• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided PC Specs & Preload Info

Well it's been 5 years since Human Revolution and a new console generation in between. Not too surprising that graphics specs have changed quite a bit since then.

HR released towards the end of its gen, when PCs were generally running circles around every port.

Hm, I guess, it just feels so weird to have the same card go from being able to max to not even minimum in 1/2 a decade.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Hm, I guess, it just feels so weird to have the same card go from being able to max to not even minimum in 1/2 a decade.

Not weird at all unless you are newish to PC gaming. The last console gen was super long which helped extend the viablity of some cards, but before that you'd see your GPU out of date and running medium low settings within a 2 year span. The jump from the Gefore 2 to 3 was INSANE. 3 to 4 was just as crazy. The 9800pro generation completely and utterly destroyed the cards before it. All that happened within a 4 year stretch.

I remeber the 8800gtx being a work horse that lasted, and now the 7 series has been a work horse for a lot of people.

dr_rus

Why narrative like this is laughed at and everyone crawls out of woodwork to come up with stuff like "AMD drivers just suck ass!" when AMD users have concerns over NV massaged game(s), but now everyone seems to be silently nodding and agreeing?
Because recent times have shown that "NV massaged games" tend to work fine on AMD h/w while "AMD massaged games" constantly work like crap on NV's. And you can't put DX12 issues on drivers while in AMD's case the drivers do suck most of the time when there's a performance deficit in DX11/OGL.

Tovarisc

Because recent times have shown that "NV massaged games" tend to work fine on AMD h/w while "AMD massaged games" constantly work like crap on NV's. And you can't put DX12 issues on drivers while in AMD's case the drivers do suck most of the time when there's a performance deficit in DX11/OGL.

Constantly? I'm actually curious what titles have been under AMD's "flag" lately? DOOM performs better on NV HW, BFront is pretty much same for both camps just like BF1 Alpha and Hitman. Those are only IP's that I can quickly think as AMD ones, not 100% sure about DOOM.

Tovarisc

So if I have 8gb of ram it's time to upgrade? what kind of issues could it possibly cause?

Longer loading times most likely, maybe drop of 1-2FPS every now and then if stuff needs to be shuffled in and out of memory mid-level, but that is unlikely. That said there really is no reason not to have 16GB now days.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Longer loading times most likely, maybe drop of 1-2FPS every now and then if stuff needs to be shuffled in and out of memory mid-level, but that is unlikely. That said there really is no reason not to have 16GB now days.

A lot of us are stuck between upgrade cycles like me. We have 2500/2600k's and buying 8 gigs of ram now almost feels like a waste knowing we are approaching end of life on our processors, as an upgrade moves us to ddr4. So it's either spend now to buy your self a little more time or save up and for a full system upgrade.

Yeah I built my system back in 2010 or so and just went with 8GB. Ive put a new graphics card in since but never ram. seems like a cheap $40 upgrade, might as well.
I am glad I splurged a little more on the i7-2700k instead of going with the 2500k that was the norm then. It's still very close to recommended spec on this game, since the 3770 is only 5% or so faster from what I could see.

Oxn

A lot of us are stuck between upgrade cycles like me. We have 2500/2600k's and buying 8 gigs of ram now almost feels like a waste knowing we are approaching end of life on our processors, as an upgrade moves us to ddr4. So it's either spend now to buy your self a little more time or save up and for a full system upgrade.

Stop getting played.

Tovarisc

True. 2500K has been insane workhorse and still seems to be kicking quite strongly. I guess one has to ponder how much longer one is going to still stick to that trusty horse, if going for few more years then putting that 40-50 down for extra 8GB of RAM could be good play. If one knows to be upgrading soon into Skylake or such then should keep that 40-50 towards all new rig with DDR4's.

Stop getting played.

?

True. 2500K has been insane workhorse and still seems to be kicking quite strongly. I guess one has to ponder how much longer one is going to still stick to that trusty horse, if going for few more years then putting that 40-50 down for extra 8GB of RAM could be good play. If one knows to be upgrading soon into Skylake or such then should keep that 40-50 towards all new rig with DDR4's.

?

You've got to wonder how having both Microsoft and Sony upgrade their hardware mid cycle is going to affect PC ports this gen. I thinking we won't see too much of a spec requirement increase, but you never know. I have a GTX 970, 16 DDR3, and an i5 GB 4460 so I think I'll be good for a while yet. I think I will upgrade to a GTX 1070 at some point, just seeing how my 970 will handle games over the coming couple of months.

Bolivar687

Banned
Review embargo is August 18 or 19th btw.

Thats a good sign!

You've got to wonder how having both Microsoft and Sony upgrade their hardware mid cycle is going to affect PC ports this gen. I thinking we won't see too much of a spec requirement increase, but you never know. I have a GTX 970, 16 DDR3, and an i5 GB 4460 so I think I'll be good for a while yet. I think I will upgrade to a GTX 1070 at some point, just seeing how my 970 will handle games over the coming couple of months.

I imagine mid-high end cards will be pushed a bit more as opposed to just demolishing everything at the back half of the cycle.

Can't decide whether to buy this on my PC (with an nvidia 760 4gb) or just grab it on PS4/Xbox One. I'll probably just get it on console for now and grab it on PC later.

H3xum

This is going to be my first game on my 2nd class new pc

6600 and 1060

couldn't financially come to terms with 6700+ and 1070+, i just want the neo, scorpio and NX too

dr_rus

Constantly? I'm actually curious what titles have been under AMD's "flag" lately? DOOM performs better on NV HW, BFront is pretty much same for both camps just like BF1 Alpha and Hitman. Those are only IP's that I can quickly think as AMD ones, not 100% sure about DOOM.

Google is your friend. Doom isn't an AMD title while SWBF is and it does perform slightly worse than expected on NV. Hitman is a dumpster fire on NV h/w with its DX12 crashes and bad performance in any API.
TWW is turning from running great in DX11 to running bad in DX12 on NV under AMD's supervision. I fully expect the same to happen with Civ VI now which is also and AMD game.
AotS you can check out how's running in benchmarks. They still don't support async compute on Pascal after they've said so many words on how important it is for them.

Thankfully there aren't a lot of AMD sponsored games out there as their financial situation doesn't allow them to have more than a handful of these each year. But if you compare the results to NV's titles then you'll see why NV users may be concerned about AMD's meddling. Out of recent NV sponsored titles I can't think of even one which would run badly on AMD h/w. The last one was FO4 but even that was fixed with patches by the end of the year (and it relied on heavy tessellation which is a known h/w issue of Radeons). The Division and BlOps3 are running better on AMD h/w even though they are NV's titles. So is XCOM2. RoTTR is fine in DX11 on AMD and was patched to a relatively good state in DX12 recently.

When it comes to providing any kind of example of an NV game which is running badly on AMD h/w it's usually PCARS (year old game) or something even older than that. The situation have changed recently as most games are being optimized for AMD by default because they need to run on modern consoles. It's NV now who require special care from developers and it's very easy for AMD to disrupt this care in their titles.

Bolivar687

Banned
Google is your friend. Doom isn't an AMD title while SWBF is and it does perform slightly worse than expected on NV. Hitman is a dumpster fire on NV h/w with its DX12 crashes and bad performance in any API.
TWW is turning from running great in DX11 to running bad in DX12 on NV under AMD's supervision. I fully expect the same to happen with Civ VI now which is also and AMD game.
AotS you can check out how's running in benchmarks. They still don't support async compute on Pascal after they've said so many words on how important it is for them.

Thankfully there aren't a lot of AMD sponsored games out there as their financial situation doesn't allow them to have more than a handful of these each year. But if you compare the results to NV's titles then you'll see why NV users may be concerned about AMD's meddling. Out of recent NV sponsored titles I can't think of even one which would run badly on AMD h/w. The last one was FO4 but even that was fixed with patches by the end of the year (and it relied on heavy tessellation which is a known h/w issue of Radeons). The Division and BlOps3 are running better on AMD h/w even though they are NV's titles. So is XCOM2. RoTTR is fine in DX11 on AMD and was patched to a relatively good state in DX12 recently.

When it comes to providing any kind of example of an NV game which is running badly on AMD h/w it's usually PCARS (year old game) or something even older than that. The situation have changed recently as most games are being optimized for AMD by default because they need to run on modern consoles. It's NV now who require special care from developers and it's very easy for AMD to disrupt this care in their titles.

Ashes and Warhammer run fine on Nvidia hardware. The performance advantage for Radeon with Hitman isn't any more egregious than it is for Geforce with Tomb Raider:

index.php

index.php

AMD already had two advantages going into 2016 - 1) the console monopoly now paying off as the development cycle matured and 2) the much improved driver support under the newly formed Radeon Technologies Group. With both these factors in play, it shouldn't then be controversial when Radeon shines in the titles they themselves paid to sponsor. The Vulkan and DX12 advantage might seem unfair but they pioneered low level APIs with Mantle, so it's not really a conspiracy that they're further ahead in that department as well.

The community laughed at AMD for the console contracts and Mantle in 2013 but now want to claim sabotage when all these separate efforts are finally coming together. Nvidia is back on top with Pascal, I just don't see a crisis now that AMD finally started locking down partnerships again in 2016.

Banned
Tons of games recommend 16GB of ram but I only have 12. Hasn't been an issue at 1440p60 yet for me. Maybe they're being conservative?

Mifec

Excuse my ignorance on the DRM scene but why is Denuvo bad? I understand people actively dislike DRM but I constantly see hate for Denuvo.

It's hard to mod for and if the servers are down it can't authenticate you(never happened yet but still) and it needs to call home so people can't play offline after a few days if they're traveling or whatever. All of this makes it look bleak should denuovo ever go down and not keep it's servers up.

?

I have a PC with an i7-920 that still kicks ass today. 2500k will still be fine for quite a while.

poodaddy

How would a R9380 4gb deal with this? Kinda regret buying this card, but im stuck with it for a while.
Dude your card should be just fine for this game at 1080p. There's nothing wrong with that card. Hell since it's a game that prefers AMD over Nvidia hardware Ill bet your performance might approach or even beat my 980 ti's. Not for sure on that obviously but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Top Bottom