• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

Game comes out in "Early 2018".

Aside from Noctis, how many more character reveals will we get? I hope more than just Noctis....but, I say 2 in addition to Noctis, both villains.

raven777

Game comes out in "Early 2018".

Aside from Noctis, how many more character reveals will we get? I hope more than just Noctis....but, I say 2 in addition to Noctis, both villains.

They are revealing 4 new characters until November. I assume those would be in the PS4 version as well.

David___

Banned
The arcade version runs on custom PS4 hardware that use custom DS4s as a joystick. Not surprised its gonna be exclusive

Both RPGs and fighting games do way better on PS4. Have you seen the Tekken 7 split ? There is nothing to be suprised about really.
How big is the split?

BigEmil

Hope the Pro support is good.

Can we expect 60fps on this?
3 v 3 fighter in a pretty big open 3d space and detailed characters with lots of effects and stuff going on at once I'd say unlikely but if they did manage somehow with all that then a surprise

ChanMan

Finally! I was kinda hoping for a november release or something but early 2018 doesnt sound too bad.

Played it a bit when i was in japan last year, very cool and very confusing. They really need to do something about all that clutter aswell.

If they add Beatrix my life will be complete.

Yes I would love to see Beatrix in this!

libregkd

They are revealing 4 new characters until November. I assume those would be in the PS4 version as well.
If that's the case, it's likely they get close to roster parity with the original Dissidia. The current roster is only missing Cloud of Darkness, Ultimecia, Jecht, Golbez,and Gabranth.

They would probably be some brand new characters in addition to returning ones though. But given the early 2018 release, I wouldn't be shocked if the entire original cast of Dissidia is in the game by the time it releases.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This is probably the best game that could fit SE's "Games as a service" push without feeling overly compromised for it. Just keep adding costumes and characters and levels to keep fan engagement up and it could go on for a while

Rojo

Not to mention team ninja knows how to make some damn money on this type of game. Im expecting lots of alts.

bunkitz

FUCKING FINALLY.

There won't be a dedicated story mode, though, from my understanding? Shame about that. Although, not a big deal. I hope we'll have the option to do 1-on-1 battles, as opposed to the standard 3-on-3 battles. I feel like I won't have as much fun with the latter. Still! Super excited that my crack is finally coming to the PS4.

I sure as hell hope Duodecim's entire cast returns, though. And man, playing as Noctis is gonna be sick.

CheckMate

FUCKING FINALLY.

There won't be a dedicated story mode, though, from my understanding?

There will be. Taken from Amazon description:

• Legendary narrative - Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)

Previous Dissdia games also had a story mode.

Razmos

The character select screen shows the protagonists from FF1-14 and the information says the game will have over 20 fighters, so we'll just have to see who else makes it in.

Edit: Trailer seems to show Sephiroth at least?
Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Y'Shtola, Garland, Kain, Kuja, Exdeath, Sephiroth, Kefka, Ace, Ramza and Noctis.

Those are the ones we know so far. Plus the ones to be revealed from August onwards

Shit only 4 female characters? This is Marvel v Capcom Infinite all over again.

Shit only 4 female characters? This is Marvel v Capcom Infinite all over again.

That's disappointing :/ Hopefully Tifa will be back and people mentioned Beatrix earlier which would also be a cool character. FF8 doesn't seem to have a second representative so probably Ultimecia will be back.

Wazzy

Banned
Cool, I've been wanting a new dissidia. I still wish they would fix up Squall's design(they did a good job on Cloud) but I guess I'll play him only in his SeeD uniform.

Wazzy

Banned
Give me Seifer or Rinoa as playable! I'd love for Rinoa to involve Angelo in fighting lol
Would love for them to swerve and give us Edea instead. ;)
They did give an Edea alt costume to Ultimecia in Dissidia 012 so I expect them to go that route with her again.

Razmos

Would love for them to swerve and give us Edea instead. ;)
The Edea costume in 012 was my fave
3496b26fe1f04ff39062bcc77f207a69.png

Razmos

Shit. I really missed out skipping on Dueydecimal 012, didn't I? :/
Absolutely. The new characters and costumes were so good. Not to mention the game itself.

Not many sequels (or prequels I guess) include an improved version of the first game in the game itself.

Shit. I really missed out skipping on Dueydecimal 012, didn't I? :/
012 was amazing, yes. Tons of added content on top of having all the content the original had.

They did say this game would eventually have roster parity with 012, right?

What's up with the characters being labeled "Nameles _________ "??

Also, where is Ramza?!

In the original games during the story mode you fought a bunch of faceless clones of the games roster. I'm assuming this is along the same lines.

I know it's not going to change by me wishing it, but I really wish this game's battle system and UI were a lot different.

The last two games didn't really have a competitive scene mainly because they were on handhelds, but I feel like this one isn't going to be any different.

Golnei

They did give an Edea alt costume to Ultimecia in Dissidia 012 so I expect them to go that route with her again.

It's the only real alternate costume Ultimecia had in the original games, so I think it's pretty likely as well. Edea is going to look amazing updated to the level of this game's models, her most high-quality official rendition is until now still the original game's FMVs.

libregkd

That's disappointing :/ Hopefully Tifa will be back and people mentioned Beatrix earlier which would also be a cool character. FF8 doesn't seem to have a second representative so probably Ultimecia will be back.
I think there is a good chance that Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness will be back by the time the console version is released. The devs have also been pretty clear that all characters from the previous games will be back at some point so I expect Tifa, Yuna, and Prishe will be added. It will probably just be awhile as they've been rather slow with announcing new characters + they will probably announce brand new characters instead of only just ones that are returning to the series.

I think there is a good chance that Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness will be back by the time the console version is released. The devs have also been pretty clear that all characters from the previous games will be back at some point so I expect Tifa, Yuna, and Prishe will be added. It will probably just be awhile as they've been rather slow with announcing new characters + they will probably announce brand new characters instead of only just ones that are returning to the series.

Totally forgot about Yuna actually. Really hope she makes it in as well.

------------------------------------

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340616
Also for people worried that there won't be a story mode.

Top Bottom