• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

clarky

Gold Member
Knew i should have stayed in bed.........................................

Last edited:

nikos

Played for about three hours. Game is fun but I really don't like the controls.

Never liked click to move. Even worse when clicking does pretty much everything, though you can change that in the settings.
Can't aim with right stick on controller. Attack is on X/A and you walk/aim with left stick.

Need WASD movement with mouse aiming and all will be well. Doesn't feel like there's much survivability playing like this. So far Diablo Immortal controls feel way better.

Last edited:

TheMan

So far beat the first dungeon. Nothing to it really.

I chose sorcerer, but the limited melee at the beginning of the game felt bad. No weight, limited feedback when your weapon connects. Just weak and unsatisfying. Dont' really care for the way monsters are animated. Artstyle for the character and monsters feels cartoony despite the dark palate and I dont' really like it. Environments do look good though.

A mixed bag. I like it but I don't love it.

Oh and I really dislike having attack and move on the same mouse button

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
What the hell is this? Had a late day at work, arrived home anticipating to play the beta (which was an incentive to preorder) and now see I have to wait 54min in a que? Ridiculous. Many years ago, I stopped playing pc games to avoid exactly this kind of nonsense. I guess we came full circle.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Back in.

Really digging it.

Rogue gameplay is really, really fun.

That said, seeing loads of other people pop up in the city is….odd. This is definitely an mmo.

What the hell is this? Had a late day at work, arrived home anticipating to play the beta (which was an incentive to preorder) and now see I have to wait 54min in a que? Ridiculous. Many years ago, I stopped playing pc games to avoid exactly this kind of nonsense. I guess we came full circle.
I got at best 45 mins. before my kid gets up from a nap. And my que is at 36 Mins.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Got in for 20 minutes as soon as it launched. Got kicked out and been sitting in queues for the last 4 hours. Fucking bullshit.

Retried....60 minute queue.....errored out with about 10 minutes left. Now a 92 minute queue.......

Last edited:

Filben

There is no offline mode. If you don't like it, play something else and be done with it. Its that simple.

Well you shouldn't have bought the game or that KFC

It's 100% online even if you ain't playing with others. Gotta deal with it.
You guys need to chill out. No need to get defensive on the game guys over my cluelessness.

Oh, and I didn't pay for it and of course I know I can play something else.

amigastar

Got in for 20 minutes as soon as it launched. Got kicked out and been sitting in queues for the last 4 hours. Fucking bullshit.
Same, it really sucks. But i hope they will sort it out till tomorrow. Idk how it works exactly but i'm guessing they min max the shit out of it, means how many servers they need to function properly.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I will lose my life to this game

Am I meant to be blocked from progressing the main quests at a certain point? Turn around or you will be teleported?

Ogbert

I dont think people saying this is an MMO understand what an MMO is.
Sure, but it looks like it’s an mmo-lite.

It’s basically the Destiny 2 model. Large zones, an overarching quest line that will drop you into instanced events, but lots of public stuff, minor free for alls.

It’s fun. But the Diablo purists are not going to be happy.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So far beat the first dungeon. Nothing to it really.

I chose sorcerer, but the limited melee at the beginning of the game felt bad. No weight, limited feedback when your weapon connects. Just weak and unsatisfying. Dont' really care for the way monsters are animated. Artstyle for the character and monsters feels cartoony despite the dark palate and I dont' really like it. Environments do look good though.

A mixed bag. I like it but I don't love it.

Oh and I really dislike having attack and move on the same mouse button

Solid first impressions of five minutes of gameplay.

I will lose my life to this game

Am I meant to be blocked from progressing the main quests at a certain point? Turn around or you will be teleported?

Says it under the Quest that you can't advance much of anything.

Kacho

It’s basically the Destiny 2 model. Large zones, an overarching quest line that will drop you into instanced events, but lots of public stuff, minor free for alls.

It’s fun. But the Diablo purists are not going to be happy.
Exactly. Arguing otherwise is just semantics.

Kacho

Asmondgold is already level 17 on his stream. Straight poopsocking the game haha

Eager for some quality impressions over the next few days. Hopefully they're able to get the server issues under control.

Hot5pur

I believe it's possible to turn off other players so you have a true-er single player experience.
It is annoying to see other people in my game (unless I'm intentionally playing co-op). That shit should be off by default.
Game is pretty good, feels like a darker D3. Some of the areas feel kinda barren and too open, the world needs more "stuff" and unique set pieces to mix things up.
Playing rogue, so far feels pretty good.

Freeman76

I will give it one thing - the visuals and atmosphere are good. It is just a shame the combat is a few games behind if you know what I mean. PoE does combt way better, D2 still the king.

Lucky you, D2 was remastered a while ago and is cheaper than this, so you're good to go!

The more I play this the better it gets. They have nailed this. I hope you can turn off having other players around somehow though, does anyone know?

ZehDon

Wait in queue for two hours. Create character, get to the first NPC. Disconnected. Error 316719.
Wait in queue for two hours. Log in. Get passed first NPC. Disconnected. Error 316719.
Time in queue: four hours. Time in game: four minutes and thirty two seconds.

Cool.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Anyone know how the wolf pup unlock works? I know I need to get to level 20 but I'm playing on xbox and want all the unlocks/cosmetics to be cross platform. How do I link my xbox d4 ultimate purchase/beta to my bnet account?

.Pennywise

Banned
Some explanation from Blizzard
PezRadar
0 posts
Community Manager
27m

Hi everyone
Just wanted to provide an update regarding the queues players are experiencing this morning. The team is working through some issues behind the scenes that have been affecting players and causing them to be disconnected from the servers. For the time being, we are managing the rate of players entering the game until we have a full fix for the disconnection issues. This is done so we can ensure stability amongst players who get into the game after the queue process. If you are in queue, we ask that you stay in queue to ensure you do not reset your timer. We plan to have more accurate queue countdowns in place for Open Beta next weekend as noted in our Known Issues post.
We are actively working on these issues for this weekend. Once these are resolved we will be able to increase the influx of players and queue times will be significantly reduced.
We will be updating this thread once we have additional information.

So they actually won't be fixing the issue with servers, just giving you more accurate queue timing so you know you're actually wasting 2h to get into the game. LMAO

Sygma

Game is hot garbage as expected, PoE utterly destroy it and its free

It’s fun. But the Diablo purists are not going to be happy.[/quote)
it borrows the CORPG structure from all the way back to the first Guild Wars.

D2 still the king.

lol it got outclassed by Nox at release combat wise

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Trying to bully my friend into getting this game to play with me. Has anybody got in with a Series S? I know the download is half of the series X so the textures probably won’t be same quality, but just was wondering about the framerate mainly.

jaysius

Banned
Asmondgold is already level 17 on his stream. Straight poopsocking the game haha

Eager for some quality impressions over the next few days. Hopefully they're able to get the server issues under control.
Poopsocks and pissjugs, everything else is just noobs.

kicker

Banned
Will probably get this a year from now if they make solo play/lan possible. Local co-op is the most social I can enjoy arpgs

Freeman76

So how are they going to manage the fact that there are ppl everywhere killing all the mobs? This will be a real issue if there are hotspots ppl want to grind for certain items. I dont get their decision with this, it doesnt work with a game like this. It feels like a wow starter area and thats aspect is annoying when some little cunt comes along and spams all the mobs you are killing.

I can see this being an amazing game but this aspect is not good. If we can turn that off this could be the best Diablo in the series. Have they said anything about that or is it a fundamental part of the design?

Boneless

So how are they going to manage the fact that there are ppl everywhere killing all the mobs? This will be a real issue if there are hotspots ppl want to grind for certain items. I dont get their decision with this, it doesnt work with a game like this. It feels like a wow starter area and thats aspect is annoying when some little cunt comes along and spams all the mobs you are killing.

I can see this being an amazing game but this aspect is not good. If we can turn that off this could be the best Diablo in the series. Have they said anything about that or is it a fundamental part of the design?

Wow starter areas are probably the best of the games' experience.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
He's live right now and that is clickbait BS. I got the same screen, you have to close the game and restart...
QJwziRn.jpg

sendit

Not hard to hit cap in this beta. Got Rogue to 25 with a group (skipping all cutscenes), running a barb now.

Neofire

Finally got in and about 30 minutes of playing and I really like the lore. Combat is a bit slow at first but I think I will go ahead and bite on the ultimate edition.

Ogbert

It’s a good game. There’s still a bit of jank about (skeleton animations are odd) but I’m enjoying the core gameplay.

I must say, it does have a faint whiff of mobile game about it. Perhaps it’s just the fact random people are running about, which feels odd, but I do worry about how Blizzard will implement character development.

Top Bottom