• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Livestream [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

I hate when people say this.

Honest question, have you ever done a raid?

Randoms even struggle with strike advanced mechanics. Randoms in a raid would be straight awful.

This LFG browser is better in every way.

So let randoms struggle then. It still should be an option. Or do what WoW does and have different raid difficulties. Problem solved.

Destiny 1 had a good foundation. Idk why some of you thought Bungie was gonna scrap all of that for the sequel. You keep what worked well and you build it up. It seems like some of y'all wanted this to be something else. That something else isn't Destiny. What they're showing now is Destiny.

Destiny had a very very bad foundation and did a few things well despite that. Which is why people are cheering that the game structure is not completely fucked this time requiring you to go through 3 loads every time you do something. Oh, and a map.

You aren't actually doing the motions though.

It's a semantics argument that's been done a gazillion times on the internet for decades now.

It's not the same as Destiny.

Uh

You do know that moving constantly and correctly using your skills is a thing in WoW right.

Real time movement.
Real Time skillage.

In fact waiting for a cooldown in WoW before you do something else is novice play.

Its real time. Stop showing your ass and making yourself the fool. The argument was whether WoW is real time gameplay. It is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just started watching. Is all of that true?

4 planets only, check

One of the locations on Earth is exactly the same as one that was supposed to come out on Destiny 1, check

New guardian supers are completely copies from old ones, check

Graphics look basically the same, check

New planets look a lot like Venus, from Vex to the Guarden, lots of reused textures from Destiny 1, check

DLCs planned with content that was cut out from the original game, check

It's like I'm back on 2014 again.
I just started watching. Is all of that true?
- 4 planets/regions are brand new
- Not sure how it matters if it never made it past the concept stage for Destiny 1
- Flat out incorrect
- Visible and dramatic lighting improvements pretty much consistently throughout the gameplay demo
- Poster saw Vex architecture and basically said LOL SAME AS VENUS, saw grass and said LOL SAME AS VENUS, neither look like venus. Even if they did reuse textures? Why not? Do you make the same brick texture from scratch for every game you make? Idiotic complaint.
- Poster has yet to come upon the realization that every game has DLC planned before launch but continues to live in the pre-Minecraft illusory world where that is not the case

so not exactly

Sharing perspectives and thoughts on the reveal shouldn't be something that is only allowed if you are going to be positive. This isn't a marketing forum.

Sounds like plenty of people aren't vibing this - as well as plenty who are.

Your comment does nothing for the conversation. Snark doesn't contribute to a discourse.

To be fair, there's a lot of hyperbole being thrown around in the negative comments. Downplaying of the features or saying features that haven't been confirmed or denied don't exist. The presentation isn't even done yet and neither is the game.

It shouldn't be hard to express negative impressions without resorting to exaggeration.

Really not liking this reveal I hate how games are showcased these days. Can never just come out and show the game always gotta go threw a bunch of crap that I'll never care about. Game looks fine but how it is being revealed is just a mess to me.

Gurrry

This is largely BS. I really don't understand this level of cynicism.

Its children being children.

Whats hilarious is that they all have this option to completely ignore games they dont care about, like a rational person would.

But instead, they spend their time watching a Destiny 2 reveal, posting in a Destiny 2 thread, and wasting their time trying to get others to agree with their incoherent complaints for a game they "dont like".

Siege.exe

This is largely BS. I really don't understand this level of cynicism.

Because everyone who hates Destiny has seen the light and everyone who loves it is a sucker being duped out of their money, because they can't actually like a thing. At least that's the impression I get from most Destiny threads.

Tuning in late. Seeing Lukems on stage as a Game Director is Destiny is a bit surreal when I usually think of him in connection to the hayday of 1UP.

Good for him, he done good. Congrats.

A biiiiiit salty.

Not salty, I'll even play it. Its just clear to me that if you combine this with Destiny 1, you'd have an actual game, instead of this piecemeal nonsense.

There's so much more they could've accomplished with a sequel. If you look at it from a business standpoint though, its genious.

psyfi

Banned
4 planets only, check

One of the locations on Earth is exactly the same as one that was supposed to come out on Destiny 1, check

New guardian supers are completely copies from old ones, check

Graphics look basically the same, check

New planets look a lot like Venus, from Vex to the Guarden, lots of reused textures from Destiny 1, check

DLCs planned with content that was cut out from the original game, check

It's like I'm back on 2014 again.
Most of this is accurate, yeah. But you know what? The game looks fun as hell, and a big improvement of the first game. It's too bad we had to wait till the sequel to get all this, but I'm still excited to jump in.

well yeah, there are some clans like that.

Think Bungie will find ways to quell that though, and that's interesting for me.

They didn't in Destiny 1.

As much as I appreciate the sentiment behind Guided Games, I don't see it working. Most Raid groups I've met would rather not raid at all, rather than show a new guy the ropes.

Even if I spend like 60 hours only in this game it'll be worth it.

I like the improvements they've made, beefed out the content with nothing truly revolutionary but that's ok.

Missed Destiny over the 18 months as a lapsed player.

Izuna

Banned
Because everyone who hates Destiny has seen the light and everyone who loves it is a sucker being duped out of their money, because they can't actually like a thing. At least that's the impression I get from most Destiny threads.

So if someone has like 3k hours in Destiny 1, and thinks it looks the same, are they also BS or are you so out of touch that you HAVE to be passive aggressive towards other people's opinions?

MMOs have a similar problem where anyone whose actually played the game can see the changes as major ones, but if you're not in the know, it just appears to be the same game.

It's an RPG shooter guys, keep expectations in check lol.

Looks alright I guess. Weird to think that a younger generation is as hyped for this as my generation was for Halo.

Poor choice of words "killing themselves to make this game".

Machina

Banned
Most of this is accurate, yeah. But you know what? The game looks fun as hell, and a big improvement of the first game. It's too bad we had to wait till the sequel to get all this, but I'm still excited to jump in.

60 dollars plz, and more if you want the season pass so you actually get the whole game

Disker

Kinda meh, and not really innovating, i think the hype is way to big like in Destiny one again.

New classes are just revamps of already existing one as far as i can see now imo....

Looking forward to it because Destiny one is a great game to play, but i expected a tad more.

cordy

Banned
- 4 planets/regions are brand new
- Not sure how it matters if it never made it past the concept stage for Destiny 1
- Flat out incorrect
- Visible and dramatic lighting improvements pretty much consistently throughout the gameplay demo
- Poster saw Vex architecture and basically said LOL SAME AS VENUS, saw grass and said LOL SAME AS VENUS, neither look liek venus
- Poster has yet to come upon the realization that every game has DLC planned before launch but continues to live in the pre-Minecraft illusory world where that is not the case

so not exactly

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom