• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided PC Specs & Preload Info

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Welp, just above minimum with my 280X. Granted the 7870 might be minimum due to 2gB of VRAM. CPU wise I'm solidly between min and req at least. Never stops amusing me how my CPU is outgrowing my GPU as games become better at multithreading though.

SlickVic

I think this game may finally be the one that forces me to upgrade. I have an 860m laptop that has been fine for most of my needs, and even runs recent games like The Witcher 3 remarkably well, but I feel like I'm starting to get to the point where I keep moving closer to the line of minimum specs. I haven't caught the 1440 or 4K bug yet, but I'd love to be able to max out upcoming and recent games at 1080p with a solid 60fps at least.

I was about to say that. It seems like people have settled on some kind of narrative where Vulkan is more performant than DX12 based on a sample size of 1 (or rather, 0.5 really).

Vulkan is preferable to DX12 for many reasons, but offering significantly better performance isn't one of them.

well on AMD vulkan offers shader intristics and specific low level extensions not available in dx12. not all of them will be coming with sm 6.0 either which isnt available yet regardless

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Ashes and Warhammer run fine on Nvidia hardware. The performance advantage for Radeon with Hitman isn't any more egregious than it is for Geforce with Tomb Raider:

index.php
index.php
These are just average FPS, min FPS in much lower for both NVIDIA and AMD and min FPS is much more important. Both of these games are very unstable and can't sustain solid 60 FPS most of the time even in 1080p with everything maxed using single GPU (not to mention 1440p). The one and only thing you can do to fix this "Fuck those with single GPUs" shit it is to use SLI - x2 980Ti's and maybe x2 390X's and it's only for 1080p 60.

Bolivar687 said:
AMD already had two advantages going into 2016 - 1) the console monopoly now paying off as the development cycle matured and 2) the much improved driver support under the newly formed Radeon Technologies Group. With both these factors in play, it shouldn't then be controversial when Radeon shines in the titles they themselves paid to sponsor. The Vulkan and DX12 advantage might seem unfair but they pioneered low level APIs with Mantle, so it's not really a conspiracy that they're further ahead in that department as well.
Yeah, AMD has started to become great again (it took them almost 10 years) and it is a good thing.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, will this be a dx12 title?

I'll be preloading as I did with DX:HR. I remember being in the official thread of that game until the it unlocked at 12am.

Looking good,hoping it's a great port on PC.Played the the last Deus Ex on Wii U,so I'm looking for a nice graphical bump with this

jonno394

i5 4670k (OC to 4.2ghz)/8GB RAM/Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1

I think I should be able to run it on decent settings (I hope). Been toying with the idea of 16GB ram but don't think I really need it.

ISee

i5 4670k (OC to 4.2ghz)/8GB RAM/Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1

I think I should be able to run it on decent settings (I hope). Been toying with the idea of 16GB ram but don't think I really need it.

If you're still on 8gb ddr3 1333 mhz ram (or similar) this might be a good opportunity to get 16gb ddr3 2400 mhz ram (or better). Ram speed seems to help in cpu heavy load situations in many games.

xVodevil

So excited! The legendary 2500K still holds up, and I don't mind that I didn't jump the 1070 train stupidly, that 970 will do it's job good enough till Volta, and I still haven't seen a game, that uses that much RAM, when you don't run everything else in the background...

Soodanim

4690k, 970, 8GB RAM.

Maybe I'll have to turn down settings, maybe I'll have to overclock. I want 60fps as a minimum though.

If you're still on 8gb ddr3 1333 mhz ram (or similar) this might be a good opportunity to get 16gb ddr3 2400 mhz ram (or better). Ram speed seems to help in cpu heavy load situations in many games.

Interesting. How much is one of those rams nowadays?

My setup is still a couple of 4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram. It's been years...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not looking forward to the game as much as I thought I would be, but I'll definitely give it a fair shake and make the PC perf. thread.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Heck yeah, I meet the minimum specs with my i3-2100 and 960 GTX, which means at 1680x1050 res I could probably bet on comfortably playing with medium/high settings.

Nzyme32

I'm not looking forward to the game as much as I thought I would be, but I'll definitely give it a fair shake and make the PC perf. thread.

Feel the same. I think it comes down to understanding my lofty hopes for the series will never be met; I won't get that same awe I had with OG Deus Ex in its day. Still looking forward to playing and hoping it improves over where they were going with HR, which was good, but not as wide ranging and variable as I wanted

Pixieking

Banned
Anyone got any info on when GMG will get and release keys? Really hyped for this, but my internet connection sucks, so will take me a day or so to preload (unless it's heavily compressed).

RAM is dirt cheap these days. I got a pretty nice deal when buying my processor, 16gb ddr3 1600mhz + I7 4790 for 300usd, which is pretty cheap here in Chile.

If I was able to run HR on High, would I be able to run this okay? Or at least on lowest settings?

I'm on a laptop. Was able to play MGS V on low/medium and Elite Dangerous on high

Trace

Banned
If I was able to run HR on High, would I be able to run this okay? Or at least on lowest settings?

I'm on a laptop. Was able to play MGS V on low/medium and Elite Dangerous on high

Can you type "Device Manager" into your start menu search, click on it, and tell me what it lists under "Display Adapters"?

JBwB

I highly doubt this will have an SLI profile at release. Not sure whether I want to play this using half a 690.

Thankfully I'll be done with this nonsense once I get my hands on a 1070 / 1080.

Trace

Banned
Couldn't find that, but here are specs from DxDiag
Windows 8.1 64-bit, Intel i5, Intel HD 5500, DirectX 11, 8060MB RAM

Based on those specs, I'd be surprised if it ran well at all even on lowest. Really it depends on what their definition of "minimum specs" are though. The minimum graphics card is much more powerful than yours, but it depends if that's truly the minimum for a 30 fps/720p with everything on low, or if that's more of a 30fps/1080p with some mediums.

Hard to guess really, I'd recommend you wait and see what the PC performance is before buying it.

Based on those specs, I'd be surprised if it ran well at all even on lowest. Really it depends on what their definition of "minimum specs" are though. The minimum graphics card is much more powerful than yours, but it depends if that's truly the minimum for a 30 fps/720p with everything on low, or if that's more of a 30fps/1080p with some mediums.

Hard to guess really, I'd recommend you wait and see what the PC performance is before buying it.
For me 15-20 FPS is fine, but yeah I'll probably just wait. Hopefully it's well optimized

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Feel the same. I think it comes down to understanding my lofty hopes for the series will never be met; I won't get that same awe I had with OG Deus Ex in its day. Still looking forward to playing and hoping it improves over where they were going with HR, which was good, but not as wide ranging and variable as I wanted

Honestly, I think I've just overdosed on The Witcher 3 (main campaign -> Hearts of Stone -> about two-thirds of Blood & Wine) and now "Playing a game" is synonymous with "Laborious task".

I wonder why. Could it be something DX12 related? (Seeing as how W7 is listed as minimum and W10 as recommended.)

Keep in mind that 16GB being recommended doesn't mean the game literally needs ~16GB of RAM to itself to run smoothly. It's not terribly surprising that 8GB (around 7GB in practice) isn't enough for longer play sessions in a modern AAA game.

drotahorror

I know this game isn't a straight up shooter but it seems like you can play that way. Are there any videos that show the gunplay well? All I've seen in terms of the gunplay seems really lacking. I really wanted to check this out but the gunplay is putting me off.

SlickVic

For me 15-20 FPS is fine, but yeah I'll probably just wait. Hopefully it's well optimized

Best thing to do probably would be to buy it on Steam, play it for 90-100 minutes or so (whatever they allow for a refund), and if the performance is subpar just request a refund. Since it's so rare to get demos of games nowadays that's really the next best option.

Top Bottom