• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Livestream [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMan

Still no matchmaking for raids? I mean yeah it might be tough to try with randos, but there's no valid excuse for not even making the option available. The process just becomes arduous when you have to use a 3rd party website to find players.

Just fucking ludicrous.

gnTupxM.png

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This is more of a half step than I was hoping for. Congrats to Activision though, they got people hook line and sinker to ride the exact train again, even gave up their characters they spent years with in the process. But hey, clans, a map, and you dont have to go to orbit!

A biiiiiit salty.

Destiny 1 had a good foundation. Idk why some of you thought Bungie was gonna scrap all of that for the sequel. You keep what worked well and you build it up. It seems like some of y'all wanted this to be something else. That something else isn't Destiny. What they're showing now is Destiny.
This x1000

As someone who got burnt out by Destiny after TTK, there's not really a lot here that makes me want to come back aside from the story.

Seems like a lot of great improvements, but not enough to win me back yet.

Maybe Destiny just isn't for you? That's okay it's definitely not for everyone and we all know it's not perfect.

Guided games is a great idea.

Never got into Destiny One, but never understood it fully.

Once I put some time into The Division, I get it now.

So I will jump in headfirst to Destiny 2.

So this played out like I thought it would.

-Game shows off like D1 making almost all D1 players very happy (we just want more)
-People that don't like Destiny think its more of the same boring etc.

I guess they have to announce this stuff but it mostly just highlights how destiny 1 was missing some really basic features

4 planets only, check

One of the locations on Earth is exactly the same as one that was supposed to come out on Destiny 1, check

New guardian supers are completely copies from old ones, check

Graphics look basically the same, check

New planets look a lot like Venus, from Vex to the Guarden, lots of reused textures from Destiny 1, check

DLCs planned with content that was cut out from the original game, check

It's like I'm back on 2014 again.
I mean, I want Destiny 2 to be good, but this is super damning.

Looks my solo planet exploring just got a lot more interesting . Everything else just seems like minor improvements.

I need to know how many strikes / story missions before I buy though .

Z3M0G

4 planets only, check

One of the locations on Earth is exactly the same as one that was supposed to come out on Destiny 1, check

New planets look a lot like Venus, from Vex to the Guarden, lots of reused textures from Destiny 1, check

Let's hope this time they did what they needed to do to be able to add content more easily and more quickly going forward...

Otherwise what was the point... why not have it be a large expansion and allow us to play all the old content...

But it may be more about having freedom with the story.

Theres this cool option for the both of you.

Not playing it.

I know, crazy concept.

Sharing perspectives and thoughts on the reveal shouldn't be something that is only allowed if you are going to be positive. This isn't a marketing forum.

Sounds like plenty of people aren't vibing this - as well as plenty who are.

Your comment does nothing for the conversation. Snark doesn't contribute to a discourse.

4 planets only, check

Crowd: "WOOOOOOOHHH!"

KOHIPEET

4 planets only, check

Yup. Basically this. I'm out.

FyreWulff

Still no matchmaking for raids? I mean yeah it might be tough to try with randos, but there's no valid excuse for not even making the option available. The process just becomes arduous when you have to use a 3rd party website to find players.

Just fucking ludicrous.

nah. even optional affects the design and player attrition.

raid matchmaking is never coming.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"If it wasn't for Destiny, there's no way I could communicate with my younger brother"

Closed out. The crowd cheering absolutely bland statements made me feel like Cthulu was dangling over the building or something.

This looks beyond boring and I fail to see any new aspect to it that isn't just... more maps. What is the big "NEW" here?

Kssio_Aug

Could someone explain me how matchmaking will work this time?

I've struggled to finish Destiny 1 cause there was no matchamaking. People used to tell me "just pop in a thread and ask for a help, you will find someone pretty fast" and I used to stand in the game hub (that city I forgot the name) for hours trying to find someone.

The game plays good. But playing alone is shitty and I don't want to struggle to find people to play with again.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Just fucking ludicrous.

This is pretty much the same thing. You will have no problem finding people now.

You could likely be alone in your Clan, open up a Guided Game and get 5 other people to join.

nowai

The lack of regular raid-matchmaking is still an extreme turnoff to me.

I hate when people say this.

Honest question, have you ever done a raid?

Randoms even struggle with strike advanced mechanics. Randoms in a raid would be straight awful.

This LFG browser is better in every way.

I just feel like a lot of the arguments saying this look bad are being really reductive. Like yeah it looks like it was built on the same foundation of D1, but that was always going to be the case. They have made a lot of improvements around the edges and the worlds seem much bigger and have more to do within them.

And the now proven reliable leak has supported the idea that the story is much longer and there is much more endgame content.

ExVicis

This looks better but I'm seeing a lot of signs of the same rhetoric I heard for Destiny 1.

I'm interested still in seeing if they can improve it but with how much Destiny 1 soured me multiple times I'm going to wait before I put money down for this. I Might wait for whenever all the expansions are out and they do an inevitable "Buy them all and get everything discounted" deal.

oti

Banned
oh my God

apparently Destiny changes lives now

if you play the same game with the same people on a weekly or even daily basis for years? yeah, anything changes lives at that point

why so hostile towards a game that brings people together? we're on GAF

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is largely BS. I really don't understand this level of cynicism.

I dunno if it's largely BS. Graphics are what they are, but the comments about the featuers and worlds seem on point. I'm still taking time off work for the game, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom