• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

PittaGAF

Since iOS8 all my notifications are a mess.
Sorry if I'm not taking my turns...in particular Lost Cities...don't quit and have faith....Coding Monkey told me it's a iOS8 GC problem and should be solved soonish.

In particular in Lost Cities I SEE I have turns to take from the GC app, but I never receive the actual games when in game.

So the Playdek server problem seems to have zapped all my Waterdeep games (and lost all my ranking points *sobs*).
In multiplayer games all bar one player will have forfeited.

mercviper

Because there's obviously an interest for a tournament, and I'm an insomniac, I've made a sign-up form for a Star Realms tourney. Someone mentioned they wanted it to be quick-ish so I'm thinking of either a single or double elimination.

My first time setting one of these up so I'm thinking we'll keep sign-ups open until Friday night and I'll post a challonge bracket on Saturday. During the tournament we'll just have the winner post results. No formal time limit to start matches, just be reasonable about it, and you can start once you know who your match-up is. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Quote the post for the link to the sign-up.

Edit: And if you're forgetful like me, you can view the responses here to see if you've already signed up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_t-Y-4JsEREtrP9lLd9jNbqHYeUYAGMTa_X8BcditI/edit?usp=sharing

Because there's obviously an interest for a tournament, and I'm an insomniac, I've made a sign-up form for a Star Realms tourney. Someone mentioned they wanted it to be quick-ish so I'm thinking of either a single or double elimination.

My first time setting one of these up so I'm thinking we'll keep sign-ups open until Friday night and I'll post a challonge bracket on Saturday. During the tournament we'll just have the winner post results. No formal time limit to start matches, just be reasonable about it, and you can start once you know who your match-up is. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Yay!

Brakara

Edit: And if you're forgetful like me, you can view the responses here to see if you've already signed up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_t-Y-4JsEREtrP9lLd9jNbqHYeUYAGMTa_X8BcditI/edit?usp=drive_web

I'm in.

Signed up! Should be great fun. Thanks for coordinating!

Edit: And if you're forgetful like me, you can view the responses here to see if you've already signed up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_t-Y-4JsEREtrP9lLd9jNbqHYeUYAGMTa_X8BcditI/edit?usp=drive_web

Awesome! I will probably be out in the first round.

PittaGAF

Edit: And if you're forgetful like me, you can view the responses here to see if you've already signed up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_t-Y-4JsEREtrP9lLd9jNbqHYeUYAGMTa_X8BcditI/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not a competitive guy but I'm in!!!

Edit: And if you're forgetful like me, you can view the responses here to see if you've already signed up:

I'm up for it.

19Kilo

I'm in too.

mercviper

I'm not a competitive guy but I'm in!!!

I'm up for it.

I filled in the forms for you two, so consider yourselves signed up.

Edit: got you too Brakara. For future reference, there is a URL hidden in an email tag of my tournament post that leads to the sign-up form (visible by quoting the post when you enter your reply). I just figured it'd be easier to keep track of entries there instead of trying to make sure the list of quoted people caught everyone in between. Given how niche our thread is I probably didn't need to make it member secure but it felt appropriate. /shrug

Wow, this forms thing is awesome. I will need to figure out how to use it for other tournaments.

Signed up!

I've been a little busy lately, but I will try to get the Ascension tournament set up soonish. haha.

Going forward, I will only beat Kestrel3d when I think I am going to lose.

Some great back and forth going here with some GAFfers. Thanks for the great games as well, CzarTim, Pitta and RaySpencer. Apologies if I missed anyone, like Caira's husband, if playing. I can't wait to help someone else advance in the tournament. :)

I'll take any games - MarkovChaney is my Star Realms in game name.

PittaGAF

As I lost a lot of names when I stopped asking for new games when I had connectivity problems...I'm Pitta in Star Realms and always up for a game (I love this game, can't wait for the expansions).

Is there any 'rule' about who should ask for a rematch? The winner or the loser?

I tend to ask if it's in the first 3 or 4 games we've played, regardless of outcome. If I've won a couple on someone, I'll let them ask for a rematch. If I know them in real life, or it's like it is with a couple I seem to have been playing since the day I discovered Star Realms, I'll challenge away as soon as the game is over.

Forgot prior shout outs to Bardlet and LunarKnite. Another couple sets of great games. :)

Grifter

risottoball, damnit!

Loving the 3 minute option to sit down before bed and snap off a few. Except I was killing at a game last night, had an incredibly clean hand, wife talked to me, and my time expired and lost. Brought back flashbacks of when I slow played a full-house in online poker, had a guy go all in for $200, she showed me some super soft socks, got upset when I ignored her, made me shift attention, and my turn expired.

I tend to ask if it's in the first 3 or 4 games we've played, regardless of outcome. If I've won a couple on someone, I'll let them ask for a rematch. If I know them in real life, or it's like it is with a couple I seem to have been playing since the day I discovered Star Realms, I'll challenge away as soon as the game is over.

Forgot prior shout outs to Bardlet and LunarKnite. Another couple sets of great games. :)

Definitely! I've only been playing with three of the guys here, but now that the rematch button is here, I just challenged a few more. Yay for no more typing!

mercviper

Bracket is up!

http://challonge.com/SRGAF
SRGAF.png
Usernames listed in the bracket are the Star Realms usernames.

If you're currently in a game with your opponent, finish it and use a new game for the tournament.

Ive got it downloaded! Gonna check it out pretty quick here.

Also, I hope superrobot realizes this Star Realms game is for all the money!

Oh man. Grifter just did you one even better superrobot. Haha.

I got Grifter down to 1hp, then he proceeded to play every card in his deck. 9 fancy cards, 2 bases and ended up doing 51 damage. Haha.

Amazing. It was pretty awesome to see!

I wish I was on the other end of an attack like that :p

Grifter

Oh man. Grifter just did you one even better superrobot. Haha.

I got Grifter down to 1hp, then he proceeded to play every card in his deck. 9 fancy cards, 2 bases and ended up doing 51 damage. Haha.

Amazing. It was pretty awesome to see!

I wish I was on the other end of an attack like that :p

I got so lucky. Spent the game building that turn and really should've been toast before it! Whole game hinged on a battle station lol.

PittaGAF

Sorry...what does it mean 'double elimination'?
You have to win twice against the same opponent? Best out of 3?

Brakara

Sorry...what does it mean 'double elimination'?
You have to win twice against the same opponent? Best out of 3?

If you lose you go to the lower bracket, basically giving you a second chance compared to a single elimination tournament where you're out when you lose. And in this tournament the matches are played only once.

Oh, and gg btw.

PittaGAF

If you lose you go to the lower bracket, basically giving you a second chance compared to a single elimination tournament where you're out when you lose. And in this tournament the matches are played only once.

Oh, and gg btw.

Ah I see :)

Then I won this match in the tournament :p

Funny this is probably the only time I've beaten you!!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So Galaxy Trucker is pretty much the best iOS board game of all time by far and I kinda want to make a thread about it.

So Galaxy Trucker is pretty much the best iOS board game of all time by far and I kinda want to make a thread about it.

Thats awesome, you should make a thread about it!

Android and iPhone version coming soon(ish).

Can't wait! How does the multiplayer look?

Nice, its cheap enough that I will just double dip, but as much as I love playing stuff on my iPad, having it on my phone at all times is better, haha.

Top Bottom