• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

I've been mulling over that possibility. I'm sure if that Sony deal had come along sooner, we'd have skipped Black Suit Spidey and gone straight to MCU Spidey.

But to tell the truth MCU Spidey isn't much different than the Ultimate version already released. A few details in the uniform, but it is plain blue and red, no lines, etc. What MCU version has that the previous don't are the animated eyes, with will not be translated to a figure.

curb

Banned
I had an Ultron in my shopping cart at Walmart yesterday. Few dollars off - thought I'd finally pick one up. I ended up putting it back on the peg. I am so unenthused about the Marvel portion of Infinity. Battlegrounds was fine but I just can't get into the combat in that game if it doesn't involve a lightsaber. I really hope they spruce up that system if/when there is a 4.0.

Rhaegar

I had an Ultron in my shopping cart at Walmart yesterday. Few dollars off - thought I'd finally pick one up. I ended up putting it back on the peg. I am so unenthused about the Marvel portion of Infinity. Battlegrounds was fine but I just can't get into the combat in that game if it doesn't involve a lightsaber. I really hope they spruce up that system if/when there is a 4.0.

I actually felt alot like you did about the non-lightsaber combat until the last few days when I downloaded the toybox based on the Black Ops 2 zombie map that is a wave horde mode. Playing that bad boy on hard difficulty was actually a really nice challenge and I ended up having a blast leveling up my new Captain America and Spider-Man figures. There may be hope for the combat system after all...

ngower

Picked up Maul, Vader, Hawkeye and the 2.0 starter set at the BB sale (could have picked up a few more but pricematched some AC amiibo since they were cheap at Amazon). The 2.0 play set seems kinda boring--is the 3.0 Marvel stuff any better?

curb

Banned
I actually felt alot like you did about the non-lightsaber combat until the last few days when I downloaded the toybox based on the Black Ops 2 zombie map that is a wave horde mode. Playing that bad boy on hard difficulty was actually a really nice challenge and I ended up having a blast leveling up my new Captain America and Spider-Man figures. There may be hope for the combat system after all...

It has potential. The foundation is there. It just needs some work.

Picked up Maul, Vader, Hawkeye and the 2.0 starter set at the BB sale (could have picked up a few more but pricematched some AC amiibo since they were cheap at Amazon). The 2.0 play set seems kinda boring--is the 3.0 Marvel stuff any better?

I'm not real hot on Battlegrounds so I'm going to say "slightly". It's a very different game though as it's 4 player brawling with minimal story. 3.0's real improvement was in its weapon-based combat so Battlegrounds didn't really get in on that - it's mostly Star Wars that benefited.

Once you've gotten all the 3.0 characters (released thus far, including battlegrounds and baloo) up to at least lv1, you need to go to all the Hall of Heroes areas and activate all their pedestals.

Once all those pedestals are active (just walk up to them, it will trigger, takes a little while to do them all) you'll get the Kingdom Key in whatever hall you're in. There's a little cutscene and everything. It's impossible to miss.

This is what it looks like when you're in the Star Wars hall and the unlock happens

Look at that, I almost knew what I was talking about.

the thing i see that trips everyone up is that the characters all need to be lv1 and the pedestals all need to be 'woken up' or whatever

it's not enough to just use all the figures, which honestly is kind of confusing. i know i had to look it up to find out what i did wrong

the thing i see that trips everyone up is that the characters all need to be lv1 and the pedestals all need to be 'woken up' or whatever

it's not enough to just use all the figures, which honestly is kind of confusing. i know i had to look it up to find out what i did wrong

Because if it was just use the figures, a lot o people would just scan the sealed figure and return it. More or less why Nintendo put a piece if metal below the Amibo packages.

Because if it was just use the figures, a lot o people would just scan the sealed figure and return it. More or less why Nintendo put a piece if metal below the Amibo packages.

you can still do that anyway though, if you really want to. being inside the package doesn't stop the characters from leveling

curb

Banned
After the Star Wars Rebels season finale last night, I really want a Rebels Ahsoka figure or at least a costume disc.

I was reading some old Italian Disney comics and had a crazy idea. People complain that DI does not mix franchises outside toybox, right? So why Disney does not release a set of classic characters as Star Wars ones and let people use them in all Star Wars playsets? It would not break the playset mechanics. Let's see'

Mickey Skywalker
Princess Minnie Lea
Donald Solo
Goofbacca
Pete Vader

And so on...

Too crazy?

I was reading some old Italian Disney comics and had a crazy idea. People complain that DI does not mix franchises outside toybox, right? So why Disney does not release a set of classic characters as Star Wars ones and let people use them in all Star Wars playsets? It would not break the playset mechanics. Let's see'

Mickey Skywalker
Princess Minnie Lea
Donald Solo
Goofbacca
Pete Vader

And so on...

Too crazy?

53WdgJx.jpg

curb

Banned
This weekend I watched the Rebels finale
again
, a couple episodes of Clone Wars and finished the Twilight of the Republic play set for the third time. I've said it here before but I'd buy five Clone Wars era DI play sets. I just love the detail and the overall feel in that set. After rewatching the end of the
Mandalore
arc in Clone Wars, I appreciate Maul's
Death Watch
enemies so much more.

RobbieNick

I'm doing a Toy Box and having a little trouble with logic links and such. Can anyone recommend a good toy box building forum for newbs?

I'm doing a Toy Box and having a little trouble with logic links and such. Can anyone recommend a good toy box building forum for newbs?
I honestly have not found a good place to learn about toy box logic outside of some YouTube videos. The gameplay templates have a decent explanation for the toys in the template, but everything else is too vague.

h0mebas3

I apologize in advance...somehow I've missed the whole Disney Infinity thing, so I thank everyone for putting up with this question.

Big Marvel fan, so if I want to play the Marvel Battlegrounds set, I need to first buy the 3.0 starter pack for PS4?

I apologize in advance...somehow I've missed the whole Disney Infinity thing, so I thank everyone for putting up with this question.

Big Marvel fan, so if I want to play the Marvel Battlegrounds set, I need to first buy the 3.0 starter pack for PS4?

Any 3.0 Starter pack or you can buy the game digitally (cheaper) and grab an used base at you local shop (Wii/WiiU/PS3/PS4 are all the same, Xbox 360 and Xbox Pne use a different portal each).

Here's a free PC web code for Boba Fett for anyone who wants it:

Use quote to view and please say if you used it.

May the Force be with you!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
ALICE, MAD HATTER, & TIME DISNEY INFINITY FIGURES RELEASING ON MAY 24TH

Were these announced already? I feel like I knew they were coming but not necessarily officially(?)

On an unrelated note, I've been playing that Nuketown level. That's some well made stuff right there. I really enjoy it with a Jedi character. Also, I've finally been playing around with my new Marvel figures and Visions charged laser beam attack is great.

Ohhhhh... not a fan of the Hatter look. :/

ALICE, MAD HATTER, & TIME DISNEY INFINITY FIGURES RELEASING ON MAY 24TH

Were these announced already? I feel like I knew they were coming but not necessarily officially(?)

On an unrelated note, I've been playing that Nuketown level. That's some well made stuff right there. I really enjoy it with a Jedi character. Also, I've finally been playing around with my new Marvel figures and Visions charged laser beam attack is great.

No official announcement yet, thi is Gamespot preorderig ahed of it.

Plus, no playset??? I thought Alice was the Disney pillar playset of this year.

curb

Banned
No official announcement yet, thi is Gamespot preorderig ahed of it.

Plus, no playset??? I thought Alice was the Disney pillar playset of this year.

Disney and Pixar are counted separately as "pillars", right? I guess there's no playset. What else does Disney proper have this year?

Edit: Moana playset?

Rhaegar

Disney and Pixar are counted separately as "pillars", right? I guess there's no playset. What else does Disney proper have this year?

Edit: Moana playset?

Little Mermaid playset to take advantage of figuring out swimming mechanics with Dory?

curb

Banned
Little Mermaid playset to take advantage of figuring out swimming mechanics with Dory?

I'm guessing that their "four pillars" thing makes going back like that for a playset unlikely. I'm sure they'll want to promote a movie that's in theatre. Little Mermaid figure seems likely though if they add underwater stuff to the Toy Box.

Rhaegar

I'm guessing that their "four pillars" thing makes going back like that for a playset unlikely. I'm sure they'll want to promote a movie that's in theatre. Little Mermaid figure seems likely though if they add underwater stuff to the Toy Box.

You're probably right. I should just get used to my dreams being crushed by yet another Johnny Depp figure annually instead of my 90s classic characters/playsets :-(.

Hoping Moana does end up getting the playset though. Little worried after no playsets for Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia though.

curb

Banned
You're probably right. I should just get used to my dreams being crushed by yet another Johnny Depp figure annually instead of my 90s classic characters/playsets :-(.

Hoping Moana does end up getting the playset though. Little worried after no playsets for Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia though.

You're right, the Disney Infinity reality is that they're going to focus on current properties. Doesn't bother me personally but I totally get peoples' disappointment.

Frozen is the one that still makes no sense to me. Timing could have messed with BH6 and Zootopia but Frozen was HUGE and not that old.

Christopher

I don't understand why they don't focus on all the properties. Disney released snow white this year from the vault and nothing so I have to think that they're going to do something with the princesses

Rhaegar

I don't understand why they don't focus on all the properties. Disney released snow white this year from the vault and nothing so I have to think that they're going to do something with the princesses

I never even thought of that missed chance. I would love to play with a Grumpy figure when my kid and I are playing around in Toyboxes.

Edit: I feel like maybe I'm coming off too pessimistic here. I'm just that crazy collector that has all the figures and playsets. Love almost all Disney, Marvel and Star Wars properties and just gotta catch all the Infinity-pokemons!

curb

Banned
I'm sure they have all kinds of metrics that tell them that they can make more money off their current properties than any legacy or rereleases. These decisions can't be made lightly considering the cost of development.

They sure have metrics but a worthly bunch of prejudice and old school thought from the upper management also accounts.

Exemple? Frozen. At the time of 1.0 release a playset was planned, which was scrapped for the Lone Ranger one. I believe it counts that 1.0 was a risk and they needed to focus on Pixar hot potatos,but.. DI was seen as targeting the boys audience, and Disney Princeses would be a bigger risk. Anna and Elza ended as single figures and Lone Wolf... Well... It changed a little with 2.0 with Tinckle Bell and now it is a issue only with the Marvel side. But some decisions still does not make much sense.

Also, keep in mind that they are still targeting the boys audience, not the adult collector which would be influenced by nostalgia. Which kid today would know those old properties?

Christopher

They sure have metrics but a worthly bunch of prejudice and old school thought from the upper management also accounts.

Exemple? Frozen. At the time of 1.0 release a playset was planned, which was scrapped for the Lone Ranger one. I believe it counts that 1.0 was a risk and they needed to focus on Pixar hot potatos,but.. DI was seen as targeting the boys audience, and Disney Princeses would be a bigger risk. Anna and Elza ended as single figures and Lone Wolf... Well... It changed a little with 2.0 with Tinckle Bell and now it is a issue only with the Marvel side. But some decisions still does not make much sense.

Also, keep in mind that they are still targeting the boys audience, not the adult collector which would be influenced by nostalgia. Which kid today would know those old properties?

Kids today very much know the old properties

Kids today very much know the old properties

My eight years old only knows Aladdin from the theme parks. Robin Hood from the non Disney animations (so no Fox), Lion King a little (I am sure the new animation will help when aired here). Dumbo, Pinocchio, Rescue Rangers? Ah. And that is the movies side. I wnted some 90s cartoons too.

Top Bottom