• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Mindlog

Anyone doing normal CE? Or have gorgon checkpoint got VoG? Or are interested in doing heroic?

PSN:SEBattleship
I'll open up my Gorgon Hard Mode check point real quick. Free Gorgon Hard Chest.
Notice you on my FL. Sending invite.
I realize it's currently a Crota-fest, but anyone up for the weekly or Nightfall?
If you want to bring your fireteam to Vault of Glass real quick for free loot it's no problem.

W1SSY

I'll open up my Gorgon Hard Mode check point real quick. Free Gorgon Hard Chest.
Notice you on my FL. Sending invite.

If you want to bring your fireteam to Vault of Glass real quick for free loot it's no problem.

Can I grab the checkpoint real fast? PSN w1ssy

Hi guys I'm thinking to give destiny another chance. I think I'm lvl 23, how is the loot now .it is easier to get till lvl 30 without having the dlc? I really whant to play the Crota raid or the other one.

Rubenov

Farming orbs at the beginning of the Crota encounter is really useful, as when you run back inside there are orbs lying there that replenish your health / supers.

Also, right tower bottom room works perfectly for getting rid of the ogres.

Born2Live

Ahh feels so good to finally kill Crota after hours upon hours!!! Got the shader and Word of Crota.

Obligatory team pic:

REJOICE INDEED!!! 2:30 AM BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!

Can I join the helmet-club thing, tho?

Word of Crota is mine wooooo. Love that group picture, perfect. 4:30 here and it diffidently worth it, I'm actually jealous that some of you are running it again, good luck.

Got to say playing with this group is an example of what makes this community so good. The level of patience to overcome glitches and silly deaths is admirable. For the whole 3 hours it was all so relaxed and lighthearted, it was actually fun!

lt519

This is my favorite Ogre strat so far. Feels kind of cheesy but works great!

I disagree, you have to use a lot of ammo to take out the first one and then you are in the line of fire for the second one. Once taking him out you have to make it through a thrall and boomer guantlet (not to mention on the way there) to safety. It's far from cheesing it but it is on the playing scared side of things. I imagine they'll patch it to put a gatekeeper in there or something.

hydruxo

I disagree, you have to use a lot of ammo to take out the first one and then you are in the line of fire for the second one. Once taking him out you have to make it through a thrall and boomer guantlet (not to mention on the way there) to safety. It's far from cheesing it but it is on the playing scared side of things. I imagine they'll patch it to put a gatekeeper in there or something.

We did the same thing they did but on the left Tower bottom floor and we just hopped up above the spawn doors. When the ogre came out on our side we stunned him with a suppression grenade and DPS'ed him until he died, then hopped down and popped a BoL bubble inside and take out the other ogre across the map. Works great, and if everyone is focusing on him then you don't really use that much ammo.

rNilla

Sure, but sitting atop his spawn to ambush him is kind of cheesy. Every step you take out of the crystal room is risky.

Mindlog

Sure, but sitting atop his spawn to ambush him is kind of cheesy. Every step you take out of the crystal room is risky.
It's payback for the Knigts coming into the Crystal spawn room.
I like the strategy. Very safe and just subject to standard bugs and execution.

Still reminds me that I hate the Gatekeeper. Bordering on loathing really.
Hope it has something to do with the Crux of Crota. Something of substance.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Congrats to all those who got their first Atheon kill tonight!

my favorite is Destiny |OT17|

especially because the halo OTs mysteriously skip a number for reasons known only to those who would follow the threads as well. But if it gets picked you have to promise that the next one is just Destiny |OT17| WhateveryoupickforOT17name.

this will be like buying vendor gear when house of wolves comes out.

2nd Crota down for the night and this level 16 Warlock chest makes me glow like a glow stick.

15725600813_d8b0550774_b.jpg

16344658252_a21dc2f5f2_b.jpg

timmy

especially because the halo OTs mysteriously skip a number for reasons known only to those who would follow the threads as well. But if it gets picked you have to promise that the next one is just Destiny |OT17| WhateveryoupickforOT17name.

Thank you sir! It was really fun to finally see it.

Edit: and it was me that got the ice breaker. Had it equipped though, so it went to my lost items. :)

Hawkian! I actually signed up for this site because of your posts in the Destiny OTs (that's not weird). Your input has been invaluable. Also, you are Michael Cera.

grief

Thanks a lot for shepherding us, so long as I can avoid getting disoriented like I did repeatedly tonight I think I'm capable of doing it with randoms and helping others!

I'll come along for Crota next week if 30 is an acceptable level to do it at and if there's room of course.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian! I actually signed up for this site because of your posts in the Destiny OTs (that's not weird). Your input has been invaluable. Also, you are Michael Cera.
Awesome... How long did it take your account to get verified? And thank you. And sort of thank you.
Didn't'the feel that way to me, but I appreciate it. :)
The main thing is that you really always want to just be super aggressive with it. be the wrecking machine. The mobs may hurt you to within an inch of your life, as long they're just all dead before you...

Top Bottom