• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

Amani

It's going doooooooooooown!

I still don't like how Materia and Generic Devil Man look. But fuck that shit, I can play as MA BOY

Dissidia-FFA-Ramza-PV.jpg

If the game ends up popular enough, the amount of characters could definitely end up going passed their original goal. A couple of guest characters wouldn't be too bad.

ChanMan

Nice I put over 100 hrs into Dissidia012 I really enjoyed Labyrinth mode. Also is there 1v1 and 2v2 fights as well?

Blobbers

Apparently it's a damage system brought from the Tactics games - there are 2 kinds of damage/attacks, Brave and HP.

Brave attacks steal a certain amount of Brave from your opponent, and HP attacks apply the character's current amount of Brave to the opponent's HP, so basically there can be some back-and-forth with Brave attacks and attempts to chip away at an opponent's HP gradually with multiple weak HP attacks, or try to rack up as much Brave as possible and end an opponent with a single HP attack.

never played those, oop

sounds okay, though

BadWolf

Apparently it's a damage system brought from the Tactics games - there are 2 kinds of damage/attacks, Brave and HP.

Brave attacks steal a certain amount of Brave from your opponent, and HP attacks apply the character's current amount of Brave to the opponent's HP, so basically there can be some back-and-forth with Brave attacks and attempts to chip away at an opponent's HP gradually with multiple weak HP attacks, or try to rack up as much Brave as possible and end an opponent with a single HP attack.

Sounds like scratch damage and direct damage from Resonance of Fate.

Generic Nomura Kingdom Hearts Villain v5.0 looks bad and all I can do is chuckle every time I see Materia's little baby crown. Horrible designs and I feel bad for Amano for having to work them into the logo.

That said, I'm glad this is actually going to release before 2022 when the entire roster should finally be complete.
Surprised they aren't flashing the '30th Anniversary of FF' logo on all of these new FF related trailers, tbh.

This looks interesting :D
That hud though looks a bit too much for me.
Also do they use their legs at all lol? Felt like i was watching dbz lol.
I dont remember FF combat being so airborne.
Regardless if gaf likes it ill give it a try.

Xeilyn

Finally! I was kinda hoping for a november release or something but early 2018 doesnt sound too bad.

Played it a bit when i was in japan last year, very cool and very confusing. They really need to do something about all that clutter aswell.

If they add Beatrix my life will be complete.

wvnative

Anyone know if this will have the option of classic 1v1 battles? I prefer that when it comes to fighting games as squad based fighters usually seem...unfocused.

timberger

Took a while for this to get announced, but glad it's finally official.

With this and Yakuza 6 confirmed for early 2018, it's looking like we could be in for another stacked start to the year for PS4 next year. Bring it.

Took a while for this to get announced, but glad it's finally official.

With this and Yakuza 6 confirmed for early 2018, it's looking like we could be in for another stacked start to the year for PS4 next year. Bring it.

Honestly during the PS4 era, I've enjoyed the early parts of the year more than the fall/winter season when it comes to game releases.

Golnei

Noctis older form better be an alt costume or else.

Either that, younger Noctis just wearing the suit part of the outfit without the cape and brace, or the outfit from the very end of the game would be worthwhile alt costumes. I just hope they don't use his standard casual alternate - even the Chocobo-themed costumes would be preferable to that.

Ray Down

Banned
Either that, younger Noctis just wearing the suit part of the outfit without the cape and brace, or the outfit from the very end of the game would be worthwhile alt costumes. I just hope they don't use his standard casual alternate - even the Chocobo-themed costumes would be preferable to that.

Possible, but Older Noctis is way cooler looking as an alt than that could be.

DNAbro

I forgot about this game. I wonder why it's going to come out next year though. I thought this game's been in arcades for a couple years already.

Well it's been in active development that whole time with the arcade getting steady updates. I'm assuming a lot of the time was spent filling out the roster and creating the single player.

_Nemo

Anyone know if this will have the option of classic 1v1 battles? I prefer that when it comes to fighting games as squad based fighters usually seem...unfocused.

Seems to be 3v3 only. But I can't fathom them not adding 1v1, so hopefully it'll be an option.

I thought this would be announced sooner.

While there is a lot to like, the HUD clusterfuck and multiple battlers are a serious turn off. And I liked 012 to death.

Top Bottom