• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] New Scorpio Spec Leak: ESRAM Gone, GPU Features Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamz

What are the chances of this thing not having UHD player?

I wanted to trade in my Xbox One S when this comes out. But I will be forced to keep it if MS decides to cut corner and pull Sony.

Zero. No way would they cheap out on that. It wouldn't make sense to have it on their lower end model and not their elite model.

Ushay

I wanted to trade in my Xbox One S when this comes out. But I will be forced to keep it if MS decides to cut corner and pull Sony.

Doubtful, then again most of us assumed the Pro would come with one too..

ethomaz

Banned
If you believe Crapgamer he said a new document was leaked in the last podcast but I just read the title... it is not worthy of my time to watch it.

Ushay

If you believe Crapgamer he said a new document was leaked in the last podcast but I just read the title... it is not worthy of my time to watch it.

Does this happen to be the same document Jez (WinCentral) was talking about? He mentioned there would be an article some time this week.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

0%.

The 'standard' model has a UHD player and it was an obvious advantage and selling point for them in their own advertisements. Scorpio which is the premium option will have it...probably with even more A/V options and updated spec.

ethomaz

Banned
Does this happen to be the same document Jez (WinCentral) was talking about? He mentioned there would be an article some time this week.
Well the title is "New Xbox Scorpio Documents Leak And A Possible Price Point! OMG!!".

Jez usually do podcast with the Crapgamer team.

I tried. I made it three minutes and that's all I could last. Too much cringe. When they lead off apologizing to the girl on the podcast that Conan Exiles wouldn't show dicks to her chagrin I knew we were in for a quality production.

ethomaz

Banned
Who is crap gamer? Excuse my ignorance.
I prefer to left this question for somebody else because I believe I'm too biased as I never found nothing good to say about Crapgamer.

He is a youtuber that mainly focus on trash everything about PlayStation if I could describe him.

Edit - He got a bit more of fame when Phil invited him to E3 some years ago... I believe Phil didn't know it was terrible marketing for Xbox lol because even Xbox fans can't follow him.

m23

I prefer to left this question for somebody else because I believe I'm too biased as I never found nothing good to say about Crapgamer.

He is a youtuber that mainly focus on trash everything about PlayStation if I could describe him.

Edit - He got a bit more of fame when Phil invited him to E3 some years ago... I believe Phil didn't know it was terrible marketing for Xbox lol because even Xbox fans can't follow him.

I see, I think I've seen the name thrown around a bit. Thanks.

MilkyJoe

that sounds like today, if he tweeted that 12 hours ago.

Now we wait

giphy.gif

Fuck it I'm going to go get some lunch ..

get ready for that 12GB GDDR confirmation of ram yalllllll

From his tweets, I think he has news of benchmarks, how far they can push it etc.

m23

He's already stated he doesn't know about the CPU or GPU, not sure what will be in this article of his.

Hawk269

He's already stated he doesn't know about the CPU or GPU, not sure what will be in this article of his.

Perhaps confirmation or more solid proof of the 12gb which I think is a pretty big deal. It could also be something we may not be aware of as well that is not CPU/GPU related.

Colbert

Banned

There is so much more regarding the specs that isn't public or confirmed.

Even if we know something about memory speed the amount of memory is unknown (even most info points to 12GB), we don't know for sure what type of RAM MS will use (my best guess would be GDDR5 b/c of availability and cost), we don't know the exact speed of the memory as I guess the 320GB/s was a target number and so on.

It also could be clock frequencies for CPU or GPU which won't tell you the technology behind it. It could be the size and typ of the harddrive.

It could be something totally different as we all know that the Xbox One had some additional flash memory in it. Maybe the do a similar thing about memory like the PS4 Pro and add extra DDR3/4 memory in it for purposes like in the PS4 Pro.

The more info we get the better we can judge how "premium" the console is going to be!

m23

There is so much more regarding the specs that isn't public or confirmed.

Even if we know something about memory speed the amount of memory is unknown (even most info points to 12GB), we don't know for sure what type of RAM MS will use (my best guess would be GDDR5 b/c of availability and cost), we don't know the exact speed of the memory as I guess the 320GB/s was a target number and so on.

It also could be clock frequencies for CPU or GPU which won't tell you the technology behind it. It could be the size and typ of the harddrive.

It could be something totally different as we all know that the Xbox One had some additional flash memory in it. Maybe the do a similar thing about memory like the PS4 Pro and add extra DDR3/4 memory in it for purposes like in the PS4 Pro.

The more info we get the better we can judge how "premium" the console is going to be!

Yeah I'm all for some more info, I just hope we all don't end up getting disappointed by this article... Likely will happen.

im going to guess that he will report confirmation on current games that will receive a scorpio patch to take advantage of the system.

maybe list a few games and then have some type of quote confirming the 12gb of ram.

idk, im just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom