• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

fernoca

Will there be a PSN release? Guessing normal 59.99 price?
$19.99 until January 2016. $29.99 then. Is the Toy Box only, you also need a base and a figure. Then playsets to play the themed games.

Left the Wii U version downloading, bought a few figures, will post impressions later as I have to give a bath to my dog and cook.

MaLDo

PC version of 3.0 is not out yet but it seems to be working the same way as 1.0 and 2.0 based on the cards that come with the figures

Awesome. It is fantastic to add lots of characters buying cheap cards or codes over a free game.

I hope is 60 fps again too being the best version around.

JohngPR

All th previous character are playable in the 3.0 Toy Box mode.

I doubt they re-recorded the action sounds and quips for previous characters.

Ohhh ok, toy box mode. I think there is some new dialogue. I've been playing Toybox with my son and when he was Anakin and I was Spidey, Spidey said, "Greetings Earthling...you are an Earthling, right?" or something to that extent.

mreddie

Looked like my Target DID have Quorra

CNsHmp-VAAAnKna.jpg:large

JohngPR

Here is my haul for today:

LjXz6Oe.jpg

I play all of these with my son and I always forget how different his approach is to this stuff. He'd much rather play toybox mode and I want to play the playsets. :p

We did play some of the Twilight of the Republic though and it's much improved from 2.0. The combat feels tighter and more impactful and chaining a combo together is pretty satisfying. As far as the missions structure I'm glad they went away from the structure they had in 2.0.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dang it i'm so bummed I was not able to get the game today since Best Buy did not have enough Saga Editions to fulfill orders...

My fault for cancelling my first order (It was set to ship not pick-up in store, and I wanted to change that... should have left it be)

Hope I can play by Tues or Weds

The figures are a great, I'm really loving Yoda and Zeb (he's massive!)

curb

Banned
I picked up a Yoda and Kanaan today while I wait for my Saga Bundle to get shipped to me. They look so great. I thought the 2.0 Marvel figures looked good but I think they surpassed them by a lot with these new ones.

Cleve

Here is my haul for today:
I play all of these with my son and I always forget how different his approach is to this stuff. He'd much rather play toybox mode and I want to play the playsets. :p

We did play some of the Twilight of the Republic though and it's much improved from 2.0. The combat feels tighter and more impactful and chaining a combo together is pretty satisfying. As far as the missions structure I'm glad they went away from the structure they had in 2.0.

Interesting. Anyone know what's going on with the toybox takovers? Mine is backordered at bestbuy.

Vestal

Gold Member
With the Character wheel available does the game require the base station to always be connected to play?

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't see it in Amazon though.

It's on toysrus.com (with in-store pickup option) and there's probably other places that have it. Amazon might just be lagging, I read they are having people jump through additional hoops to get the pre-order bonus for some reason:

I know with Amazon.com as soon as they sent out my game bundle I got an email saying there was a credit on my account to purchase the Toybox Takeover for free. They then sent me a link to that product and I had to "order" it separately for free. Looks like that is expected to ship later next week.

Ecto311

Since the game isnt up on xbox one yet for download - anyone know if there is any DLC to be concerned about? Got a $50 card and not sure if there are other things worth picking up or just download octodad and say fu infinity DLC.

Gameboy415

I probably won't pick up the actual game for a bit, but I got Mulan, Yoda, and both Tron characters at Best Buy today. :)
Came out to ~$33 (before tax) thanks to their 'B3G1 free' deal & GCU!

mreddie

Since the game isnt up on xbox one yet for download - anyone know if there is any DLC to be concerned about? Got a $50 card and not sure if there are other things worth picking up or just download octodad and say fu infinity DLC.

No DLC just future sets like the Force Awakens set or the new Toy Box games.

Rootbeer

Banned
One of the major reasons I decided to jump into DI 3.0 is because we are aren't getting any dedicated console/PC games for The Force Awakens anytime this year or early next year. Battlefront will be great but it's barely TFA realated.

With DI 3.0 there will be an entire playset for TFA and I'm really looking forward to that.

So if you want a The Force Awakens videogame to play anytime soon this is your only real shot for now.

ChrisDM

Have any of the digital versions went up yet? Been with family all day so never got to check. Looks like it isn't up on PSN at the very least.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
lol this game is pretty awesome. My kids are freaking out in the toy box mode. Seeing all of the different Disney characters and items/cars/vehicles that come out these vending machines is amazing. I love anything Disney related lol. Environments changing around too. Just had the Lion King theme come on and the whole back ground changed to the Lion King scenery. I'm really impressed and my kids minds are blown

WatTsu

Went in hard on 2.0 last year (stupid Marvel fandom) but resolved to cut back a little this time, or at least spread it out. Got the Saga Edition 20% off at Best Buy, picked up Mulan, Sabine, and Yoda too. Figures are gorgeous, can't wait until I get a chance to actually play it.

Hawk269

Anyone else thankful that they are not doing the power disks as blind packs this time?

For those unaware...with DI1.0 and 2.0 the power disks were sold in packs of 2, but you did not know what was in each one, so for those trying to get them all you would have spend a fortune and end up with a ton of duplicates. With 3.0, the are being sold as a pack of 4 Disks and you can see all 4 so you know what you are getting. So much better than the old way.

Borman

I want the light-up figures to come out already. Holding off on buying those particular ones until they do.

KC Denton

How are the Trophies/Achievements? Are there Trophies for each playset? Should I just get it for Wii U?

Based on what I saw, the achievements/trophies are generalized so they don't specifically apply to individual playsets. As far as I can tell they aren't too difficult but may take a while.

LaserHawk

TO those who have it, does the Toybox have the Tron Legacy Sky and Terrain?

Those came on power discs in Disney Infinity 1.0, and that's still the only way you can get them (though I imagine their eBay prices would not be bad). In 3.0 you can purchase the sky and terrain for Classic Tron using sparks in the toy store.

EDIT: eBay prices not as reasonable as I assumed. :(

mreddie

Those came on power discs in Disney Infinity 1.0, and that's still the only way you can get them (though I imagine their eBay prices would not be bad). In 3.0 you can purchase the sky and terrain for Classic Tron using sparks in the toy store.

EDIT: eBay prices not as reasonable as I assumed. :(

Damn youse Avalanche.

fernoca

Well, while out decided to cancel the Amazon order(s) and just get things around. Ended spending the same even after taxes and got more things.

Wii U download finished hours ago (10GB + 150MB update), but had to bath my dog, laundry, cook, and some other things...so, will finally play now.

Though the problems of the previous Wii U games didn't bothered me (barely noticed framerate dips and the lower-res was no big deal)...others hated the Wii U games for that..will see if tgere are any improvements.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On the subject of Inside Out Playset

It didn't get great reviews, but my kids especially the girl child loves it. Seems perfect for the kids.

Also maybe it's just me but the production values seem a step up from last year's 2.0.

Can't wait to see what the new Marvel play set it like. 4 players is great, I bought a lot of those figures. Someone on GAF mentioned Powerstone, but I've not seen anything myself. Looking forward to playing 3.0 on Friday, I got it for my lil bro.

Hex

Banned
What the fuck man

So I got this email from Amazon about my Toy Box Takeover that comes with the pre-order

Except I can't find that product on Amazon.ca, and Amazon.com wants THIRTY DOLLARS to ship it.

You do know that you can...you know...call Amazon?

mreddie

I was gonna get the Tron Discs on Toywiz but I had a gut feeling something was off, was right.

Fuck it, Amazon it is.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Watching my kids play Inside Out is like watching them play Mario 3d World. They argue sooo much about getting the most balloons. LoL

Hex

Banned
Going to return my Aladdin tomorrow and pick up the Aladdin toy pack with Aladdin and Jasmine and the power discs instead.

Top Bottom