• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Bazry

hmmm the expansion looks pretty good, just another expense :D

Would obviously prefer 3.0 so I have a wider range of stuff available, I see me ending up spending a fortune

Simbo

Neo Member
My son got Disney Infinty 3.0 for the first time at Christmas.......2 months later he has 2.0, 35 characters and about 7 playsets/expansions.

It certainly is a very expensive hobby 😊

Briarios

Ant-man, Black Panther, and Vision were anounced - along with Baloo from The Jungle Book. Battlegrounds looks fun.

Edit: Also hints at Alice & Nemo characters next time, and more marvel

I cant believe there are no R2D2 or C3PO Infinitys
I asked John Vignocci about R2 and he basically said that it came down to the same problems the Cars figures face where he (canonically) can't do the full range of actions that characters are required to do.

But they were open to making R2 anyway if there was demand. I think it'll happen in 4.0

mreddie

That's it?

DGLfkZg.gif

curb

Banned
Shorter presentation than I was expecting but I'm glad they're not pushing out a 4.0 this year. No surprise to me that they're sticking with the big pillars of Star Wars, Marvel, Disney proper and Pixar. Seems like the right move.

MAtgS

Shorter presentation than I was expecting but I'm glad they're not pushing out a 4.0 this year. No surprise to me that they're sticking with the big pillars of Star Wars, Marvel, Disney proper and Pixar. Seems like the right move.

What other pillars would there outside of those?

curb

Banned
What other pillars would there outside of those?

As opposed to delving into more theme stuff old Disney Afternoon cartoons or Kingdom Hearts. I should have mentioned "current Disney" in my comment as they're going to be promoting their newest movies over other characters and content.

curb

Banned
I wasn't able to watch their livestream but found a recap here. It had this interesting tidbit:

When asked about Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch:

Because Disney Infinity includes a toy component and a game component, creating new characters has the chance to infringe on existing merchandise partnerships. JV wouldn’t say what figures are or aren’t coming, but strongly implied some popular requests are not possible.

There has been lots of Twins merch to go along with Age of Ultron so it would surprise me if SW and QS couldn't be in Infinity but JV's response makes me wonder.

MrMephistoX

I wasn't able to watch their livestream but found a recap here. It had this interesting tidbit:

There has been lots of Twins merch to go along with Age of Ultron so it would surprise me if SW and QS couldn't be in Infinity but JV's response makes me wonder.

Could also have a lot to do with console gaming specifically doesn't activision still have the Xmen license?

curb

Banned
Could also have a lot to do with console gaming specifically doesn't activision still have the Xmen license?

Could be. JV did mention merch specifically though. I am just assuming it's in connection to the Twins but it could also be any number of other characters.

RobbieNick

The first to PM me gets free Judy and Nick digital codes!

EDIT: No replies? OH well. I'll just put them here.

Judy Hopps - 4L7J-SZ8Z-SDVY

Nick Wilde - L2HN-ZJMZ-M426

Rootbeer

Banned
I put in an order for a bunch of them, using that $20 code best buy sent me for the late arrival of fire emblem

black panther
ant man
vision
black suit spidey
and, somewhat reluctantly, the battlegrounds playset w/ Cap. But I really want to unlock the keyblade so I have to get it sooner or later.

really excited to get black panther

I keep getting screwed because I order a ton of figures and then not long after they have a big sale where you can get then for $7 or $8 each. so I'm trying to save a few figures for that.

*edit*

New page! Here are the links again for the new page:

New figures (including Boba Fett single packaged version, Black Panther, Ant Man, and more) are up for order on best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toys-to...0050003&nrp=25&cp=1&sp=-displaydate skuidsaas

and amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...finity&ie=UTF8&qid=1457125586&rnid=2528832011

Stargypsy

I'm in.
I held off for as long as I could but Best Buy had the saga set with a $66 price match from walmart. Looking forward to getting some playtime in this weekend.

curb

Banned
It looks like fun but I'll never have anyone to play it with. I can't see it being worth full price for me. I think I'll just get some new Marvel figures at launch and wait for a sale on the playset.

Mudo

I need help I'm confused! I want to buy this (1 for me and 1 for nephews) so what do I need?? I have never bought or played any toy to life stuff but the Star Wars seems like a great place to jump in. if I get the saga pack for $120 is that enough? is the toy box an extra $20 no matter what? if it makes a difference I need PS4 or Wiiu if there are no differences, and have to get wiiu for my nephews as that's all they have. thanks!

I need help I'm confused! I want to buy this (1 for me and 1 for nephews) so what do I need?? I have never bought or played any toy to life stuff but the Star Wars seems like a great place to jump in. if I get the saga pack for $120 is that enough? is the toy box an extra $20 no matter what? if it makes a difference I need PS4 or Wiiu if there are no differences, and have to get wiiu for my nephews as that's all they have. thanks!
This https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility will show you what is compatible with what. Hope it helps!

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=173221#p173221
to answer some questions ...

battlegrounds = story campaign mode
super hero = 1 player becomes "it" the super hero and the other players all attack that player. if another player defeats "it" they then become the super hero
hero af the hill = get inside the moving circle and keep other players out. whoever controls the circle longest wins. this can be done in teams or individually
rumble = every player for themselves and whoever scores most wins
custom = customise the settings of the different modes including health levels of characters, length of time rounds last, difficulty

only some of the arenas have a breakable floor that gives access to another level below. there are no more than 2 levels in any arena

figures and power discs need to be scanned in at each gaming session that the play set is used

each week a new digital trial version character from one of the figures that are available physically will be available (try before you buy sort of thing)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility will show you what is compatible with what. Hope it helps!

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=173221#p173221
to answer some questions ...

battlegrounds = story campaign mode
super hero = 1 player becomes "it" the super hero and the other players all attack that player. if another player defeats "it" they then become the super hero
hero af the hill = get inside the moving circle and keep other players out. whoever controls the circle longest wins. this can be done in teams or individually
rumble = every player for themselves and whoever scores most wins
custom = customise the settings of the different modes including health levels of characters, length of time rounds last, difficulty

only some of the arenas have a breakable floor that gives access to another level below. there are no more than 2 levels in any arena

figures and power discs need to be scanned in at each gaming session that the play set is used

each week a new digital trial version character from one of the figures that are available physically will be available (try before you buy sort of thing)

Thank you for not of these links and descriptions.

curb

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed that Battlegrounds is the Marvel playset for 3.0. I was so happy with the format of the Star Wars playsets and to then do what is really a multiplayer focused game for Marvel just isn't my jam.

I also think that Battlegrounds should have been a Toy Box game like Speedway or Takeover where any DI characters could go against each other.

weekev

Banned
Is there a known bug in RATE on Hoth where missions don't appear? Wampa attack and something Bullseye appear in my mission log but I can't do the missions and hence I can't leave Hoth. Am I restarting my save file GAF?

Top Bottom