• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

Phinor

Screenshots of Playdek's upcoming organized gameplay system. Group chat and tournaments!

There's also a beta test sign-up on their new forum.

Looks great but I wonder if they are planning to release (any) updates to Summoner Wars Android version. They released the first beta June 6th and have released zero updates since. Over four months without a single update is pretty long time especially for a beta. It's still incompatible with all four of my devices.

Grifter

Astro did you play that expansion for Carc you sent me for the first tourney? It's batshit crazy.

Markoff, she reached me from half the country away to relay this:
"Tell Markov grates on that last game. He really whomped me"

Heel

Picked up Galaxy Trucker while it's on sale. Not really a fan of the art style, but seems like it'll be good fun. The writing is actually pretty good so far, haha.

What's the cardboard version like? Is there a "campaign" or is that unique to the digital version?

Karkador

Banned
Picked up Galaxy Trucker while it's on sale. Not really a fan of the art style, but seems like it'll be good fun. The writing is actually pretty good so far, haha.

What's the cardboard version like? Is there a "campaign" or is that unique to the digital version?

Most of that designer's games have had campaigns and stuff like that, so I wouldn't be surprised if Galaxy Trucker does.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It has a lot of different levels of difficulty, and some of the hero and villain decks are definitely quite complex and strategically interesting.

PittaGAF

Risottoball, did you receive my tourney challenge?
(App was recently updated so I'm not sure....I sent it long ago before update).

Anyone playing Talisman (not prologue)?
I know unfortunately it lacks async (the only thing that is preventing me to buy it) but I love the game and I wonder if you can pause the game, resume it later...etc...

Also...how is Small World 2 after the 2.0 update? (I know nothing about the game but I see many GC friends are playing it).

Thanks!

Grifter

Risottoball, did you receive my tourney challenge?
(App was recently updated so I'm not sure....I sent it long ago before update).

My games list has been acting weird but I didn't see one until yesterday. I was afraid a tourney game would start with a stealth needle on the table, yikes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Astro did you play that expansion for Carc you sent me for the first tourney? It's batshit crazy.

Markoff, she reached me from half the country away to relay this:
"Tell Markov grates on that last game. He really whomped me"

Oh haha no I have not. We've been playing some of the one-off Carc standalones and not the base game in a while.

PittaGAF

Anyone playing Talisman (not prologue)?
I know unfortunately it lacks async (the only thing that is preventing me to buy it) but I love the game and I wonder if you can pause the game, resume it later...etc...

Also...how is Small World 2 after the 2.0 update? (I know nothing about the game but I see many GC friends are playing it).

Thanks!

Sorry to quote myself....anyone?

PittaGAF

Couldn't resist and bought Talisman Digital this morning.
Absolutely LOVING it...right there with Elder Sign and Carcassonne as my favorite board games, but I still think they are losing a huge opportunity without async, no matter how many spells you could cast.

Karak

Couldn't resist and bought Talisman Digital this morning.
Absolutely LOVING it...right there with Elder Sign and Carcassonne as my favorite board games, but I still think they are losing a huge opportunity without async, no matter how many spells you could cast.

Ya its amazing.

Quasar

Huh, I don't know anything about battle lore, but that looks kinda cool.

The bigger news is FFG is making digital stuff!

GIMME NETRUNNER

I just desparately want a version of their Game of Thrones boardgame. Seems the perfectbtime with its popularity at its height.

PittaGAF

Fantasy Flight Games are sitting on a gold mine, but I think there are copyright issues for some franchises.

I would love their XWing Miniature game, Imperial Assault, Warhammer cards or Game of Thrones games on digital but I think Star Wars/Warhammer and GoT rights on digital are not their to be freely used.

Thrak360

Neo Member
(ios)Ascension is very hard to successfully start or switch to at the moment.
I'm being dumped to the home screen a lot.
Zero problems for me. But I play on an old iPod with iOS 6, so maybe that's the reason. I guess the problems explain why all the games in my game list are moving at a glacial pace.

Grifter

Doesn't actual GoT take several hours live? Put that on async and you're looking at months considering Carc games stretch on for weeks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Doesn't actual GoT take several hours live? Put that on async and you're looking at months considering Carc games stretch on for weeks.

You could do it live. tbh Galaxy Trucker games with 3 take 90-110m IRL and on the app take maybe 10-15? Too bad most people seem to be playing the async more.

Top Bottom