• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Malyse

I'm pretty sure that Battlegrounds is the only Marvel playset for 3.0. I can't remember the source but I'm sure someone can back me up on this if I'm not wrong.
We aren't getting 4.0 this year. They aren't going to go two years with just one Marvel playset. Cmon.

A PvP set for Civil War's release makes sense so I imagine we'll get a story based one either later this year or next year as long as 4.0 isn't a thing.

I'm mostly curious what Star Wars set we'll get next. Rogue One I guess? What else is left to do?

curb

Banned
We aren't getting 4.0 this year. They aren't going to go two years with just one Marvel playset. Cmon.

iheartinfinity recap said:
First up the team announced that there are at least four new playsets coming to the game, with one from each of the core brands: Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. The only possible sticking point here is that we don’t know if the upcoming Marvel Battlegrounds counts as the Marvel playset, or if there is another one past that (edit: from the twitch stream follow-up JV confirmed that Battlegrounds is the Marvel playset that this refers to).

Source

I was pretty sure I had seen that somewhere. Sounds like Battlegrounds is the remaining 3.0 playset.

Well at least there's more Marvel characters coming? I would like to see some more any-character playsets too like Takeover and Raceway but I don't know if they sold well enough to be worth doing more.

And I'm not sure what else you would do.

curb

Banned
Well at least there's more Marvel characters coming? I would like to see some more any-character playsets too like Takeover and Raceway but I don't know if they sold well enough to be worth doing more.

And I'm not sure what else you would do.

It sounds like there are more 3.0 Marvel characters on the way. I can't remember where I read that but I think that was discussed during all the DI Next stuff.

Also, I think Rogue One is an easy lock for the Star Wars set.

curb

Banned
My Vision, Ant-Man and Black Panther finally came today. I really like Ant-Man but he's got some rough spots. BP looks great. Something seems off with my Vision though - I think it might be the paint job on the eyes. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with them.

Now to find some time to actually try them in game.

Edit: after a closer look at all three of them, there seems to be a lot of rough spots where the different pieces go together. The design is good but the assembly just doesn't seem as clean as the Star Wars figures.

I hope they do some LightFX figures other than Star Wars ones eventually. I'd love LightFX Tron stuff and some Marvel characters like Iron Man would be cool too.

Oh wow, Black Suit Spidey is a proper 3.0 character with a web yank like the force pull, air combos, the works. I had no idea, I thought he was just a Spidey with the costume disc built in. Even his basic melee moves have new animations.

Totally worth getting!

Oh wow, Black Suit Spidey is a proper 3.0 character with a web yank like the force pull, air combos, the works. I had no idea, I thought he was just a Spidey with the costume disc built in. Even his basic melee moves have new animations.

Totally worth getting!

But the figure itself is the same as the one bundled with 2.0 vita starter pack, right? So if I use that one in 3.0 I will have all new moves too.

Ecto311

Not sure if posted but bestbuy has Hulkbuster Ironman and Ultron for 3.99 each if you have GCU. Hastings (if you have one local) was doing buy 2 get one free too.

This custom is awesome

CdtuQruUkAAo8lq.jpg

source: https://twitter.com/Kirdein/status/710282607158697988

curb

Banned
I spent most of my weekend DI time with Ant-Man. I really like his animations and that fully powered super jump is crazy.

I also spent some time playing Speedway with my three year old daughter. She's barely played games and she was terrible at it but loved driving around the Frozen track. I was surprised at how much fun we both had.

satori

Heads up my local bestbuy price matched the toys r us deal. And after ring out my gcu applied as well. My son was stoked when he saw all the new characters.

Blues1990

As much as I want to get a figurine or two in this series (I don't care about the game itself, as it doesn't interest me in the slightest), but the characters that I want are not there.

Blues1990

What characters do you want?

This may sound weird, but I actually want DI figurines of characters from the company's older live action films, such as the following:

-The Rocketeer
-Jareth
-Captain Nemo
-Eddie Valiant/Roger Rabbit/Jessica Rabbit/Doom

And aside from Dipper & Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls, I would be so happy if there were DI figurines for the Gargoyles cast. Goliath, Eliza, Demona, Zanatos, they would all be equally cool additions. Then there's also characters from the Disney European Comics, but I'm pretty sure none of you guys care for the likes of Fethry or Scrooge.

curb

Banned
This may sound weird, but I actually want DI figurines of characters from the company's older live action films, such as the following:

-The Rocketeer
-Jareth
-Captain Nemo
-Eddie Valiant/Roger Rabbit/Jessica Rabbit/Doom

And aside from Dipper & Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls, I would be so happy if there were DI figurines for the Gargoyles cast. Goliath, Eliza, Demona, Zanatos, they would all be equally cool additions. Then there's also characters from the Disney European Comics, but I'm pretty sure none of you guys care for the likes of Fethry or Scrooge.

You're not the only person I've seen ask for those older characters. Obviously they don't really fit in with the current "pillars" that they're pushing but surely there's enough fan outcry for some of those older characters to at least show up as figures.

On an unrelated note, official word about the Apple TV version losing support. Yikes.

Blues1990

You're not the only person I've seen ask for those older characters. Obviously they don't really fit in with the current "pillars" that they're pushing but surely there's enough fan outcry for some of those older characters to at least show up as figures.

I don't have any interest with any of the Marvel DI figurines, especially as they are pushing for the MCU versions of those characters. And the Star Wars toys are designed with so much love for the material, which is great, but I don't love the series enough to get them.

And not all of my requests are for the old material. Hell, Wander and Star Butterfly are dying to be represented in DI, and those two are still pretty new characters which would be fun additions. Having Wander defeating enemies in non-violent ways (a-la singing songs on his banjo and offering them sandwiches) would be a funny sight to see.

Fethry or Scrooge.

As a Brazilian, I eould really like a Fethry (although no one knows him in US)

On an unrelated note, official word about the Apple TV version losing support. Yikes.

PC version support was dropped last week too. Shame, but why anyone would pay $15 for a dlc character without the figure itself? I know the figures come with a free code, but that is really not appealing for pc gamers.

curb

Banned
PC version support was dropped last week too. Shame, but why anyone would pay $15 for a dlc character without the figure itself? I know the figures come with a free code, but that is really not appealing for pc gamers.

I don't think anyone did though and that was the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people bought their character codes on eBay resulting in the PC and Mobile versions not making any money.

I don't think anyone did though and that was the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people bought their character codes on eBay resulting in the PC and Mobile versions not making any money.

Yes, but that was exactly the problem. Which was their business plan? Expecting pc gamers to pay $15 per character? That is insane. Charge $3 to $5 without the figure and then msybe you will make sone money. The same for playsets. Charge $10 not $35.

curb

Banned
Yes, but that was exactly the problem. Which was their business plan? Expecting pc gamers to pay $15 per character? That is insane. Charge $3 to $5 without the figure and then msybe you will make sone money. The same for playsets. Charge $10 not $35.

Too much "let's see what we can get away with" pricing that enses up killing the game on certain platforms screwing over fans. It's too bad.

I bought the Judy and Nick figures after seeing Zootopia and while Judy is pretty much what I expected and pretty fun, Nick is... kind of weird and hilarious. I figured he'd just do some punches and kicks and stuff but fighting with the elephant pop was not something I'd have expected, ever. Super funny decision, I can dig it.

I really like the Zootopia sky disc too. Wasn't going to pick that set up but for $5 I couldn't pass up the costumes.

best buy having a sale on some older figures

picked up what marvel characters I needed

I now have everyone except falcon, yondu, and black suit spider-man

I REALLY like battlegrounds even as a single player experience so this shit is cool to me

I like collecting the figures so there was no way that I'd pay the same amount of money just for the in-game stuff. I really enjoyed the game but there's no way that I'll move over to the console versions if my progress doesn't carry over. I could live with the longer load times, mandatory Infinity base use and the lack of Steam Controller support on console but I don't want to have to retrain my characters.

I like collecting the figures so there was no way that I'd pay the same amount of money just for the in-game stuff. I really enjoyed the game but there's no way that I'll move over to the console versions if my progress doesn't carry over. I could live with the longer load times, mandatory Infinity base use and the lack of Steam Controller support on console but I don't want to have to retrain my characters.

Character levels are stored in tve figures. You would loose playset progression by moving to consoles although.

Over on Reddit it would seem someone's clipped through walls in the Hall Of Heroes maps and found some placeholder stuff. A bunch of empty Star Wars pedestals (like 7?) and a ton of overlapping hologram pedestal character models- notably Thanos was identified. Might have the next wave leaked in its entirety soon. (edit: It looks like Scarlet Witch might be another one?)

Or this could be scrapped content.

Flip a coin I guess.

fernoca

Is no 4.0 a bad sign?
An interesting sign more than anything.

This has been the plan since 1.0.
One base game, then everything as updates.

But the excuse for 1.0 > 2.0 was that they rebuilt everything as 1.0 had ties to Wii.

Then 2.0 > 3.0 was that sales weren't as high as they hoped (and updates to Toybox).

So it will be a test more than anything. As long as people continue updating 3.0 and buying figures nothing changes per se.

Top Bottom