• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters
In what way?

This feels much slower paced and sparser. I can’t see any similarities.

What it does feel like is the D2 remaster with better combat.
Well I'll admit I haven't finished a Diablo game since 2, and that was YEARS ago. So it's not a series I'm overly well-versed in but I have tried all of them since.

One thing that stood out in the 4 beta: there was a story scenario that I swear was also in Immortal, like almost exactly. It just reminds me of Immortal from a design perspective. UI, world structure, the multiplayer elements. World dungeons, other plays walking around.

Last edited:

Tg89

Another thing to note about server issues - they're asking people to pay 20-30 bucks more for the privilege of being disconnected and losing progress 4 days earlier than everyone else.

Tg89

In what way?

This feels much slower paced and sparser. I can’t see any similarities.

What it does feel like is the D2 remaster with better combat.
Eh the flow of the game is veryyyy d3/immortal compared to 2.

Systems/loot as well. Which sucks, D3 loot was hot garbage compared to 2.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why am I in a queue on console if I want to play offline and alone? Can't they just make a quick license check and be done with it? I don't want to be on their servers.

I'm already seeing couch co-op sessions blown up because of server issues in the future.

Not sure if serious.

Another thing to note about server issues - they're asking people to pay 20-30 bucks more for the privilege of being disconnected and losing progress 4 days earlier than everyone else.

. . .if someone paid a single dime for a beta they could get for free - that's on them.

Boneless

played an hour or so

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally dont think this game is going to go down well with fans of d2.

How much do they care really? The D2 audience is a tiny fraction of the total population they want to sell this game to.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
reslly not understanding how anyone can say this feels like d2, its nothing close. It is literally is Diablo 3 gameplay.

I bounced off D3 pretty hard too... well glad zi got to try it out. No interest in waiting 1 hr 30 mins to try it again.

Tg89

. . .if someone paid a single dime for a beta they could get for free - that's on them.

Not what I'm referring to. The final release has an early access period of 4 days for those that buy the higher tiers of the game.

Ogbert

Eh the flow of the game is veryyyy d3/immortal compared to 2.

Systems/loot as well. Which sucks, D3 loot was hot garbage compared to 2.
But D3 feels about three times as fast. Everything is quicker.

This is much more like D2, in terms of pace of combat. It’s also harder in terms of health management, like D2.

Admit I played Immortal for about three minutes, so can’t compare.

Kacho

Why am I in a queue on console if I want to play offline and alone? Can't they just make a quick license check and be done with it? I don't want to be on their servers.

I'm already seeing couch co-op sessions blown up because of server issues in the future.
Hate to break it to you but D4 is an MMO lite. It's another always online GAAS with battle passes. There's no offline option like in Diablo 3.

jaysius

Banned
reslly not understanding how anyone can say this feels like d2, its nothing close. It is literally is Diablo 3 gameplay.

I bounced off D3 pretty hard too... well glad zi got to try it out. No interest in waiting 1 hr 30 mins to try it again.
I played Diablo 3 on PC when it first came out, it was just a fucking slog.

This isn't looking like a typical Blizzard sequel where things change drastically and for the better.

This is Diablo 3.2 if anything. Not worth full retail price.

Ogbert

I played Diablo 3 on PC when it first came out, it was just a fucking slog.

This isn't looking like a typical Blizzard sequel where things change drastically and for the better.

This is Diablo 3.2 if anything. Not worth full retail price.
What absolutely destroyed D3 at launch was the auction house and pointless endgame with meaningless legendaries. The actual gameplay was good.

I’m genuinely surprised that people think this feels like D3. It’s immediately different.

For example, the inventory management in D4 is purposefully worse. They’ve removed the quick equip (unless I’ve missed it).

amigastar

What absolutely destroyed D3 at launch was the auction house and pointless endgame with meaningless legendaries. The actual gameplay was good.

I’m genuinely surprised that people think this feels like D3. It’s immediately different.

For example, the inventory management in D4 is purposefully worse. They’ve removed the quick equip (unless I’ve missed it).
Gameplay in Diablo 3 is so far the best thing of it. Slaying Demons is fun.

sendit

Game is absolutely giving me a:

toy story cup GIF

Last edited:

DryvBy

65 minutes to queue up now.
That's really painful. Did they severely underestimate server capacity?
Still happy I got to try it. Looking forward to jumping on a bit later if I can. Seems it might be quite popular.
And this is the closed open beta lol. Wait until next week.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Got in right at 9 am PST and was able to play for 40 minutes before the servers kicked me out. Haven’t been able to get back in since.

Was fun so far from what I played but I don’t have hope for the servers until much later today. Took them 2 days to finally get OW2 working which absolutely gives me 0 hope that next weeks totally free beta will be any different.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Gross opinion but hearing this is like Diablo 3 is an instant buy for me. D3 was the first Diablo game I played and I didn’t enjoy the D2 remaster much

DNA wise, it's a very smart combination of what made D3 and D2 great combined.

Also I got a network error and the queue is now 100 minutes... god.

DryvBy

You don't get to play alone.

zomboden

Banned
Game is amazing so far but I’ve been in queue more than I’ve played. Got in. Quit to test KB&M and ate 50 min queue. Played for like 30-45 min. Got dc’d. Now 105 minute queue.

xVodevil

Been playing now for almost 2 hours, got to the city and crashed, well damn nice queue by now..
Game looks and sounds great, though getting past the snow storm and finally seeing stuff was a relief
And love the option for gamepad controls on PC, might as well stick with it

DavidGzz

Gross opinion but hearing this is like Diablo 3 is an instant buy for me. D3 was the first Diablo game I played and I didn’t enjoy the D2 remaster much

It's still the best playing game in it's genre...well until today. I am in love with my rogue. This combat is so great! Shooting arrows, waitinf for shielded enemies to get closer, then I dodge behind them to do the flurry of backstabs. I like how the enemies start and and end their attack animation in the same direction instead of doing a quick 180. Rolling through background items to destroy them works like in Dark Souls. Pretty satisfying lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom