• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

Grifter

Have you tried Star Realms?
Galaxy Trucker is coming in a iPhone version, supposedly before the end of the year.
[fears for how it will fit on my 4S]
Yeah, was the only iOS game I got hooked this year. Oddly feels like a twitch game where I stop playing for some weeks and forgot stuff when I return.

Really looking towards Galaxy Truckers with all the positive talks here!

do you still play carcassonne?
haven't in a while but i'm up for it! think i missed some expansions (last was princess and dragon).

mercviper

CzarTim beats Pitta.

Great game, honestly didn't think I'd win.
SR tourney

SRGAF.png

http://challonge.com/SRGAF

Down to the semi finals!! GL guys

Hey everyone! I'm new when it comes to digital board games but have been wanting to play them for a while. Lucky me, I found this thread and just trying to absorb everything in.

Don't know what to play first though...suggestions?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey everyone! I'm new when it comes to digital board games but have been wanting to play them for a while. Lucky me, I found this thread and just trying to absorb everything in.

Elder Sign: Omen.

Karkador

Banned

Do you have a tablet ? There are also some good games you can play online

PittaGAF

Elder Sign: Omen.

Great first suggestion.

IMHO still the best solo boardgame on the platform (expansions are outstanding), possibly along with Talisman.

A new Elder Sign expansion was announced for the real boardgame by FFG, I hope it will come to the digital version as well.

Smiley90

Great first suggestion.

IMHO still the best solo boardgame on the platform (expansions are outstanding), possibly along with Talisman.

A new Elder Sign expansion was announced for the real boardgame by FFG, I hope it will come to the digital version as well.

I can't stop putting it down, now with my iPhone 6 oplaying it for the first time. Beat the base game ones all fairly simply, now Ctulhu is kicking my damn ass.

PittaGAF

I can't stop putting it down, now with my iPhone 6 oplaying it for the first time. Beat the base game ones all fairly simply, now Ctulhu is kicking my damn ass.

I have the iPad version (the only fault I can find in the game is that the app it's not universal, I would LOVE to play it even on the go).

Be sure to get the expansions, they are FANTASTIC...MUCH better than the vanilla game with new mechanics (different for each expansions) and maps.

Hard as nails too...but sooooooooo damn satisfying!!!!

PittaGAF

Gonna dig into Nightfall as it's been just sitting there. Anyone play that?

Which of those should I tackle first? :)

Well...they are very different (with the luck factor in common), and there are many other great boardgames (Carcassonne etc..the OP does a terrific job).
Depends on your tastes and such, and if multiplayer is a factor (the list becomes huge).

If you have to chose and like Lovecraft....I would pick up Elder Sign: Omens.

Carcassonne's the best
by far

Grifter

After Carc, I gotta say that personally, the Penny Arcade card game was a nice primer for all the similar-but-deeper Playdek games.

Smiley90

Omens is great even without liking Lovecraft.

I'm not sure if I should keep trying to beat Crhulhu with this team or not :/

- Girl immune to terror and monster spawn
- girl immune to locked glyphs

Those two are the backbone of my team, then I also have

- girl that can discard any clue/common/glyph to get yellow&red
- girl that can pick any glyph result for 4 tokens (she's not usually on on my team but i think i need her to beat the final boss in the ctulhu campaign)

- girl that can pick any glyph result for 4 tokens (she's not usually on on my team but i think i need her to beat the final boss in the ctulhu campaign)

I don't have the digital version, only the physical board game, but no love for Amanda Sharp? I find her ability to be the among the best. She can complete multiple tasks in a single roll.

PittaGAF

I always used girl immune to locked glyph, one loaded with clues, on guy with high stamina, and one with high sanity.

Your enthusiasm convinced me to play it again after completing the new Monument Valley...not sure if going to Alaska or into Pyramids.

I'll warn you, your next step are using random characters :)

Smiley90

I don't have the digital version, only the physical board game, but no love for Amanda Sharp? I find her ability to be the among the best. She can complete multiple tasks in a single roll.

I considered her - the problem is she sucks at numbered/linear tasks, she's really only good multiple tasks without linearity. And the final boss in Crhulhu is linear. I've contemplating also adding the gut that can do ordered tasks out of order for that reason. (The "discard any common/glyph/clue girl is on my team just because she steamrolls so much by getting yellow&read on any task basically)

I always used girl immune to locked glyph, one loaded with clues, on guy with high stamina, and one with high sanity.

Your enthusiasm convinced me to play it again after completing the new Monument Valley...not sure if going to Alaska or into Pyramids.

I'll warn you, your next step are using random characters :)

First I have to beat all the damn expansion characters! I beat the base game with random ones though :p

haven't in a while but i'm up for it! think i missed some expansions (last was princess and dragon).

great! i sent you and caira invites. don't worry; no one seems to like playing princess and dragon (get the most refused games by far by inviting to play that expansion :p)

PittaGAF

Weird, I love the Princess&Dragon expansion.
As a matter of fact, it made me reinstate the game in my daily async routine after almost a year of no playing it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
great! i sent you and caira invites. don't worry; no one seems to like playing princess and dragon (get the most refused games by far by inviting to play that expansion :p)

I guess you haven't invited me then. :D

Very fun with 4+. With 2 frankly I prefer first expansion only.

I guess you haven't invited me then. :D

Very fun with 4+. With 2 frankly I prefer first expansion only.

haha, i sure haven't. it's been like half a year since i've played a P&D game with any of you.

i enjoy playing with 3+ people rather than head-to-head, too.

anyone else want to play a 4 player princess/dragon game with astrolad and me (pitta)?

PittaGAF

haha, i sure haven't. it's been like half a year since i've played a P&D game with any of you.

i enjoy playing with 3+ people rather than head-to-head, too.

anyone else want to play a 4 player princess/dragon game with astrolad and me (pitta)?

Sure!!!
(I'm terribad at the game, I have all expansion but the ghost I think).

Grifter

Open for more SR and Carc games! GC - risottoball.

Got an iPhone 6+ set up at work after old job issued (and retrieved) an iPad that forever spoiled me from board gaming on smaller screens.

there was! phantom, which lets you use two meeples in a single turn.

how do you like that?

Agricola is down to £1.99 ($2.99??) from £4.99. I only see UK prices in the App Store.
IAPs for I and K decks showing up as £0.69 each. This is the cheapest it's ever been (probably).

We should kick off a game.

how do you like that?

it's okay.

doesn't seem like many people on gaf bought the expansion, so i've only played it a handful of times with astro and blahness.

from what i've seen, it's saved to complete a city and immediately place a meeple on another city tile or road

i've even seen people drop their phantom on a field in the first few turns (what a waste :p)

i'll send out more carc invites this afternoon if anyone is interested in plain ol' princess and dragon!

BattleLore: Command (FFG) $9.99
Description
***NOTE: Compatible with iPad 2/iPad mini, iPod touch 5 and up and iPhone 4S and up – WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES***

EPIC FANTASY BATTLES
Command valiant warriors and vicious demons in BattleLore: Command, based on the board game BattleLore Second Edition. Lead the noble Daqan army as they fearlessly defend their homeland from the invading hordes of the Uthuk Y’llan– demon-blooded barbarians spreading chaos and destruction wherever they go. Or, lead the Uthuk Y’llan and channel their fury into military supremacy. Whether you’re a proven commander or have never before fought a battle, BattleLore: Command provides a suspenseful and challenging tactical combat experience.

PREPARE FOR WAR: Muster armies suited to the mission at hand and support your strengths as a commander. Deploy them strategically and order them unit by unit.

TAKE THE FIELD: Use the 360º view with zooming capabilities to see the battlefield from any vantage point.

WIELD ARCANE POWERS: Lore powers give each army unique tactical and magical advantages you can use to surprise the enemy and turn the tide of battle.

FIGHT A HEROIC CAMPAIGN: Take charge of the Daqan army in a multi-mission single-player campaign to vanquish the Uthuk Y’llan and save Terrinoth.

SKIRMISH AGAINST A FRIEND OR AGAINST THE COMPUTER: Choose from five different skirmish scenarios and order either the Daqan Lords or Uthuk Y’llan in battles against a friend via local LAN multiplayer or against the CPU.

YOU ARE IN COMMAND.

PittaGAF

Are you going to try it?

I do not think so...not now anyway.
Lack of async (for now, it's apparently planned) is pretty big for me...but I'm not that interested in the game anyway.
Among all the FFG franchises, they picked up my least preferred one :(

(Game could be awesome anyway, I'm just not that informed about it).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'll give it a shot. FFG usually has pretty good single player experiences, even if they mess up the asynchronous part.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Figured I'd post in here instead of the Galaxy Truckers thread.

I've had a lot of fun going through the campaign. I believe I'm on the final mission (Transgalactic Trek) and it's a huge pain. Very difficult as the opponents build their ships so quickly sometimes I don't see more than one or two life supports. The final stage is hard enough to get enough parts just to build a complete ship.

Looking forward to trying some online games. They did a great job with the turn based building as well.

Top Bottom