• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Face-Off: Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Xbox One trumps PS4

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I can't tell if people in this thread claiming this is evidence of Xbox 1's superior hardware are trolling or not.

Sadly, I don't think they are. :/

I can't tell if people in this thread claiming this is evidence of Xbox 1's superior hardware are trolling or not.

Oh, come on. Half this thread is in jest.

No one thinks Xbox One has the superior hardware by this point.

DrkSage

I believe that all the "ps4 is weak" "gaps been closed" and "Xbox is superior" post are sarcasm. Everyone in this thread making those kind of post are joking, but if someone's actually serious they must be very delusional.

Kayant

Penello and MisterXMedia are like........

4n0YXh.jpg

I knew that post Penello made on misterxmedia's post last year was real
/s

Well this is a strange outcome... I guess this is what GPUlover was talking about.
That 2.6 TFs

Don't know what you mean.
Seems like Microsoft finally unlocked the hidden GPU in he Xbox One's external power-supply. And as you can see, the gap has been closed. The Xbox One is now superior.
Penello was right all along. Guess who's laughing now?

Seems like Microsoft finally unlocked the hidden GPU in he Xbox One's external power-supply. And as you can see, the gap has been closed. The Xbox One is now superior.

I'm pretty sure you just won B-I-N-G-O with that post.

Ricky_R

Wonder how they transfer that extra power from the power supply to the Xbone. Those techincal fellows are on a class of their own.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
The extra core has been unlocked. Direct x 12 is coming. It's game over for the Ps4 in 2015.

Seriously though. It runs quiet nice on the xbox.

Dynomutt

Come on man stop making stuff up damn.

You know they haven't activated it yet....This is all a result of the dual GPU's located in the feedback triggers. They have sensors built in that determine the desired resolution or fps via haptic feedback.

Superior console. Superior controller.

RedStep

I don't know why they would do it for this game but anything is possible in this day and age of system wars.

System Warriors care far more about System Warz than console manufacturers do. They're not going around paying bribes to restrict the framerate of other versions.

I know dark is on here. I doubt he'd publicly say that they word their articles in whatever way will draw the most attention, when that implies they want to rile up fans.

These articles don't rile up "fans". They rile up a small group of people that demand that the console that they've hitched their destiny to be paid a specific level of respect. Most people visiting the site and reading the article are not coming here to whine and freak out afterward. Micromanaging every article to draw attention from that group would be insane and far more work than it's worth (what, do they each view it 10 times in this scenario?).

Hmm this game seems like a mesa all around (unless you have an Xbox One). Issues and missing features on the PC and the abyssmal performance on the PS4. Now I'm no technical savant, but I can't imagine a 10% CPU power advantage is creating a 30 fps disparity between the PS4 and Xbox One. Weird relationship between Capcom and Sony...

So much for having better hardware (allegedly... on paper).

Yeah those PC owners were suckers thinking their machine was better than the Xbox One. Oh, wait, you weren't talking about the poor performance on the PC were you?

Rocketz

After playing through both scenarios on XB1, I think Barry's has the most problems. I didn't really notice anything with Claire's but Barry's would stutter every so often after passing through a door or when it would load a new area. Nothing that affected play, but you would definitely see it.

Again, that's because there isnt a huge difference in the hardware spec. There is a 'noticeable' difference. The XB1 has some advantages, the PS4 has some advantages, but its not a huge disparity either way unless your looking for those specific points of reference.

We know the PS4's GPU is more powerful and the RAM set up is easier to utilize. The XB1 has a faster CPU, but these HW differences are displayed in different ways depending on the game. Also, it depends on how the devs want to handle the development of each platform, as we see here
Effectively that CPU difference shouldn't amount to much though.

Busier scenes with a few more active AI routines should in theory run a little faster on X1. Identical code running across the two should favor X1 within a few hundred ms at the maximum.

There is a fairly large gulf between the two in GPU performance. Millions of pixels or significant frametime differences. Which is generally the standard for the two so far this generation.

To put it in an entirely stupid way. There's a 6 WiiU difference in capability between GPU's in X1 and PS4. And a two WiiU difference between them in CPU.

Noobcraft

Effectively that CPU difference shouldn't amount to much though.

Busier scenes with a few more active AI routines should in theory run a little faster on X1. Identical code running across the two should favor X1 within a few hundred ms at the maximum.

There is a fairly large gulf between the two in GPU performance. Millions of pixels or significant frametime differences. Which is generally the standard for the two so far this generation.

To put it in an entirely stupid way. There's a 6 WiiU difference in capability between GPU's in X1 and PS4. And a two WiiU difference between them in CPU.
How many Wii U's are there between a PS4 and GTX 980?

Dizzy

Banned
The PC version is horribly unoptimized with insane fps drops.
My brother got it. He says the same thing.

I'd say it seems only the xbox version got any care....but then this game doesnt even look that great. Surely even the One should be able to do a smooth 60 for something like this.

Its just a mess all around.

system11

As in fanboys among the DF staff who then purposefully color the words in their in a certain way to paint XXX hardware in a poor light? Because... reasons?

Sounds like the allegation of conspiracy to me.

Oh sorry, I mean I think half of the EG staff are Xbox fanboys and it colours their language, emphasis and judgement. I don't think it's a purposeful and considered thing though. Just .. fanboys.

Biker19

Banned
I don't even really understand how this happens given the similarity of the base architecture and the superiority of the PS4 in that regard. Also given that the PS4 memory pool is more similar to conventional PC cards that the split pool of the X1. No amount of SDK optimizations can make up for the hardware differences. The X1 needs optimizations combined with PS4 developers slack just to keep up let alone see this kind of backwards mess.

Exactly, not to mention that PS4 has a much larger install base than Xbox One has. How in the fuck are you going to give the Xbox One version more optimization, when the system has much less owners in general?

It's just ass backwards.

I don't even really understand how this happens given the similarity of the base architecture and the superiority of the PS4 in that regard. Also given that the PS4 memory pool is more similar to conventional PC cards that the split pool of the X1. No amount of SDK optimizations can make up for the hardware differences. The X1 needs optimizations combined with PS4 developers slack just to keep up let alone see this kind of backwards mess.

Exactly, not to mention that PS4 has a much larger install base than Xbox One has. How in the fuck are you going to give the Xbox One version more optimization, when the system has much less owners in general?

It's just ass backwards.

How do you know they purposely gave more optimization time to the Xbox One version?

Maybe it's just a bad port from PC or Xbox One. Could be as simple as that.

The way some people in here talk makes it seem like Capcom did this on purpose as some sort of slight to PS4 owners. So silly.

Yoday

Really terrible showing from Capcom here...

I sincerely hope no one is giving them money for this PS4 version.
I'm certainly not. I was planning on buying this on PS4, but if they aren't going to put in an effort I'm not going to give them my money. If they eventually patch it and fix this shit then I will buy it, but if not I will wait and get it on PC during a Steam sale.

How do you know they purposely gave more optimization time to the Xbox One version?

Maybe it's just a bad port from PC or Xbox One. Could be as simple as that.

The way some people in here talk makes it seem like Capcom did this on purpose as some sort of slight to PS4 owners. So silly.

Except the PC version is (relatively) bad too.

So how, exactly, can the Xbox One version be this good, in spite of requiring (in theory) the most optimization, without being "purposely given more optimization time"?

You think they tripped and landed on a keyboard which spit out a relatively superior Xbox One version?

Top Bottom