• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided PC Specs & Preload Info

Rarius

You just never know with these recommended requirements really.

The game runs horribly on a recommended GPUs (yeah, min 45 FPS is not good in my opinion). Damn, I can't even get stable 60 FPS in 1080p with my OC 1070 for Christ's sake with FPS drops to goddamn 40s at times and this game is not even using any NVIDIA or AMD tech.

I'm just saying...

GTX1080 and i76700k here, Hitman runs like ass randomly

Simo

Can't wait for my PS4 preload. I've been looking forward to this for awhile now. lol

Review embargo seems to be up next Friday, August 19th too.

dr_rus

Recommending more RAM makes sense to me, if the game as implemented can actually use it for caching or similar purposes.

Anyway, looking at this I expect it to run well at 1440p. Maybe some downsampling.

It's AMD's Gaming Evolved title. I will expect it to run like utter shit on NV h/w until benchmarks will prove me wrong.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Finally happy to see the specs. Looks like I'm covered for the Recommended. 16 GB of RAM seems higher than I'm used to seeing, so hopefully they use it. I want this to be good.

Just look at these Hitman's recommended requirements for example and this:

DX11
hit_1920.jpg

DX12
hit_1920_12.jpg

The game runs horribly on a recommended GPUs (yeah, min 45 FPS is not good in my opinion). Damn, I can't even get stable 60 FPS in 1080p with my OC 1070 for Christ's sake with FPS drops to goddamn 40s at times and this game is not even using any NVIDIA or AMD tech.

I'm just saying...

*barf*

It's like... DX12 was supposed to be the Second Coming of Christ, but so far every AAA implementation of it has proved disastrous.

All hail our new Vulkan overlords.

Really hoping that the 980 Ti will do well with this. It's my most awaited game of the year and I never asked for that delay from February till now. Would suck if AMD promos meant making the game run like shit on Nvidia.

Any details of additional online requirements/DRM besides Steam's own?

I think it has Denuvo. The guy who just recently found that bypass thing for Denuvo said he is going to attack denuvo servers on mankind divideds release date and make the game unplayable because people wont be able to get the authentication check.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think it has Denuvo. The guy who just recently found that bypass thing for Denuvo said he is going to attack denuvo servers on mankind divideds release date and make the game unplayable because people wont be able to get the authentication check.

What a sad little man

Xyber

Just look at these Hitman's recommended requirements for example and this:

DX11
hit_1920.jpg

DX12
hit_1920_12.jpg

I'm just saying...

Recommended does not mean being able to run the game maxed out at 60fps though. Don't know why you are thinking that.

Heck, recommended doesn't really mean much at all unless it specifically says what settings and performance you should expect. It just means you will have a good experience at high settings (not maxed) with those components.

Nzyme32

Recommended does not mean being able to run the game maxed out at 60fps though. Don't know why you are thinking that.

This seems to be a running theme with some people. Recommended has never meant some specific spec and is completely variable between whatever developers decide. Comparing Hitman and Deus Ex isn't going to accomplish anything, same as always. Wait till the game comes out and work it out then.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It's AMD's Gaming Evolved title. I will expect it to run like utter shit on NV h/w until benchmarks will prove me wrong.
My thoughts exactly.

Because 1080p is really not that demanding anymore (except very few games)?

Xyber said:
Heck, recommended doesn't really mean much at all unless it specifically says what settings and performance you should expect. It just means you will have a good experience at high settings (not maxed) with those components.
WTF man? Since when 13-15 (20-26) FPS on a recommended GPU in 1080p started to become a good experience?

*barf*

It's like... DX12 was supposed to be the Second Coming of Christ, but so far every AAA implementation of it has proved disastrous.

All hail our new Vulkan overlords.
I wish that more devs began to support Vulkan API and I hope DXMD will receive Vulkan update at some point, but chances for this are very slim at best.

[HP]

Yeah. All seems pretty reasonable thus far and good spacing for the Pre-load. Want info on 21:9, and hopefully some kind of new implementation of that weird sneaking movement system, and the annoying black screen pre-animation for take downs

I played the most recent PC build at e3 and I can confirm the black screen is gone.

Nzyme32

[HP];213267792 said:
I played the most recent PC build at e3 and I can confirm the black screen is gone.

That doesn't appear to be the case after E3, where it's been reported as still being there

Deadbeat

Banned
Which bypass thing, the temp one or the working one? Cause Tomb Raider is fully cracked now by someone else.

Well I am sure excited to not being able to play the game on release. Woohoo.

Xyber

My thoughts exactly.

Because 1080p is really not that demanding right now?

WTF man? Since when 13-15 (20-26) FPS on a recommended GPU in 1080p started to become a good experience?

I know this can seem hard to understand, but graphics technology improves and gets more demanding, even at 1080p. Shocking, I know. Resolution isn't everything.

The 770 in those Hitman benchmarks was never supposed to run the game maxed out at a good framerate. That is not what the recommended specs were referring to.

dr_rus

I wish that more devs began to support Vulkan API and I hope DXMD will receive Vulkan update at some point, but chances for this are very slim at best.
I don't see how Vulkan is any different to DX12. The running assumption that it is stem from the fact that AMD's OpenGL is in an awful state while their DX11 is just mediocre.

Raven77

My God I can't believe this comes out in like 1.5 weeks...

I really need to get my ass in gear and build my new PC...

Zeneric

Waiting for benchmarks before I get excited (using a 970).

edit:
Good thing I went for 16GB of RAM instead of 8.

Thank god i went for 16GB in my newest build. People thought i was crazy when I said RAM and VRAM requirements were going to jump soonish

Hoping to get above 100FPS on high with my 1080.

Mifec

Which bypass thing, the temp one or the working one? Cause Tomb Raider is fully cracked now by someone else.

Well I am sure excited to not being able to play the game on release. Woohoo.

The bypass guy, here is what he said.

pa3n7hb4nlex.png

I don't see how Vulkan is any different to DX12. The running assumption that it is stem from the fact that AMD's OpenGL is in an awful state while their DX11 is just mediocre.

DOOM has had amazingly improved framerates with Vulkan.

Meanwhile, every game with DX12 has performed noticeably worse than with other DirectX versions, with no word on improving the API from Microsoft, just PR BS from MS and Nvidia to the tune of "X is not a good indicator of DX12 performance."

Oh yeah and any dev that uses DX12 is just playing in to Microsoft's Embrace Extend Extinguish strategy.

Definitely holding off a purchase until things like that are clarified.

Durante

I was about to say that. It seems like people have settled on some kind of narrative where Vulkan is more performant than DX12 based on a sample size of 1 (or rather, 0.5 really).

Vulkan is preferable to DX12 for many reasons, but offering significantly better performance isn't one of them.

Top Bottom