainbow.

Shin-Ra

I'm excited what SIE VASG's gonna contribute to Sucker Punch's new game which also has scanned, realistic human characters going by job descriptions.

No? Really? Enjoy your ignorance. As much as you want this one to be a winner it isn't gonna happen. Remember the strong Kojima game that just failed? This is that - just new and bigger and more expensuve. Not enough people care.

You were selfish and precious. & lost.
Wot. 🍌

Memento

Even if it doesnt reach the fidelity of this trailer in-game on PS4, it will on PS5. Lets face it, it will be a cross gen game.

DavidDesu

I'm starting to wonder if that rainbow is more of a light reflection off the atmosphere of a huge planet that can't really be seen. I'm not really convinced it's just an upside down rainbow.

Yeah I thought a planet too. But an upside down rainbow does perfectly work with the concept that we're in an upside down world, in the "heavens" so to speak. I'm thinking that this will have real grounding like all of this is a virtual world, Matrix style or something. I don't think it's just a pure purgatory thing, not in a truly spiritual sense.

So this is apparently running on the updated Sucker Punch engine Decima, that powered Infamous Second Son...?

Game will definitely be a looker, I cannot wait...

Tyaren

That was disturbing...but also very compelling. Let's see if the actual game lives up to the fancy trailers. Was that in-game too by the way? It looked not great enough for CGI but a little too good for PS4 in-game graphics so far.

But why show this already today and not tomorrow on the PSX event for the perfect hype.

PlayerOne

Banned
Paramilitary Sci-fi Action?

Very interesting. Reminds me of Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Appleseed.

The concept is very refreshing in this sea of derivative genres and formulae.

I was thinking it was a circle directly overhead, there's a real phenomenon called a circumzenithal arc that looks similar to that but I've only seen one once and that was in moonlight.

Tovarisc

That was disturbing...but also very compelling. Let's see if the actual game lives up to the fancy trailers. Was that in-game too by the way? It looked not great enough for CGI but a little too good for PS4 in-game graphics so far.

But why show this already today and not tomorrow on the PSX event for the perfect hype.

Kojima and Geoff are friends so his Award Show got some sugar.

I just hope Death Stranding has story that doesn't require you to do acid so it makes any sense.

Edit: I wonder what is up with all WW2 tech and uniforms, but Mads character being from 2000s.

Top Bottom