• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

Yeah.
The Silent Hill pictures where the first thing in my head!
Very similar...

av8zx3q9.jpg

omg the hot dog

This is really pretty amazing stuff. The setting and story concepts set a very intriguing and fucked up place that looks to make a great setting for a video game.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It would be odd to me if they had chosen some random 1st party engine. You'd think they'd need the dedicated technical support that Epic could provide, especially since they're a new startup starting from scratch. I figure either Guerrilla or Sucker Punch would be busy with their own projects.

But hey, what do I know. :p
Look at who the Technical Producer is in the credits.

Mark Cerny.

I have no idea what this game is. It looks both beautiful and weird, as expected from Kojima.

So many details like the character's badge, United Cities of America, his head scar, tons of wires connecting crabs and babies and skeleton soldiers then those creepy hand-prints on the walls.

And the music when the baby is floating in the water. Dooope!

Million dollar question though is how will it PLAY. But from a cinematic standpoint, Kojima's trailers are stunning.

Ombala

Yeah Im not saying this wont look good but I bet we should look at this more like a concept trailer the something that represent how the game actually will look.

I don't care if the game ends up being shit, that trailer is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. It had everything I love. Guillermo Del Toro, Mad, A Lovecraftian vibe that evokes Half Life. An amazing soundtrack fueled by 80s synth.

If that's what the game is going to be then day motherfucking 1!

If anyone is still wondering what the skeletons are (or rather were):
d33569173c7820c76068fe640ca9bdfe.jpg

hmtsvtk4s21y.jpg

They are WWII US paratroopers with M1 Carbines, as they were deployed in Normandy. The tank is most likely a M10 Wolverine and the planes are definitely WWII US Air force as well.

Guyz, we'll have to fight the D-Day Legion of the Dead. Guess hopping into a boat to get away won't be an option :p.

Interfectum

The first half was not technically impressive - there was very little going on with realistic shading and it looked almost amateur, aside from Del Toro's modeling.

The second half was amazing.

Everyone on my b.net friend's list said the first half was amazing too so... I dunno man.

This all looks great, for what it is, and I've loved pretty much all of Kojima's stuff, even ZoE. But, i'd love to get to get some semblance of an idea of what the game is. I don't want another MGS, but it would be a real shame for some of the GOAT gameplay/character control to never make it into another game.

vio

The way faces look, and shaders reminds me of Until Dawn. I would guess it is modified GG engine. If they are using modified engine at all.

jett

D-Member
If anyone is still wondering what the skeletons are (or rather were):
d33569173c7820c76068fe640ca9bdfe.jpg

hmtsvtk4s21y.jpg

They are WWII US paratroopers with M1 Carbines, as they were deployed in Normandy. The tank is most likely a M10 Wolverine and the planes are definitely WWII US Air force as well.

Guyz, we'll have to fight the D-Day Legion of the Dead. Guess hopping into a boad to get away won't be an option :p.

Alternate history WW2 maybe?

9a5c93f013e39fd70ea35fa02a16f9d8815cddd5b491edb7fa64c690649a6150.jpg

Resistance_Fall_of_Man.jpg

Would Sony be cool with that though, it's releasing on PC as well isn't it?

Did Until Dawn and MGS4 (even if it was still under Konami's supervision and not having Sony deeply involved with funds, engine and shooting studio like with Death Stranding) get released anywhere else?
You got your answer.

Top Bottom