• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I disagree, you have to use a lot of ammo to take out the first one and then you are in the line of fire for the second one. Once taking him out you have to make it through a thrall and boomer guantlet (not to mention on the way there) to safety. It's far from cheesing it but it is on the playing scared side of things. I imagine they'll patch it to put a gatekeeper in there or something.

This is my favorite Ogre strat so far. Feels kind of cheesy but works great!

It'll be so dumb if they put a gatekeeper there. Just putting a gatekeeper in places where teams hang out will not be the answer. Then put a gatekeeper in the crystal room as well once you leave the room. It's already crazy as is.

It's far from cheese because you still have to get there without dying and leave without dying. I was watching attempts and people either died there on otw out. I definitely got blasted.

E92 M3

Okay..I wanna try to beat hard Crota again..Anyone down? I have a check point @___@.

UlynPIC.gif

I wish I could :( Play on the bone

Homeboyd

After 2 runs of nothing but shards and energy, crota put out today:

- Raid AR
- Raid Pulse Rifle
- Raid Hand Cannon
- Raid Scout Rifle
- Ice Breaker
- Raid Ship
- 2 Shaders

And yeah, we got that strat down now finally. Will be happy to help if you're on xbone.

Oh yea, I got 2 exotics from the complete hard raid:

Deathsinger - No Land Beyond
crota - Universal Remote

Hahahaha that's just Beyond wrong, RNG. RNG = Remotely Not Good.

E92 M3

I do have to say that the euphoric feeling after killing Crota for the first time is like nothing I ever felt playing a game. It was SO satisfying to accomplish it after all of the frustration. I didn't care if I got 1 ascended shard, just wanted to beat him down.

2real4tv

So what I learned today about Crota HM:
- you only need to be 32 for Crota
- 1st section can be soloed
- Need at least one Warlock to complete bridge section
- hallway and Deathsinger are same as normal.

So what I learned today about Crota HM:
- you only need to be 32 for Crota
- 1st section can be soloed
- Need at least one Warlock to complete bridge section
- hallway and Deathsinger are same as normal.

Not true about 32. I was a 31 a couple of times on accident yesterday, and it still only took 3 ghorn shots to take down Crota and I survived the whole time with no health regen. Boomers shot hurts more but I learned their pattern and best way to avoid them. They start shooting after the first couple run from middle to left/right room. You delay slightly for their 4 shots if you're not first then charge in. But 32 is definitely the safest.

Friggin sweet!!! Just got the CE Pulse Rifle and AR in one run on my titan. Warlock didn't get snot. I'm done with Hard Mode until HoW gear drops Level 33+ armor.

Mindlog

Took about 1 hour 45 minutes.
Almost took 20 minutes. So close.
Also, we cleared it with a 31 on the team.

Coyquettish had the clutchest move I've yet seen in Crota's End. Thanks for that. It was goddamned great :]
Got the Pulse Rifle and a second Abyss Defiant. Nice.
I pulled a Dhruv. Shot myself in the face with the Horn.
I did that to myself in a stretch of really bad runs. Switched away from it and realized that wouldn't work. Made up and a few runs later we killed Crota.

Coyquettish had the clutchest move I've yet seen in Crota's End. Thanks for that. It was goddamned great :]

I did that to myself in a stretch of really bad runs. Switched away from it and realized that wouldn't work. Made up and a few runs later we killed Crota.

Damn nice!

coy

I aim to please.

Yea I saw someone walk in front of Kadey a few attempts ago just shortly before she fired. 1st person that gets ready has to go right more and next person to their left and so forth so nobody walks in front. Scary. But awesome strat on bubbles and swapping out ruin wings/saint

Coyquettish is straight up clutch city.

coy

Hahaha what happened? Got beedyo?
I hope not lol.

On the bridge portion, I cross and hide til the adds despawn. Once they did, I went into position to the hiding spot but actually leapt straight off the platform. I cannot explain the dumbness of that.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I did a couple other dumb things but I'm pretty sure this was it. And I'm sober.

Top Bottom