• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

I feel like I'm getting a better handle on some of the finer points of building in Star Realms. I have my win percentage in the 40s, at least. I am always up for more challengers - "MarkovChaney". Shoot me a challenge.

I got a few friends at work into the game through the paper cards and they bought the digital client as well. Sliding that needle in... :)

Has anyone tried the new 3 minute turn mode yet? Seems like a fun way to do almost real-time, but I don't think the client will show the other play real time like Ascension does. I love Ascension challenges as well, so invite me there as well if you like - "Markoff Chaney".

Ive lost my last 5 or 6 Star Realms games....and I feel Ive got a few more losses on the way.

How did all of you guys just get better all of a sudden? Or am I just getting worse? :p

Pau

I've got about a 53% win percentage. I don't think I really have a strategy.

Highest level I've seen is 15. :eek:

Sent an challenge to everyone on the page. If I missed you, my name's Pau. :)

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Perhaps we should take up a collection to buy ray some "we're sorry" flowers? Or we could at least all sign a sympathy card...it's the least we could do! I just hit the veteran level 5, so now I can get stalled out on 0/6 wins too...so excited!

:(

At least I don't think I can drop any lower! I'm down to 0/6 level 5, I don't think it goes below that, but I'm gonna find out soon enough in my game vs Tim. Haha.

I was feeling pity on you so offered a challenge, if you want to take it. ;)

On that note, I just hit above 50% on my ratio while hitting Rank 4. I'm getting the hang of it better (and/or getting luckier).

I was feeling pity on you so offered a challenge, if you want to take it. ;)

On that note, I just hit above 50% on my ratio while hitting Rank 4. I'm getting the hang of it better (and/or getting luckier).

I will take on any and all challengers! I need to play as many games as possible, to help me get out of this funk :p

Kestrel3d, stop that. Ouch that was a brutal beatdown.

Anyway, I see more people have gotten Star Realms so I'll put up my name here if y'all want to challenge me. Name's LunarKnite.

Kestrel3d, stop that. Ouch that was a brutal beatdown.

3 Outposts up and 13 health. I have him next turn with near perfect synergies for my five card hand on a thinned deck.

I never got my next turn.

He draws what seems to be 10 cards, blasts my 3 bases out of the sky and there's 27 health gone for a -14 final tally. Brutal doesn't begin to describe it... Glorious Battle.

Thank you all for the games. It's great fun!

I have the same problem

You two are faring better than I am on Android regarding the expansion. I purchased it and got the receipt from Google, but it still is locked and trying to tap it takes me to the purchase page. I try to purchase and it says I already own it...

EDIT - "To all our Android Ascension players who purchased Darkness Unleashed and can't access the content, we will be releasing a small update soon that will resolve this and allow you to play with this expansion. You should not need to repurchase Darkness Unleashed, and we will let you know when it is ready to download. Thank you to all our players who reported this to us and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." - w00t!

Kickstarter people are you going to buy DU, or wait for it to be free?

As much as I am excited to play it, how much money are we going to continue to give them?

PittaGAF

Star Realms Devs are gathering inputs from players about app refinements and requests for next update....go hammer them...the more we are, the better.

I've already asked for:
Friend list
Rematch button
iOS icon badge number
W/L ratio for every opponent
better iPhone layout/ bigger cards

Brakara

I'm waiting. After all, they promised us this expansion would be free for all backers.

So the kickstarter mail they sent out says this has been implemented on Android but that they're still working on it for iOS.

Star Realms Devs are gathering inputs from players about app refinements and requests for next update....go hammer them...the more we are, the better.

Where?

PittaGAF

So the kickstarter mail they sent out says this has been implemented on Android but that they're still working on it for iOS.

Where?

I wrote them on Twitter, where they asked yesterday but reading others comments I think they asked it on Facebook too? (didn't check).

I'm assuming they are wrapping up the expansion too.

Daigoro

i still cant get Ascension to launch.

last update allowed me to unpack the files, log into google play and then crashed, so thats an improvement i guess...

Brakara

What Team SP/MP means?

The physical game has team based "single" player and multiplayer games. The single player is basically co-op raids against a boss, while mp is two teams against each other. Basically, I just want these mp options in the digital game as well.

PittaGAF

The physical game has team based "single" player and multiplayer games. The single player is basically co-op raids against a boss, while mp is two teams against each other. Basically, I just want these mp options in the digital game as well.

Ah! Thanks, didn't know about those.
Seems cool!

Daigoro

Yay Ascension works as of today's update on Android for me. Seems cool so far.

can't create a playdek account though. Same issue with er summoned wars I think it was. Game crashes in my device when I enter me email address...
I emailed the devs.

at least it finally launches. Played one offline game so far. Everything works pretty smooth.

That would be cool.

Top Bottom