• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Macattk15

Not bad so far. Performance is a little not great on a 3080. I mean it holds frame rate but a lot of drops when loading new segments of the map. Wouldn't expect this at 1440p on a 3080 for this kind of looking game.

Freeman76

How the fuck can a developer with the money and experience of Blizzard hold an open beta that has 70 minute queues. I dropped 90 quid on this to give it a try, and they dont even provide enough servers. I mean I know all online stuff has issues at first, but this aint their first rodeo. They better extend this accordingly.

Ogbert

How the fuck can a developer with the money and experience of Blizzard hold an open beta that has 70 minute queues. I dropped 90 quid on this to give it a try, and they dont even provide enough servers. I mean I know all online stuff has issues at first, but this aint their first rodeo. They better extend this accordingly.
Because they don’t care about people getting access. It’s a stress test that will have been completely planned. They will add server capacity over the next 24 hours.

niilokin

around 70 minutes for me to go...

that dark delta bluesy lick at 2:49 is so fucking good

diablo3 was amazing even though the villains were poo

Last edited:
I mean....I dropped 90 smackeroos on this game too and I knew that there were bound to be server issues. It's Blizzard. I'm not giving them an excuse because it's inexcusable but still you should've knew what to expect lol.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
No performance issues at all on pc. 4K all max settings running 120fps with no stutters at all.

Ps5 version is good as well.

The game play (currently) is very slow and methodical. It feels a WHOLE lot like PoE to me. The characters are much more realistic this time around (I personally do not like them from a looks perspective but they are technically very good) and the environments remind me of Wulcen (sp).

Gear system (I am only level 9 Sorc) is very much D3/DI to me. Higher number better weapon. Almost all items i have found change my appearance.

Still messing around with the skill system, I don’t like how gated it feels currently but you can respec all day long.

The first major town is extremely reminiscent of D:I…so get ready for the internet to explode I reckon.

Just some initial impressions from the 2 hours i have had with the game so far YMMV.

One gripe I have is how zoomed in the game is...I do not like it currently, but it will probably grow on me. I would like more of a view of the area around my character.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Not bad so far. Performance is a little not great on a 3080. I mean it holds frame rate but a lot of drops when loading new segments of the map. Wouldn't expect this at 1440p on a 3080 for this kind of looking game.
The 3080
Is fucking garbo in 2023 you need the 4080 or 4090. 🤠👆. Leather jacket

Installed keybinds so no idle kick. When i want to have a meal

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Just finished the first dungeon. I'm sold. Sucks for people who can't let go of the past and give the present a chance to see if it is even "fun" (even if not "as fun as" you remember other shit being).

Also the art design is fantastic, no idea what some folks were talking about. This is definitely going to be a big deal this summer (if they can get their shit together regarding their servers and some of these technical bugs).

ahtlas7

ahhh! 70 min cue ...
Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Ogbert

Any PS5 impressions?
From my half an hour or so, runs well.

Usual Blizz polish but perhaps not as big a leap as you might be expecting. A PlayStation 4.9 game.

Some occasional lag and choppiness but likely server related.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Did a dungeon and it told me that I had unlocked an aspect. Went to the aspect guy, there's nothing there? I never got a legendary or anything yet.

DryvBy

Any PS5 impressions?
Yeah, runs great, looks meh for characters but the overall game looks really nice.

Only thing I hate is how zoomed in the game feels. It's almost directly over you and I keep trying to zoom out slightly.

What do you want to know?

Ogbert

Yeah, runs great, looks meh for characters but the overall game looks really nice.

Only thing I hate is how zoomed in the game feels. It's almost directly over you and I keep trying to zoom out slightly.

What do you want to know?
Yeah, the zoom is jarring.

They seem to use it for transition passages. Not sure I like it.

Nydius

Gold Member
I made it to level 7 on my Sorc and was exploring Kyovashad before I got the dreaded “lost connection to server” error. I have to agree with those who say it feels more like a slower Diablo 3 more than Diablo 2. This doesn’t bother me so much, per se, but I can see Diablo 2 fans disliking this fo the same reason they disliked D3.

At least I’m not rolling all over the place with right stick like console D3, though the dodge function is similar. The cooldown gives it more weight than D3’s infinite roll spam thankfully.

I prefer D4’s skill implementation over D3’s so far. Like others, I’m kinda not a fan of the way it does this minor zoom in during transitions and dialog. The minimap in indoor sections is way too dark and doesn’t seem to be affected by brightness settings.

I‘m back in a 40 minute queue. Might just wait until later.

Last edited:

Comandr

I’m back in after a million minutes. Anyone have local co op working? I can’t seem to figure it out. On the main menu if you press start on another controller it’s like yep your friend can join after you get into the game. Then once you’re in it’s just like why are you pressing all these buttons on the other controller retard?

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I’m back in after a million minutes. Anyone have local co op working? I can’t seem to figure it out. On the main menu if you press start on another controller it’s like yep your friend can join after you get into the game. Then once you’re in it’s just like why are you pressing all these buttons on the other controller retard?
You might have to get far enough into the game to activate couch co-op. I didn't notice any other players in my "world" until I cleared a certain main story quest.

Yay, 50 min queue and then in for 10 mins, then disconnected and then 'error' messages constantly, then quit out and back in 50min queue. I think Im doing this right!!!
(seemed pretty good though, for those few minutes, on a 2060).

Laieon

Made it to level 8 and then lost connection to the server. Really liking it so far, it's definitely slower than Diablo 3. Really impressed with the bit of armor I've come across so far, it's significantly more interesting than the stuff you got this early in D3!

I'm playing through it on Xbox, but I might end up double dipping down the road and getting it on PC too. I loved couch co-op for D3 which is why I went Xbox first, but D4 is making my eyes feel a bit weird.

Last edited:
Any PS5 impressions?
Runs great, looks great but wish there were more options for things like 120hz. I played for about an hour before I got booted from the server and decided to start working again.

I didn't play much of D3, but this feels closer to D2 in terms of tone, art-style and gameplay w/ D3 QoL changes.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Any PS5 impressions?
I have had no issues with the PS5 version. I just jumped into the game didn't mess with any graphics options. Feels like 60fps for me with no stutters but I don't have any tools to prove that I guess.

Much like D3 on PS4/5 Bliz did a great job with controller support here imo. I almost feel like the console version is the "main sku" after playing the PS5 and PC versions. The controls just feel better on console...dun'no what the difference is, but it just feels snappier on console to me (might be the dodge mechanic).

Last edited:
I have had no issues with the PS5 version. I just jumped into the game didn't mess with any graphics options. Feels like 60fps for me with no stutters but I don't have any tools to prove that I guess.

Much like D3 on PS4/5 Bliz did a great job with controller support here imo. I almost feel like the console version of the "main sku" after playing the PS5 and PC versions. The controls just feel better on console...dunno what the difference is, but it just feels snappier on console some how.
Can't wait to get home and play on my PS5. Barbarian here I come!

Top Bottom