• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
sanders could go at hillary like a pitbull to a postmans throat, but he never seems to use that cutting edge or respond well spontaneously. I feel like he does not improv well.

The thing is, Hillary could have killed him on the "not a progressive" thing but held back quite a bit. There was a kill blow moment there, which is why Bernie was sweating when she was giving her answer.

If someone were to go back in time and tell me in the 90s that Hillary would be attacked in this manner, I would've laaaaaaughed with incredulity. It's still remarkable to see.

There is nothing progressive stumping for a bill that removed guaranteed welfare that stood for 60 years.

Belfast

Man, Hillary does this thing where it doesn't matter what she's actually saying, usually when she's not on target and needs to rally the audience regardless, where she slowly raises her voice to shouting level towards the end of her statement. Everyone goes nuts like she's just said something profound.

That shit raises my hackles.

So is Obama a progressive or not...

image.php

VTers are not happy Shumlin, Leahy, Dean, and Welch backed Hillary over Bernie--touting that fact is not going to be super popular...

Ashodin

Man, Hillary does this thing where it doesn't matter what she's actually saying, usually when she's not on target and needs to rally the audience regardless, where she slowly raises her voice to shouting level towards the end of her statement. Everyone goes nuts like she's just said something profound.

That shit raises my hackles.

yeeeeeeep. Getting annoying.

Effect

It does say something when people you work with from your own home state is endorsing the other person. That's not a good look no matter how you spin it.

noshten

Endorsement battles

Clinton uses Governors

Not very effective

Bernie uses individual donations

It's super effective

Except that Hillary's more liberal than Obama. This was true back in 2008 as well.

Yes, the Senator with the 11th most liberal voting record during her time in office is totally not a progressive.
I feel bad for Hillary because she has to fight the perception she isn't. If the voting record did it alone she'd have moved past this already. Unfortunately stuff like super PACs and her Iraq vote always come climbing out of the ground.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 1m1 minute ago
Clinton and Sanders voted together the same way 93% of the time.

Seriously, Bernie this is a bad line of attack. Let it go.

I feel bad for Hillary because she has to fight the perception she isn't. If the voting record did it alone she'd have moved past this already. Unfortunately stuff like super PACs and her Iraq vote always come climbing out of the ground.

Yea, but here we are.

ivysaur12

Banned
VTers are not happy Shumlin, Leahy, Dean, and Welch backed Hillary over Bernie--touting that fact is not going to be super popular...

Shumlin who was just reeleted? Leahy who is one of the most popular politicians in the state? Welsh, who won by over 30% in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom