• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Livestream [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny 2 comes off to me as what Destiny 1 wanted to be, but couldn't.

Still a ways to go before launch, but I expected more of a jump rather than a continuation.

Anung

Un Rama
Vehicle section? About time. Was kinda of hoping the thing bungee were known for would actually be included in missions.

I don't know man Destiny burnt me a few times so I just can't get too excited.

Cheers to everyone here who has instinctively recognized this appears to be more expansion than sequel.

I imagine most of us will still play it, of course, but . . . yeah.

Look gang, we should all just face the facts. The "games as service" business model is here to stay, which means from here on out with online games like Destiny, sequels will be sequels in name only.

Abounder

Banned
Looks more like a very polished (yet bland) expansion than a sequel. Oh well can't expect that much from a 2-3 year turnaround Bungie project

As someone who never really played Destiny 1, I'm super psyched.

I could see this really bringing in a ton of new players to the series.

People who've already put 300 hours into Destiny 1 and its expansions might be less enthused?

Looking forward to watching this after I get home but the impressions so far are pretty damming. It sounds like they're making a game for the diehards who adored the first one but kind of ignoring those of us who liked D1 but ultimately couldn't deal with the dearth of content and other issues. Like, Clans and Sherpas are great, but there needs to be more than one raid at launch. Full stop. And still the same 3 classes... Guys.

You aren't actually doing the motions though.

It's a semantics argument that's been done a gazillion times on the internet for decades now.

It's not the same as Destiny.
I think the terms you're looking for are action vs. hotbar combat. Destiny and Wow are both real time.

Game looks like a reskin of the first one... I don't know. Hopefully they change my mind but this looks like I'll wait until a sale to buy it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Theres this cool option for the both of you.

Not playing it.

I know, crazy concept.
I'm still theee day 1 as I loved Destiny hell I played on both PS4 and XB1 and I have the Collector's Edition pre ordered , but I'm sure as shit as allowed to voice my fucking concerns. Don't like that? Tough shit.

- 4 planets/regions are brand new
- Not sure how it matters if it never made it past the concept stage for Destiny 1
- Flat out incorrect
- Visible and dramatic lighting improvements pretty much consistently throughout the gameplay demo
- Poster saw Vex architecture and basically said LOL SAME AS VENUS, saw grass and said LOL SAME AS VENUS, neither look like venus. Even if they did reuse textures? Why not? Do you make the same brick texture from scratch for every game you make? Idiotic complaint.
- Poster has yet to come upon the realization that every game has DLC planned before launch but continues to live in the pre-Minecraft illusory world where that is not the case

so not exactly

Thank you.

psyfi

Banned
Everything looks awesome except for the new subclasses. I hope the alternates (there are alternates, right?) are better.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As someone who never really played Destiny 1, I'm super psyched.

I could see this really bringing in a ton of new players to the series.

People who've already put 300 hours into Destiny 1 and its expansions might be less enthused?

300 hours? Who are these noobs :) Real players have topped 1000 hours. Love Destiny. I'll put 1000 hours more into this.

Siege.exe

So if someone has like 3k hours in Destiny 1, and thinks it looks the same, are they also BS or are you so out of touch that you HAVE to be passive aggressive towards other people's opinions?

I like how you aren't saying that to the people suggesting fans of the game are fooling themselves into being excited for this. Fuck off

Tagyhag

Well we'll hear more information about it in an hour or so once first-hand impressions come out.

Specifically the framerate.

LifEndz

Four new planets isn't a negative to me if each planet has more explorable locations than the first. Hell, for all we know one of the new planets could be as big as all the Destiny 1 patrol areas combined.

I genuinely wonder what people were expecting. I was just expecting a better version of Destiny 1, and the QoL changes alone are worth my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom