• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

hydruxo

Hydro!! Shit shit shit power outage in the middle of Crota run

I was just starting to get the hang of Sword. Second time this happens in like the past 2 months!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Hahaha damn I was wondering what happened, can you get back on or no?

traveler

Not Wario
Anyone else need to run the Thorn bounty to kill Xyor? Got the bounty for the weapon this morning and spent the rest of the day knocking out the parts leading up to it. I might give it a solo try but I don't really have the gear for it I think.

hydruxo

Any expert sword bearers want to hop in and help take down Crota on normal mode for us? I'd do it but I'm on my titan and I'm not used to using him for the sword, usually use my hunter

Hey they made it all the way to phogoth as a duo. Super Comms12389 popped on to witness the kill.

Josh got Unwilling Soul. I remember Hawkian running around with that thing. Lol

He unlocked full auto on the raid Pulse Rifle too so he's happy

Looks like dead orbit bribed someone. Nathan got one of their rocket launchers. Arc tracking, so that's actually a good thing. I'll have to check out the other perks.

Anyway, Josh was on point. Didn't do one revive without going invisible, no matter how safe it may have looked. True nightfall pro.

Ambitious

Could an experienced level 32 swordbearer please help us out? Stuck at Crota since about an hour, and we're down to five now. Normal mode.
Please be so kind to join the AchieveTrophies GAF clan too; we're trying to get the Raiding Party trophy.

PSN: ps_flocki

phen0m24

Looks like dead orbit bribed someone. Nathan got one of their rocket launchers. Arc tracking, so that's actually a good thing. I'll have to check out the other perks.

Anyway, Josh was on point. Didn't do one revive without going invisible, no matter how safe it may have looked. True nightfall pro.

:)

He's already at phogoth again with Vibrations. :)

Loves the Pulse Rifle

Somewhere Nami is cringing

E92 M3

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

What a fucking great post! If only Bungie always updated us like that. This raises my spirits so much about the game. It's funny, I was just listening to a 1UP Yours episode today and Luke was being on point.

Agreed on both counts, Kadey.

As a player, I feel pretty good about the drops that come out of Crota's End.

The drops are just right. It's not frustrating (still no Fatebringer after months).

grief

:)
Hey if you leave the Shrieker alone it eventually despawns. ;)

Learn something new everyday, I couldn't hear if that was being said over the mic. I really gotta get good headphones for playing this game.

Also, WOOO HAWKMOON THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP

E92 M3

What a fucking great post! If only Bungie always updated us like that. This raises my spirits so much about the game. It's funny, I was just listening to a 1UP Yours episode today and Luke was being on point.

The drops are just right. It's not frustrating (still no Fatebringer after months).
Yeah, this was an excellent post by Luke. So, Luke usurp Deej for Weekly Updates? >:)

SkylineRKR

So this was my first time as SC on Heroic. And I had a bad connection to the server, lag was a slight issue.

I got too carried away though and forgot I already did 8 or 9 R2's during my first sword run. So he enraged but had enough time to down him a third time and deliver a final strike on him on just my second sword.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We had the gatekeeper commit suicide by walking off a cliff.

And I am totally using Fatebringer to clear ads after Deathsinger on hard. Only one other person alive.

EL CUCO

It always looks so easy...when someone else is running it. Nice job.
Thanks. took me a few wipes back in Normal to finally get the hang of it. I used to have trouble with jumping on to the chalice table
-_-

I still miss certain jumps, even without the sword...just try not to panic and recover as best you could. It helps to have a patient fireteam. While you're on patrol, use those Blades of Crotas to practice with it as well.

The more you use it, the quicker you'll get used to it. Before you know, it'll become second nature to you.

Top Bottom