• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] New Scorpio Spec Leak: ESRAM Gone, GPU Features Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynomutt

I have confirmed so far that it will be made by Microsoft, most likely contain sometime of plastic and or metal. The packing will be made or cardboard and stock paper. Accessories may or may not be wrapped in plastic.

Leaks have confirmed that plans to include an arc reactor were scrapped due to overheating issues. Will be powered by electricity.

It hasn't been verified yet but I am certain It will not be released in the next 24 hours.

Jez about to drop that hot info that Life of Black Tiger is getting an Xbox One port and will be a Scorpio showcase title

its probably nothing

shandy706

Hold your expectations so you don't get disappointed!

Always.

I'm sure there will be a thread "lol'ing" and confronting the like 10 people that are massively overly hyped and thought this things would have 2018 hardware in it.

Then the thread heads to 30 pages of posts by 99% of people in it talking about "disappointment" and how "everyone" (10 people = everyone) shouldn't have gotten so hyped.

Heheh

I'm just sitting here expecting a console around 6TF that has a custom early-late 2016 hardware that performs really well due to being a closed system.

You can now sign up for email updates from Microsoft about Scorpio, is that new?

I am anxious to know the price.
630x.jpg

Colbert

Banned
I'm expecting a whole lot of nothing.

Jez - "Scorpio exists, people have seen it. More in the future stay tuned!".

Duhhhhhhh

It is fucking nothing...

I have confirmed so far that it will be made by Microsoft, most likely contain sometime of plastic and or metal. The packing will be made or cardboard and stock paper. Accessories may or may not be wrapped in plastic.

Leaks have confirmed that plans to include an arc reactor were scrapped due to overheating issues. Will be powered by electricity.

It hasn't been verified yet but I am certain It will not be released in the next 24 hours.

Interesting to me how some people treat somebody who is trying to provide info and has access to inside sources and material about a topic you are so interested in to join this thread.

Is that the way other people should treat you? And what are your "contributions" to the matter other than blaming and criticizing those who are willing to share information with you even it is their job to do so? Any leaks by you? Anything?

Exactly - NOTHING!

gamz

Interesting to me how some people treat somebody who is trying to provide info and has access to inside sources and material about a topic you are so interested in to join this thread.

Is that the way other people should treat you? And what are your "contributions" to the matter other than blaming and criticizing those who are willing to share information with you even it is their job to do so? Any leaks by you? Anything?

Exactly - NOTHING!

Thank you. Well said.

It has begun

Product Availability Notice
Xbox Project Scorpio
We will use your email address to send you a single email when this product is in stock.

Would be interesting if they kept that name. but that is what i see when i sign up for the email alert.

Bobnob

Andrew Bennets(the Author)
first comment as struck fear into me. If the elite controller can be a success at the price then i see no problem with XS......

Exactly - NOTHING!
I'm a huge Xbox fanboy so I'm definitely hoping for some good info today. I'm just not letting my expectations lead to disappointment, that's all. 🙃

I do think people who expect it to be 399 will be disappointed. It'll be at least 499.
I've been assuming it'll be $499. For the amount of power they keep hinting at, it would definitely be a reasonable price.

Though if they somehow undercut that, it would be a pleasant surprise haha

Colbert

Banned
I'm a huge Xbox fanboy so I'm definitely hoping for some good info today. I'm just not letting my expectations lead to disappointment, that's all. 🙃

Fair.

Don't believe I am hyped about the info but as I said already in a different post every single information or confirmation about the capabilities / features will help to get a better judgement on the box. Just because it is not a leak of the info we are desperately looking for like the whole Zen thing doesn't mean it is useless information or nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom