• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Durden77

What the hell is up with these slingshots in the Tron gamegrid challenge? I can't get them to work.

Also is there a way to get rid of that notification that asks you want to do when you get back to the Toybox? I've already did the sidekick tutorial stop bothering me about it.

OH, and what the hell is the point/difference between team player and helping hand? I've never had to revive anyone.

OH, and what the hell is the point/difference between team player and helping hand? I've never had to revive anyone.
One decreases the amount of time it takes to revive someone and the other reduces the amount of hp you sacrifice to revive someone. These sort of skills may come in handy for multiplayer games like toy box takeover.

Durden77

One decreases the amount of time it takes to revive someone and the other reduces the amount of hp you sacrifice to revive someone. These sort of skills may come in handy for multiplayer games like toy box takeover.

But I thought that when characters died in toy box takeover they just died? How do you even revive someone?

But I thought that when characters died in toy box takeover they just died? How do you even revive someone?
In takeover and playset multiplayer, you can revive other players by pressing X/ㅁ while standing over their spark where they died. If everyone dies then at least one person has to switch out a character. Obviously if you're playing by yourself your only option is to switch characters or reset to checkpoint.

Durden77

In takeover and playset multiplayer, you can revive other players by pressing X/ㅁ while standing over their spark where they died. If everyone dies then at least one person has to switch out a character. Obviously if you're playing by yourself your only option is to switch characters or reset to checkpoint.

Ahhhh I did not know this. And I'm guessing that uses some of your HP? Doesn't seem that useful, but sometimes you gotta put points into it to get health which is annoying.

Finally cranked this back up and finished Twilight of the Republic. It was pretty awesome. Dunno about 100% it though. Lot of shit to do for not that much reward. I wish the feats would tell you what that unlock. Actually, do they even unlock anything? Or is that the missions themselves? Either way I wish I knew what I was working towards.

Certain characters already get a boost to the reviving abilities by default. Inside Out characters already revive faster than others for example. But yeah, it's really not worth investing points into.

Some feats do unlock toy box items and yes, it is annoying they don't say which. The toy store in the toy box will typically say for a particular item "Unlock this toy in (playset/mode)." If it doesn't say much else then it's usually tied to a feat.

Hello I finally got around to getting the marvel avengers starter set. I also got all 6 core avengers groot rocket drax hulkbuster and ultron. Wife will get me starlord gamora and spidey later this month. Looking forward to that battle arena and when preorders go up for panther vision and ant man

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Pre ordered the battlegrounds black panther vision antman and black spidey today.

So tempting to get them all...
I think I'm going to go for Battlegrounds + Antman for now

I'm still playing through the Star Wars sets. I haven't even touched building my own Toy Boxes yet.

Plasma

Banned
Amazon have the Battlegrounds playset up for £32, are they having a laugh? Only one figure and they're somehow trying to charge more.

So tempting to get them all...
I think I'm going to go for Battlegrounds + Antman for now

I'm still playing through the Star Wars sets. I haven't even touched building my own Toy Boxes yet.
Yeah I haven't started on building my own stuff yet. Started on the avengers story so far. Trying to level my guys up before battleground comes out

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I thought the Avengers set was pretty weak. My biggest issues were the lack of variety to the missions/enemies/locations. Really hoping Battlegrounds is an improvement.

Which is still a bit of a disappointment to me. I really like the structure of the Star Wars play sets and I'd love to have one of those for Marvel with a decent little story and combat. You know, as opposed to just killing the exact same three Frost Giants over and over and over and over and over again.

Same here. Battlegrounds will probably be fine, but a quality Marvel campaign expansion would be best. Maybe in 4.0.

curb

Banned
Same here. Battlegrounds will probably be fine, but a quality Marvel campaign expansion would be best. Maybe in 4.0.

Yeah, I have no doubt Battlegrounds will be ok, it's just not really in line with what I want. I think I've been spoiled by how much I liked the 3.0 Star Wars stuff.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Yeah, I have no doubt Battlegrounds will be ok, it's just not really in line with what I want. I think I've been spoiled by how much I liked the 3.0 Star Wars stuff.

Yep, the 3.0 stuff has been pretty great. It's a shame the 2.0 playsets were weaker.
I wish future versions of the game would let you play the old playsets on the latest version but I know that's wishful thinking.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Best Buy has a fantastic sale this week.

All figures even the Light FX Anakin $9.99 ($4 off), Playsets $24.99 ($10 off), Toy Box Expansions $9.99 ($10 off), 3.0 Starter Pack $49.00 ($15 off), Power Discs $3.99 ($6 off), and the new Marvel Battlegrounds $19.99 ($10 off).

And the PS Exclusive Saga that comes with Republic/Empire sets, figures and Boba Fett $74.99 ($40 off).
I am finally jumping in, and will be going with this one as well as TFA Playset.

This is before the 20% GCU discount. So total for the Saga with 5 characters, and the TFA Playset only $80. Not bad.

Are the Power Discs worth it for the Star Wars sets since they are super cheap? Or just get the Speedway Expansion for $10?

So after this wave hits is that it? Or can we expect more Star Wars figures.
Unknown right now. 3.0 is the first game to add characters via patching the game post-release, so anything is possible. There's more characters coming but no Star Wars ones announced so far. It's possible we'll see more though.

Plasma

Banned
Unknown right now. 3.0 is the first game to add characters via patching the game post-release, so anything is possible. There's more characters coming but no Star Wars ones announced so far. It's possible we'll see more though.
I'm still hoping for more Star Wars characters it would be cool if they released Phasma.

curb

Banned
I think that would be for 4.0.

Depends on when they do 4.0. There's a chance they stretch out 3.0 a little longer but I personally doubt that will happen. At this point, if it's 4.0 this holiday than I doubt we'll get any new playsets between Battlegrounds and then.

So apparently I had to reset my figures on 3.0 go back to 2.0 and then back to 3.0 to choose share rights which i had already done. Weird. Also learned that if I level up 2.0 fig on 3.0 and go back to 2.0 that the fig will have his precious 2.0 level on 2.0 and his ranked up level on 3.0

DodgerSan

I thought the light fx figures were supposed to be appx $1 more than regular ones? Apparently in the UK that translates to about £7, because they are £20 on Amazon.

Mob

I thought the light fx figures were supposed to be appx $1 more than regular ones? Apparently in the UK that translates to about £7, because they are £20 on Amazon.

I paid £12.99 at the most for these when they released, they are retailer exclusives in the UK so I guess that's why the Amazon sellers are charging ripoff prices.

Vader & Kanan are £9.99 each at Game.
http://www.game.co.uk/en/light-fx-darth-vader-disney-infinity-3-0-figure-only-at-game-898691
http://www.game.co.uk/en/light-fx-kanan-disney-infinity-3-0-figure-only-at-game-914648

Yoda is £10 at Tesco.
http://www.tesco.com/direct/infinit...&pageLevel=sku&icid=spiffy_yoda_413-5196_yoda

Luke is £12.99 at Argos.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...51&langId=110&searchTerm=Luke+skywalker+light

Anakin is £7.99 at Smyths.
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...-0-light-up-anakin-figure/?cmp=cel&trigger=ac

Obi-Wan is Sainsburys in-store only, was £12.99 when I picked it up.

Here's a free PC web code for Kylo Ren for anyone who wants it:

Use quote to view and please say if you used it.

May the Force be with you!

Gandalf

I'm confused, and Google hasn't helped much. Probably answered already, but not going to look through 50+ pages...

Got the starter kit, and then purchased Kylo Ren and Darth Vader, but it says I have to find their Champion coin? Checked and both appear on Tatooine. How do I even play on Tatooine? Halp pls

Edit: Never mind. Started finding them in the story mode thing.

//ARCANUM

Does Best Buy have any sort of price protection? Because I pre-ordered marvel battlegrounds as soon as the deal went live for $29.99 (minus GCU) and got the free figure (which I've already picked up - the figure, not the game obviously).

Now it's on sale for $19.99 with the same deal, but the price isn't lowered in my order. What happens if I try and cancel my order since I already picked up the free figure? Will they try and charge me for the figure?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/1...D=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-E52oTC5jO4FnBlbo_PbfIQ

What should I do here? Do I need to contact Best Buy?

fenners

Does Best Buy have any sort of price protection? Because I pre-ordered marvel battlegrounds as soon as the deal went live for $29.99 (minus GCU) and got the free figure (which I've already picked up - the figure, not the game obviously).

Now it's on sale for $19.99 with the same deal, but the price isn't lowered in my order. What happens if I try and cancel my order since I already picked up the free figure? Will they try and charge me for the figure?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/1...D=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-E52oTC5jO4FnBlbo_PbfIQ

What should I do here? Do I need to contact Best Buy?

Just give them a call, as listed here on the BB website. If you just cancel, I *think* they'll deduct the cost of the 'free' figure from your refund. But just call, I'm confident they'll resolve the issue - I've actually had pretty good phone support from them in the past.

TyrantII

Read through the thread, but I'm still a little confused. Maybe someone can help.

PSN has "Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition" on sale as a digital download. Could I buy this and then buy the Force Awakens playset and play through that set / get the trophies and DI3.0 Platinum?

I wanted to get in with Force Awakens, but it seemed like the only 3.0 starter pack I was even slightly interested in was the Old Republic set + game, and then I'd have to splurge more on FA and the OT.

This would be a method to just get the game and the two sets, no?

//ARCANUM

Read through the thread, but I'm still a little confused. Maybe someone can help.

PSN has "Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition" on sale as a digital download. Could I buy this and then buy the Force Awakens playset and play through that set / get the trophies and DI3.0 Platinum?

I wanted to get in with Force Awakens, but it seemed like the only 3.0 starter pack I was even slightly interested in was the Old Republic set + game, and then I'd have to splurge more on FA and the OT.

This would be a method to just get the game and the two sets, no?

You'll also need a figure base station. This only comes officially with the starter pack :/. But you can probably find a base station cheaply on eBay/craigslist/amazon or something. Then what you're suggesting would work.

Bazry

Could someone point me in the right direction with this whole Disney Infinity thing, i've been reading up on Google and read the OP, but this whole thing still confuses.

Basically my 2 year old loves Cars and Lightning McQueen, he even watches youtube videos of people playing Disney Infinity where they'll be Lightning McQueen and The Hulk, who he also loves for some strange reason.

If I wanted to focus primary on Cars, what starter game am I best getting? I know Cars figures will work somewhat limited with 3.0, but would there be a base Cars game in 2.0? I'd prefer to get something for the PS4, but if I need 1.0 then I can always get the Wii U version

Could someone point me in the right direction with this whole Disney Infinity thing, i've been reading up on Google and read the OP, but this whole thing still confuses.

Basically my 2 year old loves Cars and Lightning McQueen, he even watches youtube videos of people playing Disney Infinity where they'll be Lightning McQueen and The Hulk, who he also loves for some strange reason.

If I wanted to focus primary on Cars, what starter game am I best getting? I know Cars figures will work somewhat limited with 3.0, but would there be a base Cars game in 2.0? I'd prefer to get something for the PS4, but if I need 1.0 then I can always get the Wii U version

The Cars playset is only playable on 1.0. In 2.0 and 3.0, the Cars characters are limited to the Toy Box. They are also the only characters to be excluded from the Toy Box expansions in 3.0.

Bazry

Thanks I suspected that to be the case, shame as he loves some of the Marvel characters also but would prefer there to be an actual game to play involving Cars. I'll get 1.0 and see how much he likes it then might expand from there

Top Bottom