• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

graffix13

One of the major reasons I decided to jump into DI 3.0 is because we are aren't getting any dedicated console/PC games for The Force Awakens anytime this year or early next year. Battlefront will be great but it's barely TFA realated.

With DI 3.0 there will be an entire playset for TFA and I'm really looking forward to that.

So if you want a The Force Awakens videogame to play anytime soon this is your only real shot for now.

Yep this is a great point and another reason why I bought DI 3.0.

Are Finn and Rey going to be the only TFA figures?

Can you not download Toyboxes from 2.0 for 3.0.
Really wanted that "cursed night" toybox or whatever it was called.

Production Values are light years beyond 2.0.

Bravo to the dev teams. Game has been stepped up!

Its nice that they didn't have to deal with Marvel's FU locking their characters off separately this time.
From the Hub you basically have Halloween Town next door to a part of Endor.
Also you get stuff like the actual music(loads of SW tracks) to generic stuff for Marvel.

The Star Wars Hall of Heroes is the coolest thing I have seen from Disney infinity,
Just perfect.

Hex

Banned
Probably not.

Johny V. heavily implied on Twitter that they were coming.

I can swear that I have seen prototypes of the figures or I am going crazy.

Anyway, ordered Sully and Black Widow used from Gamestop and the Captain Marvel power disc pack.

How's everyone liking the game so far? I'm not too into Star Wars but love the Disney characters and Inside Out.

Was thinking about going digital for 20 on either the PS4 or Wii U. Got the portal and tons of characters from the earlier ones :)

graffix13

How's everyone liking the game so far? I'm not too into Star Wars but love the Disney characters and Inside Out.
)

I am liking it alot. Just playing as Anakin right now and my plan is to max him out before moving to another character. Although the temptation to go buy Zeb at Gamestop tomorrow is already eating at me...

Was thinking about going digital for 20 on either the PS4 or Wii U. Got the portal and tons of characters from the earlier ones :)

Definitely the best version by far, it just feels right so far and lives up to the promise of incorporating these series together.

Don't have the Toybox games to judge that yet though.

So far I have
Ahsoka at 14
Sabine at 8
Han at 3
Obi-Wan at 2

Shot in the dark here, but did anyone get an extra Toy Box Takeover? As I'm going digital not sure I'll be able to procure one later, I could always paypal you a few bucks for shipping and your troubles if you do.

Thanks!

Shot in the dark here, but did anyone get an extra Toy Box Takeover? As I'm going digital not sure I'll be able to procure one later, I could always paypal you a few bucks for shipping and your troubles if you do.

Thanks!

I noticed it came with a code so maybe you could find one that way if you're going digital?

I noticed it came with a code so maybe you could find one that way if you're going digital?

I'll check PSN and eShop to see if it mentions anything about it. Thanks for the suggestion!

I am liking it alot. Just playing as Anakin right now and my plan is to max him out before moving to another character. Although the temptation to go buy Zeb at Gamestop tomorrow is already eating at me...

Definitely the best version by far, it just feels right so far and lives up to the promise of incorporating these series together.

Don't have the Toybox games to judge that yet though.

So far I have
Ahsoka at 14
Sabine at 8
Han at 3
Obi-Wan at 2

Thanks for the info fellas! Yeah, I'll probably pick up the Republic Playset when it goes cheaper, glad to hear the great impressions so far though :)

fernoca

Thanks!

I'll check PSN and eShop to see if it mentions anything about it. Thanks for the suggestion!
I went digital (Wii U, playing right now).
It should be noted that Takeover is a standalone/retail purchase. While it was given away to preorders, you can buy it across any retailer for $19.99, so there's no need to worry about it. Is not a limited release or anything like that.

The only incentive for going digital is the lower entry price if you have things already ($20 for the game, so in a way...that's the preorder extra).

You can play the intro without af base and character, but after that you need at least the base and 1 figure to proceed.

Anyway, just starting on Wii U and nothing bad to report. Though as I mentioned earlier I had no problem with the dips in franerate and lower res of the previous two games, so in a techie-side of things I can't say much. It does look really good and clean.

Will try the Toybox Takeover and Twilight of the Republic playset.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
edit. Answered in the OP it seems.

Just bought 3.0. My brother works at a retailer so I'm ensuring I secure Olaf and the Inside/Out toys at the very least. Olaf, like Anna and Elsa will be impossible to get within a month or so.

MrMephistoX

edit. Answered in the OP it seems.

Just bought 3.0. My brother works at a retailer so I'm ensuring I secure Olaf and the Inside/Out toys at the very least. Olaf, like Anna and Elsa will be impossible to get within a month or so.

Well until they re-release them you can find Elsa and Anna anywhere now...unlike Amiibos...sigh.

RobbieNick

Fucking Best Buy fucked up my PS4 Saga pre-order and now I have several figures and no game to play them on until Tuesday or possibly Friday!

It wouldn't be too bad if there was the digital version out. SO WHERE THE FUCK IS IT?! I guess those people who wanted to save money are fucked too since they can't download it.

What's worse is that my Gamestop has the Saga bundle, but they closed early and if I cancel my BB order, I'll miss out on the $20 Toy Box pack and my $23 savings by being a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

fernoca

So, been playing Toybox Takeover since my last post. The Diablo-like games from 2.0 were my favorite so I may be a bit biased, but...

Glad to see them finally doing something gameplay-wise that can match the Skylanders games!

You can play with any character, each area themed around a a property, you can swap to any character at any time, there's a (simple, but whatever) storyline with all characters from all worlds.

This is were they should focus from now on.

Anyone on the fence that liked Skylanders, but was disappointed with how Infinity played. If you still have the base and some figures: Grab the digital version for $20, the Takeover disc in stores for $20 and play with what you have right there! :p

Using Flynn in the Pirates of the Caribbean area said:
eqLGspr.jpg
And with Mickey fighting Davy Jones said:

Big Brett

There any way of getting a cheap PS4 controller? My nephew's gonna be bummed when we can't play co-op together because his uncle has no friends

ghibli99

Order shipped... hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week. :p GCU helps ease the sting, but the wait still sucks. Can't wait to finally give this series a shot!

Kitoro

Really tempted to sell my Boba Fett on eBay for $50 plus another $25 bonus with their current promo. That's like $20 shy of what I spent on this edition of the game...

fernoca

Well, giving some rest to (the quite awesome) Toybox Takeover.

Starting Twilight of the Republic, it does look really good.
So far, 3.0 looks and feels as if more care, effort and love were put in everything. 2.0 felt kind of underwhelming at first. A really good first impression so far (again, on Wii U).

I spent over an hour in the Toy Box, trying to do all of its tutorials and checking things out, then played the Starter Set's Play Set for a bit.

So far, it's been quite good. It's a bit overwhelming, though that's usually the case.

The feats seem more difficult, too.

I'm hoping to beat the Play Set tomorrow, so long as I can devote five hours to it. Apparently it's between 5-6 hours long?

EDIT: How does farming work?

WatTsu

Played a bit in the toy box hub and some of Twilight of the Empire. This is a dramatic improvement over 2.0, to the point where I actually regret getting the game last year (plethora of cool Marvel figures aside). Driving actually works and the combat is legitimately fun. Can't wait to play more.

Edit: I did run into a glitch where I started clipping through everything in the Hub and couldn't actually finish some missions as a result but a quit and reload fixed that.

Did they add combos or more elaborate combat to older characters? I love Ralph and Vanellope but compared to any of the Marvel guys they kind of sucked in 2.0

I'd really like to be able to play as them in the Toy Box Takeover thing with my lil sister without her complaining how awful they are and we should just use Elsa and iron man lol

Neoxon

Did they add combos or more elaborate combat to older characters? I love Ralph and Vanellope but compared to any of the Marvel guys they kind of sucked in 2.0

I'd really like to be able to play as them in the Toy Box Takeover thing with my lil sister without her complaining how awful they are and we should just use Elsa and iron man lol
If I recall, the Ninja Theory adjustments apply to anyone with a melee weapon. Not sure about the Disney characters, but Gamora, Drax, & Cap will take advantage of the changes at the very least.

Dimorphic

So how does this work? I have the Disney Infinity 2.0 starter kit (the Marvel one). What do I need to get here? Should I just buy the 3.0 starter kit?

fernoca

So how does this work? I have the Disney Infinity 2.0 starter kit (the Marvel one). What do I need to get here? Should I just buy the 3.0 starter kit?
Depends.
On PS4 and Wii U you could buy the digital version for $20 ($30 on Xbox One) and:
-The Twilight of the Republic playset for $35, which on PS4 and Wii U would be like getting everything the Starter Pack has with a $10 discount (or no discount on Xbox One).

-Just the digital version, plug the base and use the characters you have on the Toy Box amd play random games created by the team and others. Maybe a new character or two.

Toys R Us has buy one get one 40% off, but figures costs $1 more. They also have an offer that if you buy a starter pack ($65) and 3 figures you get 40% off the figures.

Best Buy has buy 3 get 4th free, but some didn't received their stock or received too few.

Dimorphic

Depends.
On PS4 and Wii U you could buy the digital version for $20 ($30 on Xbox One) and:
-The Twilight of the Republic playset for $35, which on PS4 and Wii U would be like getting everything the Starter Pack has with a $10 discount (or no discount on Xbox One).

-Just the digital version, plug the base and use the characters you have on the Toy Box amd play random games created by the team and others. Maybe a new character or two.

Toys R Us has buy one get one 40% off, but figures costs $1 more. They also have an offer that if you buy a starter pack ($65) and 3 figures you get 40% off the figures.

Best Buy has buy 3 get 4th free, but some didn't received their stock or received too few.

Thanks mate.

I guess I should preface that I'm in Australia. The only stuff I can see here locally is the Starer Pack and some individual figures (Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Yoda, some of the other Disney ones, etc.)

I bought 2.0 and literally never played it but the Star Wars 3.0 theme has sold me (and the reviews are looking great too).

Trying to decide the best way to go. Digitally may not work cause I can't seem to see any of the play-sets here yet outside of the Starter Kits.

Kitoro

Is the co-op in the 3.0 playsets split-screen like in 1.0? I'd love if they worked in same screen co-op with a dynamic camera to keep both players visible.

BONDO

Is the co-op in the 3.0 playsets split-screen like in 1.0? I'd love if they worked in same screen co-op with a dynamic camera to keep both players visible.

I agree!!
But i saw my boys playing co-op and it was split screen sadly.

Thanks mate.

I guess I should preface that I'm in Australia. The only stuff I can see here locally is the Starer Pack and some individual figures (Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Yoda, some of the other Disney ones, etc.)

I bought 2.0 and literally never played it but the Star Wars 3.0 theme has sold me (and the reviews are looking great too).

Trying to decide the best way to go. Digitally may not work cause I can't seem to see any of the play-sets here yet outside of the Starter Kits.

Australia sucks. Preordering is the best option at the moment since you get the Toybox Takeover for free (Saving like $25) but then you get an extra base.

There's no digital preorder yet, but Stevivor told me it should be $40 for the Toy Box. Couple that with the $40 Twilight of the Republic playset, you're at $80.
Then if you want the Toybox Takeover, since it wasn't preordered and gotten for free, it should be $25 extra, leading to $105 for the basics right now, which if preordered physical comes to $100.

Dimorphic

Australia sucks. Preordering is the best option at the moment since you get the Toybox Takeover for free (Saving like $25) but then you get an extra base.

There's no digital preorder yet, but Stevivor told me it should be $40 for the Toy Box. Couple that with the $40 Twilight of the Republic playset, you're at $80.
Then if you want the Toybox Takeover, since it wasn't preordered and gotten for free, it should be $25 extra, leading to $105 for the basics right now, which if preordered physical comes to $100.

I just ended up buying the Starter Kit. I'll slowly collect other playsets as I see them. It'll do for now.

Hawk269

Depends.

The Toys R Us deal is buy 1 get 1 50% off, not 40% off. They have a separate deal if you buy the starter set where you get 3 figures for $9.00 each which is the 40% you mentioned. It is pretty good deal, that is where I bought my stuff. Basically about $90 bucks for a starter set and 3 figures.

I am really enjoying the game. Just playing the single player story right now and it is so much better than anything in 1 or 2 already. At the end of the month we get the Galactic Empire playset, which would be another 5-6 hours campaign and during holiday there is the Episode 7 playset. I have no interest in the non-star wars playsets and primarily will just be getting SW figures/add-on's.

Rated-G

Has anyone done the Power Puzzles from
The Building Based Toy Boxes portal in the Toy Box Hub?

The editor controls feel uncharacteristically clunky in this level, giving an added layer of frustration to these puzzles. I did the first three but had to give up on the fourth because I was getting a headache from trying to get it to work.

Other than that. I'm really enjoying the game. It feels much more polished than the previous two games and there's much more to do. It's been like 9 hours and I haven't even touched anything Star Wars related yet.

Dimorphic

I don't think I'll touch the toy box. I don't like creation games (I've never played Minecraft) and think I'll be sticking to the playsets.

Does the Infinity 2.0 stuff work here or do I still need that game?

Rootbeer

Banned
Please read the OP if you have questions about compatibility... it keeps getting asked and it's in the OP for a reason!

People who didn't pre-order done fucked up. The Toybox Takeover turns DI 3.0 into a Disney Diablo-like and it's free... but only for pre-orders. Gotta buy it for $20 if you didn't.
Really tempted to sell my Boba Fett on eBay for $50 plus another $25 bonus with their current promo. That's like $20 shy of what I spent on this edition of the game...
Is it really going for that much... wowza. Can't wait for my copy to get here.

robotrock

Banned
I don't know how this stuff works, so please bear with me!

When the Marvel Battlegrounds playset releases next year, how will they add it to the game? Is it already on the disc and content complete, or will they issue a patch for everyone when it releases? Or will it be a DLC add on you get for free from the store and then use the Playset to access it?

God I really wanna get this looks so good!

Might get it around Christmas because there's so many games coming out that I want!

My best mate worked on the combat on the game as he works for NT so I thank him for the sweet combat in this game :)

fernoca

I don't know how this stuff works, so please bear with me!

When the Marvel Battlegrounds playset releases next year, how will they add it to the game? Is it already on the disc and content complete, or will they issue a patch for everyone when it releases? Or will it be a DLC add on you get for free from the store and then use the Playset to access it?
Not sure yet. Some things are on the disc already, while others may be updated through a patch. Like, we know there will be a playset based on The Force Awakens and figures, but there are no mentions of them in the game at the moment.

Top Bottom